Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    please go to http://friendsflow.com/register/ and then tell me what number you see. (e-mail to info@friendsflow.com)

Then turn on debugging in FriendsFlow

I'll see if I can find out what is causing the problems find a resolution.

FriendsFlow works perfectly on my phone, so it isn't broken for everyone.

I believe the problem is actually with facebook rather than my app or the webos update, but it would be useful to know exactly what is going on and I can't do that on my account because it works for me.
    Im getting the same issue D1willis ill try what you suggested.
    Mine was doing the same thing. I went to http://friendsflow.com/register/ as suggested. It asked me to login, so I did. Then I turned on debugger in FriendsFlow. Closed the app, and restarted it. Works fine now. Turned off debugger and still working fine. Mine has been broken all afternoon since I doctored my Pre with 1.4.
    i-phone, shmy-phone... I have a Pre!
    Anyone following this thread a developer (professional or hobby)?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hobby. Currently working on my first WebOS App.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Unfortunate and there are some good points made and are things I want to see improved or altered. With that said my main thought and reason for this reply continues below.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Anyone following this thread a developer (professional or hobby)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Hobby. Currently working on my first WebOS App.
    I want to see continued development of FriendsFlow be it by grepper or by others. I personally would like to be a part of that but unfortunately can't take sole development and technical support. Which means one of two options many of us pool our money together and buy it and make it open source or we group together and buy it as partners and develop it as a closed source app. Unless the after continued development of the app it becomes a huge hit I'm afraid it won't be a lucrative investment which means anyone involved in it would have to be for the love of doing it rather than in it for the income. If this sounds interesting to you could you please contact me privately and let me know your thoughts, how you would like to be involved, and if you want to be involved with FriendsFlow either as open source or closed source partnership type thing.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I've reached out to Grepper to discuss terms for a couple of business scenarios. When he gets back to me, let people know that we can discuss next steps via PM/e-mail.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/facebook-w...eo-and-gallery

It appears to have access to non-public APIs. (It can send INBOX messages, it can get email addresses from profiles...)

Honestly, IMHO, it is much better than FriendsFlow.

Just missing notifications.
    the notifications is what makes friendsflow unique. But the update to the palm Facebook app does hit friendsflow hard because if it also did notifications feature wise they would be on par with each other. Question is how big or not so big a deal is the notifications? Also being able to skin friendsflow is a plus too. To be honest all 3 clients take up too much screen real estate with too little stuff. That is why I skined friendsflow in the way I did with the greysmall theme. But with the 1.4 Update something has gone wrong and it no longer loads the theme and so the feed etc loads as if there is no css and is just text on a white screen formatted by what few exterior of the css factors.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Ah, what do you know?

Appreciate all the hard work you put into FriendsFlow. When Palm failed, you delivered. I didn't use it much, but as a developer I know it took a lot of work, so I wanted to say thanks. They have what could be considered an unfair advantage over other 3rd party apps with regard to APIs and baking Facebook support into the OS, so at least for now, not a level playing field.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts

Just missing notifications.
    Yes you are right. It's better. Notifications I don't need, so because of that I removed friendsflow today.

Still I want to thank you for your effort and work. You where a pioneer for us.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...iendsflowdebug

Since I am not as cool as some people and my account can't break friendsflow, I've created a debugging version which sends me a lot more info. I promise to use that info only to fix bugs.

If you follow the above link from your phone, it should allow you to install the debugging version. That will start sending me info.

Palm says it may take a couple hours for that URL to work. It doesn't work for me yet, so they are at least right that it takes a bit.

If you are still experiencing problems (and I don't expect that this will fix anything) please send an e-mail to info@friendsflow.com with the number from http://friendsflow.com/register and tell me that you have installed the debugging version.
    Since 1.4, FriendsFlow is definitely way more sluggish. When I get a notification, I tap top open it and the spinning hour glass goes much slower and sometimes seems to lockup for anywhere between 5-10 seconds before it'll even allow me into notifications that I tap on immediately. Definitely not performing as well in 1.4.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Announcement:

When I started work on FriendsFlow, I did it to serve a need in the Palm Pre community for a Facebook application where none existed, and the facebook mobile web site was awful. That situation has changed. The Palm facebook application is ten times better than FriendsFlow in most ways, and they seem to be dedicating significant resources towards making it even better. As market conditions change, so too must agile businesses.

WebOS 1.4 made subtle but significant changes to the way the javascript engine works which caused unpredictable problems in FriendsFlow and other WebOS applications. Given the difficulty in finding, reproducing, and ultimately fixing the problems, it does not make sense for me to continue FriendsFlow as a commercial endeavor. The return on investment just isn't there.

With this in mind, I have decided to open source (GPL) FriendsFlow and discontinue active development. Feel free to download the latest code from the first post in this forum and do whatever you want with it. If you plan to distribute the code, please create your own "application" on Facebook and change the appropriate application IDs.

I want to thank you all in this community for the support you have shown for the help with debugging and the support you have shown for the application and my development of it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Announcement:

When I started work on FriendsFlow, I did it to serve a need in the Palm Pre community for a Facebook application where none existed, and the facebook mobile web site was awful. That situation has changed. The Palm facebook application is ten times better than FriendsFlow in most ways, and they seem to be dedicating significant resources towards making it even better. As market conditions change, so too must agile businesses.

WebOS 1.4 made subtle but significant changes to the way the javascript engine works which caused unpredictable problems in FriendsFlow and other WebOS applications. Given the difficulty in finding, reproducing, and ultimately fixing the problems, it does not make sense for me to continue FriendsFlow as a commercial endeavor. The return on investment just isn't there.

With this in mind, I have decided to open source (GPL) FriendsFlow and discontinue active development. Feel free to download the latest code from the first post in this forum and do whatever you want with it. If you plan to distribute the code, please create your own "application" on Facebook and change the appropriate application IDs.

I want to thank you all in this community for the support you have shown for the help with debugging and the support you have shown for the application and my development of it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Thank you for all your hard work grepper and the best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    hate to see you stop development I still use it I like the background notifications better than anything
    thanks Grepper for your hard work, friendsflow is unique for the notifications!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hate to see you stop development I still use it I like the background notifications better than anything
    +1
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Sorry to hear you're not going to develop it further, but I think it's awesome that you'll allow others to do so in your stead.

I really wish I knew a damn thing about programming a WebOS app, because I would take a crack at it if I did. ha

The Palm Facebook App is definitely better than it once was, but without notifications, it will always be playing catch-up with something the homebrew community has had in FriendsFlow for quite some time.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz