Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,357 of 2357
    Grepper, thanks for the app. I still use the beta on 1.4. The notifications still work (beta app only).

I can tell you right now the Facebook app is NOT 10 times better. It may look a little more polished, but it does not do notifications. You got the ball rolling.

Note to all developers: WE WANT BACKGROUND NOTIFICATIONS!! WE WANT BACKGROUND NOTIFICATIONS!! WE WANT BACKGROUND NOTIFICATIONS.
    Thanks Grepper, been a fun ride! Good luck in future endeavors. Thanks for making it open source
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I appreciate your efforts. If Palm had their act together, we would have never needed to scrounge around for such basic functionality. I would pay for an improved version of FF, if it ever came about.
    Oh dam, Palm is on the ball now. Now i will be able to turn off the email me every time i get a new message or something on facebook with these new notifcations, Awesome!
    1.1.2 doesn't seem to be available yet. All the links still take me back to the first beta.
    Yeah, doesn't seem to be available yet but when it is this will be one of the best mobile facebook apps.
    it's available..i had the 1.1 beta and i just went to the official app catalog and went to the section where you can update your apps and that worked.
    Yeah that works, downloading it now yay!
    i have it on already looks cool....it does what twee does that when u put it in card view and come back to it it refreshes automatically
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 03/26/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Background notifications is what I liked most ab out friendsflow. If palm continues their pace with the official app and makes them just like friendsflow it will be a whole new ballgame. I honestly ha not figured palm would put any effort at all in the official app let alone blow our minds and put a big effort into it unlike some/most other platforms where the facebook app is a joke. I was considering how to give friendsflow a visual makeover, but then these updates to the official app side tracked me along with other things in life and my own programming endeavors. Anyways I still use friendsflow for the background notifications but open the palm beta client to view etc. As long as palm keeps cranking out what we want there won't be much demand for alternative apps.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    The official Facebook App is still unavailable to non-Palm countries, like Sweden. Just installed Friendsflow, like it a lot. Thanks!
    Thanks for a great app that; as my pre wont install anything from app catalogue since 1.4.1 upgrade ....AT ALL; means I can use FB.....but in all honestly I prefer this to the Facebook app anyway. Thank you lots
    This app no longer works. When you log in, you just get a white screen that says, "success."
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    This app no longer works. When you log in, you just get a white screen that says, "success."
    I'm going to take a wild guess that authentication has changed again. The official facebook app has exceeded the features of friendsflow minus the notifications of new timeline updates. Also friendsflow is open source so anyone can try and fix it if they like. I use the official facebook app even though it doesn't have the timeline update notifications I find I don't miss them that much I don't use facebook as much any more cause my friends all seem to use it like twitter and just post updates but hardly interact through it.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    mine says; No Entries available yet...

I have two accounts, and liked using FF to keep them straight. ....and open at the same time.

I hope FF doesn't die...

update: it's working fine now...
    Last edited by ToddK; 08/01/2010 at 03:59 PM.
    An update to what is causing the issue. I set my account that I have to approve devices and apps access. I got an email later after hoping to troubleshoot the post prior to my last post. The email said I basically need to authorize it to gain access to my account. Which I'm guessing this is why each time it asked me to log in and only said success rather than showing the feed because I had not gone to my facebook account on the PC to authorize the access.