Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2357
    not sure of this is in the works but I would like for when you open FF thar it opens exactly where you closed it like on twee...like it doesn't open up at the top but exactly where you leave it and then you just scroll up...thanks!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Anything new in the pipeline Grepper? Don't forget about all your friends here.. Happy New Years..
    What exactly does the Wake Device option do? If I have it set to notify me of facebook notifications but I have Wake Device disabled, will I get a notification if my screen is off or only if I'm using the phone at the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    What exactly does the Wake Device option do? If I have it set to notify me of facebook notifications but I have Wake Device disabled, will I get a notification if my screen is off or only if I'm using the phone at the time?
    Wake devices makes it so the screen turns on when you get a notification. If it is disabled, you get the sound (if enabled) and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Wake devices makes it so the screen turns on when you get a notification. If it is disabled, you get the sound (if enabled) and that's it.
    Oh ok, so if I have "Wake Device" disabled, the notification would function the exact same as if I received an email, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Oh ok, so if I have "Wake Device" disabled, the notification would function the exact same as if I received an email, correct?
    Well I think when emails come through they wake the device. The notification will just appear at the bottom depending what you have enabled. If sound is enabled it will play a sound but not wake the device. If you have wake device and sound enabled it will act like an email alert.
    damn no updates in the longest time...it feels like forever
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hey Grepper, any progress on the inbox reading development? You've been real quiet for awhile..
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Grepper, any progress on the inbox reading development? You've been real quiet for awhile..
    I haven't had a chance yet. To be honest, since you can reply to inbox messages now via e-mail (I believe) I'm not sure there'd be much demand.
    Ah, thought you asked in here what to work on next and the consensus was a message inbox. Maybe I misunderstood. I know not of this feature you speak of and it would be useless to me as I turned off email messages once you got notifications working. I'm pretty sure alot of us would find reading inbox extremely useful! Thanks for your response.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Ah, thought you asked in here what to work on next and the consensus was a message inbox. Maybe I misunderstood. I know not of this feature you speak of and it would be useless to me as I turned off email messages once you got notifications working. I'm pretty sure alot of us would find reading inbox extremely useful! Thanks for your response.
    Facebook now allows you to respond, simply by responding to e-mails that they send you. No login is necessary.

That's not "inbox reading," although you've always been able to read your inbox via normal e-mail (meaning that you could use the Pre's e-mail app to read messages sent to whatever e-mail address you'd hooked to your FB account).
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Facebook now allows you to respond, simply by responding to e-mails that they send you. No login is necessary.

That's not "inbox reading," although you've always been able to read your inbox via normal e-mail (meaning that you could use the Pre's e-mail app to read messages sent to whatever e-mail address you'd hooked to your FB account).
    Right. My thought was that setting up a gmail account just to receive your facebook e-mail and use the pre's e-mail app would be a better experience than what I could provide because:

1. the e-mail app is better than friendsflow
    2. the API doesn't let you respond
    3. you could get the messages "pushed" to you (you'd get the notification of new mail as soon as facebook sent the message)
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Right. My thought was that setting up a gmail account just to receive your facebook e-mail and use the pre's e-mail app would be a better experience than what I could provide because:

1. the e-mail app is better than friendsflow
    2. the API doesn't let you respond
    3. you could get the messages "pushed" to you (you'd get the notification of new mail as soon as facebook sent the message)
    I agree...email responding is 100x better....hey grepper did you read the post before that I put couple weeks ago?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Are you saying that the email notification you receive from Facebook when someone has sent you a new message and it displays the message in the email, you can simply reply to that email and it'll respond to that user as a message to their Facebook? Or am I missing some other detail here? This a setting you have to enable?
    yes it is too neat and works great.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    It is a new feature, within the last week or so.
    Hmm, I just received one and tried to reply to the email and got the following:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

noreply@facebookmail.com

What am I doing wrong? There must be a setting I have to enable here..
    Volcom your message will be something similiar to the following;

Facebook to me
    show details Jan 16 (3 days ago)

xxxxxx posted something on your Wall and wrote:

"HEY STRANGER HOW YOU BEEN DOING"

To see your Wall or to write on xxxxx's Wall, follow the link below:

http://www.facebook.comxxxxxxxxxx.ph...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Show quoted text -
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Hmm, I just received one and tried to reply to the email and got the following:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

noreply@facebookmail.com

What am I doing wrong? There must be a setting I have to enable here..
    Check to see who the e-mail came from. When I look at the full headers for one of these notifications, it comes from notification+xxxxxxxx@facebookmail.com (I'm not sure if the x's are secret, so I've removed what was originally there). Further, the reply to is a more complicated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...y.facebook.com (in other words, it's a very long string to uniquely identify me and, I'm guessing, the specific message).

In some cases, I'm still getting ones that have a noreply@facebookmail.com reply-to. Not sure why.

It might be that wall and comment (i.e., public) notifications are better supported, but they are still not fully supporting inbox (i.e., private) messages?

In reviewing what I've received recently, some have the new reply-to and some don't. Hopefully, FB will get this all fixed soon.
    Check to see who the e-mail came from. When I look at the full headers for one of these notifications, it comes from notification+xxxxxxxx@facebookmail.com (I'm not sure if the x's are secret, so I've removed what was originally there). Further, the reply to is a more complicated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...y.facebook.com (in other words, it's a very long string to uniquely identify me and, I'm guessing, the specific message).

In some cases, I'm still getting ones that have a noreply@facebookmail.com reply-to. Not sure why.

It might be that wall and comment (i.e., public) notifications are better supported, but they are still not fully supporting inbox (i.e., private) messages?

In reviewing what I've received recently, some have the new reply-to and some don't. Hopefully, FB will get this all fixed soon.
    Ya you must be right, cause I just went through over 10 Facebook Message notification emails and every single one of them replies to that noreply@facebookmail.com address. Perhaps this is only implemented partially on some accounts for now..