Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2357
  1. #2301  
    It's his App, he can update/support/ignore/etc... as he pleases... just as we can choose to purchase/ignore/etc... as we please.

    I use the "Beta" version because I felt that it didn't have enough features to justify a purchase. I was waiting and watching for updates that would make it functional enough to warrant buying it.

    Basically, the moment someone - anyone - puts out a FaceBook app that enables me to not use any other FaceBook apps or the Facebook site, I will buy it. As long as I still have to use mutiple apps/websites to do my daily "facebooking" I will not pay for any one of those apps.

    I don't think it's fair to expect someone to just "turn over" their work to someone else just because you or I don't feel it's "done". It's done when the DEV says it's done. If I had the programming chops necessary, I would work on an all inclusive FaceBook app, because I know for sure that the first one put out that can do everything will be a gold mine. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  2. #2302  
    Grepper, the couple of items at Christmas time you said you would do, any chance you'll still hold to your word and do them for us? Sorta sucks to hear you say "I can do that.. I should have time in the next 5 days" and then say "I may not develop FriendsFlow further.."

    Appears I fall in the "I have not necessarily responded to e-mails asking if I'm alive or continuing development." category.. Keep in mind, you say it is still continuing to make you money so the fact that you haven't done a thing since mid December means this $10/hour is only continuing to become a bigger number than that.. Apparently you made this decision after you told us you would fix a couple things that were requested to improve the current state of the software.. There's still so many things that no Facebook client for webOS can do that would attract more buyers in your comparison to the joke of a Facebook App Palm wrote..
    Last edited by volcom45; 02/16/2010 at 01:55 PM.
  3. #2303  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    You may write whatever patches you want with the following conditions:

    1. You may not disable the ads in the free version
    2. The inclusion of your patch does not change the copyright ownership of the rest of FriendsFlow. (Therefore, you can not distribute your new SuperFriendsFlow without my permission)
    I don't intend on disabling ads and don't condone it or any sort of software piracy. My thoughs were patching the app through the current metohs of patch distribution for eample preware. The patches only add to or change existing lines of code and don't contain entire code to reproduce the app. However seeing as you are willing to sell the app rights would you have a price in mind? Perhaps some of us can reach out to the open source community for donations to make friendsflow open source and many of us can contribute to it's further development.
  4. #2304  
    Starting today, FriendsFlow--which I found far superior to the Palm app-- started calling new.facebook.com when it loads my feed at all. It would be great to have the clickable links into posts from the feed back.
    I ♥ my Pre.
  5. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2305  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Starting today, FriendsFlow--which I found far superior to the Palm app-- started calling new.facebook.com when it loads my feed at all. It would be great to have the clickable links into posts from the feed back.
    I believe that this is a _bug_ on facebook's side and I'd expect it to get fixed.

    (I emphasized _bug_ to make it distinct from an intentional change that they probably won't fix.)

    I don't think the actual correct link is available in the feed from facebook, so I don't think I can fix it.
  6. #2306  
    Don't know if this helps with troubleshooting or not, bit the links in the Palm FB app are not doing this. They are working correctly.

    Which of course doesn't help much when I can't see my notifications. ha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  7. #2307  
    FF isn't working at all for me this afternoon. Just an endless slow spinning circle. It acting up for anyone else?
  8. #2308  
    Facebook - in all it's iterations - has been very flakey for me today. :/

    It's not limited to FriendsFlow as far as I can tell.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  9. #2309  
    Facebook Chat app now in the catalog.. Real bummer we can't get him to merge his app into Friendsflow or Friendsbook..
  10. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2310  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Facebook Chat app now in the catalog.. Real bummer we can't get him to merge his app into Friendsflow or Friendsbook..
    Which, of course, shows that it can be done.

    That said, I haven't looked into how they're doing it.
  11. #2311  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Which, of course, shows that it can be done.

    That said, I haven't looked into how they're doing it.
    In FriendsFlow and Friendsbook defense that ability to do Facebook chat is a fairly new technology. At the time both apps were being developed you couldn't do chat.
  12. #2312  
    FWIW, I use Greg's messaging plugins to integrate FB chat into the messaging app with AIM, Yahoo, and GTalk. Why have FB chat in a separate app like FiendsFlow or Friendsbook?
  13. #2313  
    From the reviews I am reading about the Facebook Chat app is that it isn't that good. It sounds like it is having a lot of connection issues. Is anybody here using it?
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  14. #2314  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    From the reviews I am reading about the Facebook Chat app is that it isn't that good. It sounds like it is having a lot of connection issues. Is anybody here using it?
    i was using it since it came out...i had 2 issues...but those r fixed...the 1st issue was when u connect and then lets say u exit, and go back in the app, it does save ur login info. but if u tried to click it...nothing happened...supposedly its a webOS bug that the developer told me and the fix was to delete the app restart and install it...which fixed it...the second issue was some messages got sent and some didnt...reason was some characters that u typed just didnt go through. that got fixed today. Im officially very happy with it!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  15. #2315  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i was using it since it came out...i had 2 issues...but those r fixed...the 1st issue was when u connect and then lets say u exit, and go back in the app, it does save ur login info. but if u tried to click it...nothing happened...supposedly its a webOS bug that the developer told me and the fix was to delete the app restart and install it...which fixed it...the second issue was some messages got sent and some didnt...reason was some characters that u typed just didnt go through. that got fixed today. Im officially very happy with it!
    Cool! I kind of want to check it out but I might wait to see if Friendsbook or FriendsFlow adds it.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  16. #2316  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i was using it since it came out...i had 2 issues...but those r fixed...the 1st issue was when u connect and then lets say u exit, and go back in the app, it does save ur login info. but if u tried to click it...nothing happened...supposedly its a webOS bug that the developer told me and the fix was to delete the app restart and install it...which fixed it...the second issue was some messages got sent and some didnt...reason was some characters that u typed just didnt go through. that got fixed today. Im officially very happy with it!
    +1! I bought it and it has worked awesome for me! Only things I don't like are being added after talking with the dev. You can't hit enter key to send your message but have to rather tap that little airplane. Also, it makes the annoying palm message arrival sound for every single message you get in a conversation unless your in vibrate mode.
  17. #2317  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    +1! I bought it and it has worked awesome for me! Only things I don't like are being added after talking with the dev. You can't hit enter key to send your message but have to rather tap that little airplane. Also, it makes the annoying palm message arrival sound for every single message you get in a conversation unless your in vibrate mode.
    Yeah that would be kind of annoying.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  18. #2318  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    ...it makes the annoying palm message arrival sound for every single message you get in a conversation unless your in vibrate mode.
    How annoying could it be? Is it a different sound than the one that plays every time you get a text message?
  19. #2319  
    Anyone else using my theme have a problem with it not loading the theme? It doesn't load on mine and I think it is because of 1.4. The themes loaded on device work correctly.
  20. #2320  
    I updated my phone to the new webos 1.4.0 version last night. FriendsFlow now will not load, gets stuck in the "loading your feed" screen with the whirling update circle stuck. no whirl. Anybody else having this problem?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions