.19 is looking good much more stable
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Woohoo!!!!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Can't wait to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Honestly I'm thinking that in my re-implementation of notifications I will probably just rewrite the URLs to m.facebook.com and not really do much past that.

That will be a big bonus to just using m.facebook.com because FriendsFlow will poll for new notifications etc, but you will still have all the functionality that facebook has implemented in m.facebook.com.

After 1.0 I'll probably go back and add some of that back in.
    It's your app but i don't like it. When creating the app itself it would make sense to try and keep it within the app, it would be tedious to have to load up a web page, select text box and type. Rather than just select the notification, have it take you to the appropriate post within the app and allow you to reply.

You had it working man, just something got botched... and it wasn't even all of the time and for everybody. It seems more like a step backwards, but that's just my 2 cents.

Good progress so far though,

dave
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    It's your app but i don't like it. When creating the app itself it would make sense to try and keep it within the app, it would be tedious to have to load up a web page, select text box and type. Rather than just select the notification, have it take you to the appropriate post within the app and allow you to reply.

You had it working man, just something got botched... and it wasn't even all of the time and for everybody. It seems more like a step backwards, but that's just my 2 cents.

Good progress so far though,

dave
    The problem is that not all notifications are about comments.

Step 1: get something SOLID that works every time.
    Step 2: try to submit it to palm
    Step 3: if I have time between submitting it to palm and when they will take it in the catalog for a fee (I'm currently thinking $1.99) then I'll add carefully features in.

I'm currently on parental leave, but I will have somewhat less time to work on things starting very soon. (Then I'm taking all of October off when my wife goes back to work.)

My top priority is having a solid quality program. Having more features is less important.
    You are doing awesome work Grepper! Thank so much for what you've done! I no longer use the real facebook website anymore on the Pre!
    Sounds good, and is very promising. I just feel it's a shame that we can't have notifications right now. I'm gonna use an earlier version until it completely dies on me and then i'll update once you have that solid product . Also because i really liked the notifications feature but understand the complexity of having things which aren't necessarily text comments.

Thanks for the reply.
    Is it just me, or can you no longer see who likes a status update? For me, it just says how many people like it, not who they are.

Grepper, all I can say is thank you. So many updates and so fast to get things corrected. I sincerely hope you can figure out what caused the glitch and you can get this app exactly the way you want it. Best of luck when it hits the app store, and I will be one of the first to purchase it.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    YOU can have notifications RIGHT NOW!
    Version 0.0.20: (in progress)
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.20_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.20_all.ipk)
    * Added notifications back in. They are very basic, but at least you get background polling and can go look at the content you are being notified about.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Is it just me, or can you no longer see who likes a status update? For me, it just says how many people like it, not who they are.

Grepper, all I can say is thank you. So many updates and so fast to get things corrected. I sincerely hope you can figure out what caused the glitch and you can get this app exactly the way you want it. Best of luck when it hits the app store, and I will be one of the first to purchase it.
    That has never changed.

Facebook gives me a list of (I think) your friends who liked it with the status feed. Or maybe it is just up to two of your friends, or something. In any case, it is the same as it has always been.
    In order to get a list of all the people who liked it, I'd have to make another API call. That might be worth it, but I've been trying to keep the number of API calls down to keep things speedy.
    YOU can have notifications RIGHT NOW!
    Version 0.0.20: (in progress)
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.20_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.20_all.ipk)
    * Added notifications back in. They are very basic, but at least you get background polling and can go look at the content you are being notified about.
    looks gr8....u knwo that when u click on more...it does show u more....but the ones from the very top go away and to put it back u gotta refresh....but anyways gr8 update!!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS let me know if .20 works for you. I'd love to get a few more testers before I put it up on the homebrew gallery.
    also....home come when u click on notifications it goes blank even though (for me) it says 17 notifications
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    looks gr8....u knwo that when u click on more...it does show u more....but the ones from the very top go away and to put it back u gotta refresh....but anyways gr8 update!!
    I've been thinking that that was a palm bug, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I guess I'll add that to my list of things to ask on the palm forums.
    I've been thinking that that was a palm bug, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I guess I'll add that to my list of things to ask on the palm forums.
    its ok man take ur time with these updates....ur doing a gr8 job!!!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Seems to be better. How do you clear a notification?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    Seems to be better. How do you clear a notification?
    can't yet. (except maybe in the mobile site?)

Look for that in the next version.
    i dont know but when i click on my notifications it just takes me to a white page??
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Hey grepper.... .20 is great. The notifications button is a great addition.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok. It's back to being a useable app gotta love developing like this, it's like running a deli in the lion exhibit at the zoo