Page 27 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 2357
  1. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I have read about using that method, and used only once.....even with maybe one night out's amount of pics (25-30 maybe?), the process of selecting one at a time, attaching and repeating, is just rediculously slow. I sure was hoping the first robust facebook app would encompass a method for checkmarking multiple photos to upload....this to me is what makes a mobile app useful, not just for reading status updates.


    ....oh well
    Robust photo functionality is near the top of my list for 1.1
  2. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #522  
    Version 0.0.31:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.31_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.31_all.ipk)
    * No Palm notifications for facebook notifications if you have that turned off
    * Better detection of when your internet connection comes and goes. Won't bother timing out, and instead just gives an error unless the app is minimized.

    I think the next version will probably use the "alarm" service to poll, which will allow me to optionally wake up the device to poll. It should also make it less likely that something will go wrong and the application will stop polling.

    Please verify that it works for you so I can post it on the gallery.
  3. #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Version 0.0.31:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.31_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.31_all.ipk)
    * No Palm notifications for facebook notifications if you have that turned off
    * Better detection of when your internet connection comes and goes. Won't bother timing out, and instead just gives an error unless the app is minimized.

    I think the next version will probably use the "alarm" service to poll, which will allow me to optionally wake up the device to poll. It should also make it less likely that something will go wrong and the application will stop polling.

    Please verify that it works for you so I can post it on the gallery.
    Any plans on working on any of the following?
    -Could you make the avatars size match the blue rectangles that show the name and date? I think it would be nice if they were aligned to match the same height.
    -When tapping on enter a comment, Could you make the message go away?
    -Is it possible to add a light blue background around the comments? To differentiate the original post from the comments.
    -I think the fonts could be a bit, just a bit smaller on the comments view.
    -It would be nice if pictures would load full screen within the same app.

    Thanks
  4. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Any plans on working on any of the following?
    -Could you make the avatars size match the blue rectangles that show the name and date? I think it would be nice if they were aligned to match the same height.
    -When tapping on enter a comment, Could you make the message go away?
    -Is it possible to add a light blue background around the comments? To differentiate the original post from the comments.
    -I think the fonts could be a bit, just a bit smaller on the comments view.
    -It would be nice if pictures would load full screen within the same app.

    Thanks
    I think those are all good suggestions. (some of which were suggested already.)

    I'm at a point that I think I can probably work on them.
  5. #525  
    i guess im gonna have to w8 till u post this update in the gallery bc i got 64 apps installed and when i try and install via filecoaster it gives me an error...and im not gonna delete apps so im gonna w8 till u post on gallery so i can update with Preware which allows me to install without giving me *****
  6. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #526  
    Version 0.0.32:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.32_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.32_all.ipk)
    * Smaller fonts in post view
    * better sizing of profile images
    * lines to break up comments
  7. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i guess im gonna have to w8 till u post this update in the gallery bc i got 64 apps installed and when i try and install via filecoaster it gives me an error...and im not gonna delete apps so im gonna w8 till u post on gallery so i can update with Preware which allows me to install without giving me *****
    OK OK, .32 is up in the gallery. hope it works well....
  8. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Any plans on working on any of the following?
    -Could you make the avatars size match the blue rectangles that show the name and date? I think it would be nice if they were aligned to match the same height.
    -When tapping on enter a comment, Could you make the message go away?
    -Is it possible to add a light blue background around the comments? To differentiate the original post from the comments.
    -I think the fonts could be a bit, just a bit smaller on the comments view.
    -It would be nice if pictures would load full screen within the same app.

    Thanks
    fixed the avatars and font sizes.
  9. #529  
    Love it Grepper, but the Palm notifications don't go away even with notifications turned off in preferences. I even uninstalled and reinstalled, still no go.
  10. #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i guess im gonna have to w8 till u post this update in the gallery bc i got 64 apps installed and when i try and install via filecoaster it gives me an error...and im not gonna delete apps so im gonna w8 till u post on gallery so i can update with Preware which allows me to install without giving me *****
    Des Preware get around the "You've ran out of space" issue I keep stumbling on due to having too many apps installed? If so, that just made my day because I keep having to pick an App to remove in order to try out new ones cause I'm maxed out. Should be no limit!
  11. #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Des Preware get around the "You've ran out of space" issue I keep stumbling on due to having too many apps installed? If so, that just made my day because I keep having to pick an App to remove in order to try out new ones cause I'm maxed out. Should be no limit!
    yeah preware gets around it....i had 64 apps installed today and couldnt update thru filecoaster with the url....but right when grepper uploaded it to the gallery it updated perfectly...right now im starting over again bc my boot time was over 5 minutes for some strange reason so i did a partial reset and that fixed it so now im doing all the tweaks all over again
  12. #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah preware gets around it....i had 64 apps installed today and couldnt update thru filecoaster with the url....but right when grepper uploaded it to the gallery it updated perfectly...right now im starting over again bc my boot time was over 5 minutes for some strange reason so i did a partial reset and that fixed it so now im doing all the tweaks all over again
    Preware needs to get updated to include URL updates like filecoaster does.
  13. #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    fixed the avatars and font sizes.
    You Rock Dude! Love this update...! So much cleaner...
  14. #534  
    This app just gets better and better. I notice now though that when I look at the comments that my picture shows up as the person commenting
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #535  
    I get a lot of small bugs when useing this app. A lot of times the feeds dont load. The notifications dont go away after hitting read sometimes. The comments dont work sometimes so i hit it again and end up with a double post. Sometimes i get a screen that says this page verifys that your app is running or something like that. A lot of times i get error windows.
  16. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I get a lot of small bugs when useing this app. A lot of times the feeds dont load. The notifications dont go away after hitting read sometimes. The comments dont work sometimes so i hit it again and end up with a double post. Sometimes i get a screen that says this page verifys that your app is running or something like that. A lot of times i get error windows.
    Sounds like you have an unreliable connection. All of those things (except the last one) would happen if when a HTTP request is made to facebook, it never completed.

    Obviously when writing for a mobile platform, I need to do a better job dealing with failed network code.

    Do you know what you were doing before you got the screen about verifying the app running?
  17. #537  
    great app, this one is what convinced me to start downloading homebrews...

    the only thing i can think of so far that i would love to see in the future:
    If i place the icon for the app on my quick launch (not sure if thats what its referred to as, but the 5 main icons i have showing when i have no cards open)... it would be great to have it so that the icon for the app could show a symbol, say the actual notifications red bubble with a number, above it if i have a new notification.
    I have seen it on a few friends BB Storms.
  18. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by snozberrys123 View Post
    great app, this one is what convinced me to start downloading homebrews...

    the only thing i can think of so far that i would love to see in the future:
    If i place the icon for the app on my quick launch (not sure if thats what its referred to as, but the 5 main icons i have showing when i have no cards open)... it would be great to have it so that the icon for the app could show a symbol, say the actual notifications red bubble with a number, above it if i have a new notification.
    I have seen it on a few friends BB Storms.
    I don't believe that's possible with WebOS.. the Mail app doesn't do that, does it?
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I don't believe that's possible with WebOS.. the Mail app doesn't do that, does it?
    the mail app doesnt do that...but would be awesome if it did
  20. #540  
    I keep running into this bug more regularly now where when I go to view comments, it is showing double of several of the comments at the end again..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions