Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2357
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I haven't been on this thread for awhile but i remember when he had updates for this app like twice a day! I wonder what happened to him?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get the file downloaded through filecoaster. I even manually tyed the download link in but it doesn't seem to download
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My FF beta just started showing ads. I had bought the app, was whitelisted, and never saw an ad...within the last couple hours, did something change?

Anyone else see the same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiSin View Post
    My FF beta just started showing ads. I had bought the app, was whitelisted, and never saw an ad...within the last couple hours, did something change?

this happened to me like a week or 2 ago...i just switched to the paid app from the catalog and no issues
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by CruiSin View Post

Just delete the ads one and download the paid one again (if you did pay for it). This happened to me and I downloaded the one I paid for again and it worked w/o adds.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Version 0.1.42:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.42_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.42_all.ipk)
    * Ability to view/respond to messages in your Inbox
    * Ability to accept friend requests
    * Facebook chat
    * Ability to save photos and set as wallpaper
    * Upload photos from your phone to any specified album
    * Add captions to your own photos
    * 5 new themes added
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)

Don't we all wish........... Come back Grepper! please!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Version 0.1.42:
    [url]
    * Facebook chat
    * 5 new themes added
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email if you have paid and want to hide the ads)

for a second I thought this was for real...damn you volcom lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Version 0.1.42:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.42_all.ipk
    * Facebook chat
    * 5 new themes added
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)

HAHA I was all excited and then I saw you posted it Volcom. False advertising! LOL
    Sorry guys.. I felt we needed to see something new around here after the past couple months even if it wasn't fake. Maybe Grepper became hospitalized..
    I think Grepper wanted to make some money from the sales of the app, take the money and run. Also, he felt like he didn't have to work on it anymore because Palm had come out with a free Facebook app. It would be nice to see him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I think Grepper wanted to make some money from the sales of the app, take the money and run. Also, he felt like he didn't have to work on it anymore because Palm had come out with a free Facebook app. It would be nice to see him back.
    +1
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Curious if anyone that's looking for Grepper has actually tried e-mail (info@friendsflow.com)?
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Curious if anyone that's looking for Grepper has actually tried e-mail (info@friendsflow.com)?
    Yeah I have and I emailed his personal email as well and he didn't respond to either.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Yeah I have and I emailed his personal email as well and he didn't respond to either.
    maybe he take some vacations to Hawai w/that money he earned selling the app lol
    He clearly made plenty judging by the download count. Imagine how much more he'd make if he'd add the things on my fake list...
    He clearly made plenty judging by the download count. Imagine how much more he'd make if he'd add the things on my fake list...
    how much did he make minus palms cut?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I show 5,991 downloads @ $1.99 which would be $11,922.09 before Palm's cut which is what, 20%? Thats also with a 2.5 star rating. Imagine if he got more features and got those stars up higher, his sales would explode! But it seems he's made enough..
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I show 5,991 downloads @ $1.99 which would be $11,922.09 before Palm's cut which is what, 20%? Thats also with a 2.5 star rating. Imagine if he got more features and got those stars up higher, his sales would explode! But it seems he's made enough..
    Let's go with 20% (I'm too lazy to double check what Palm's cut is).

That's $9537.67 to Grepper.

Suppose that he spent 100 hours on it. That's $9.53/hour. While that's not bad pay (especially in these days of layoffs), it's not exactly stellar pay for a developer. While I can't be specific, I'll say that a developer with 3 years of experience is going to make 2-3 times that, with full benefits, in some markets.

And, while I don't know what it actually took him, my couple of decades of doing software estimation (part of my profession) suggests that we're more likely looking at 150, 200, or more hours. Which brings him under minimum wage...

...if this was a full time job.

Not trying to defend (or criticize) Grepper, but let's keep the money in perspective. I'd love to be able to make $9000 for my hobby, sure. But it's not much when you consider other factors.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I am pretty sure the split is 70%/30%, additionally the download count isn't necessarily a good meter to judge by. I, personally, represent probably 20 or so of those downloads... and that is assuming it doesn't count updating as downloading.

While I would love to see Grepper come back and extend his app, I am pretty confident he got a poor (versus his hopes at least, if not his expectations too) return on his investment.

Best of luck to him, whatever the case may be.
    And I'm sure we'd all be okay with that if he'd have the decency to tell us thats the way it is and that he's abandoning development but its not very cool of him to just disappear and never respond again with no update leaving us all hanging after he said he'd do several things before January that were requested.. It's a matter of being professional and he is not..