Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2357
    Definitely make mention in your description of the submited apps all the great changes in the update. Annoying when people update their app and have the same description as before, but I've seen some that edit the description to say the great new features in this release and many will be looking for that! I say release it too..
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Hey Grepper, are you still thinking about changing the App icon at all?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Thanks for the great app. Question is there a way that you can create the capability to send somone a messege to their inbox?
    Nope. The next version _might_ allow _reading_ your inbox, but facebook doesn't give developers access to send messages.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Hey Grepper, are you still thinking about changing the App icon at all?
    I certainly don't spend any time thinking about it, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Nope. The next version _might_ allow _reading_ your inbox, but facebook doesn't give developers access to send messages.
    It's been a while since I used it, but I thought I could send messages with the WinMO Facebook app.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's been a while since I used it, but I thought I could send messages with the WinMO Facebook app.
    I believe that the WinMO and iPhone apps use undocumented API calls which are not available to non-fortune 100 companies.
    Grepper, any idea why the photos never load correctly anymore and take multiple tries to get up?
    You can use absolute paths. (I'm using standard HTML terms)
    I'll have to look up how to format the path to refer to it on device.

Yes, the webOS API. By "other apps" do you mean homebrew apps (which often do things not allowed by the API) or apps in the app catalog?

The API can "download" things, but they can only store them in a database or cookie, not as a new file.

Ultimately, being able to release any code to the app catalog is important to me, so I am not going to work on any features that would not be allowed.
    Totally understandable and was why I was looking for more info. Filecoaster can download a file using the URL to the file. Which I think will work well enough for this. Testing it using my theme, it downloads it to a downloads folder and internalz (file manager) cna be used to move the theme to the stylesheets folder. At this time in testing that method i get an error in internalz. This of course pending a change of the theme picker to be able to dynamically list the themes in the stylesheets directory. The option to load a theme from a URL could be retained as well for anyone who would prefer to do that. From the app catalog Backgrounds one of the newest apps added downloads backgrounds to the device for the screen background. Not sure if that sheds some possible light on a way to download themes from within friendsflow.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'll have to look up how to format the path to refer to it on device.

Totally understandable and was why I was looking for more info. Filecoaster can download a file using the URL to the file. Which I think will work well enough for this. Testing it using my theme, it downloads it to a downloads folder and internalz (file manager) cna be used to move the theme to the stylesheets folder. At this time in testing that method i get an error in internalz. This of course pending a change of the theme picker to be able to dynamically list the themes in the stylesheets directory. The option to load a theme from a URL could be retained as well for anyone who would prefer to do that. From the app catalog Backgrounds one of the newest apps added downloads backgrounds to the device for the screen background. Not sure if that sheds some possible light on a way to download themes from within friendsflow.
    The absolute paths will be changing in 1.3.5 (which fixes the app limit bug)

It occurs to me now, though, that I could load themes from the media partition. You could put the files in via usb and then I could look for files in some specific spot.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Greeper since other Apps are now also Avalible within the Europe Paid App-Catalogue why don't you do this for you App too? Those Adds are really annoying.
    Not only that they are not displayed correctly also they donítí make sense here (most Products in there are available only in the US).
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    The last I heard, paid apps were only available in the US.

In fact I received an e-mail from palm on the 2nd which said:
    "Again, this is applicable only to free applications as we don’t yet support paid applications internationally--something we are working very hard to roll out in 2010."

I will be releasing FriendsFlowFree internationally via the app catalogue as soon as Palm approves it. That'll have the ads though.

As far as the ads not making sense there, I'm considering switching back to admob (or possibly just for international users.)

I like the way ProjectWonderful works, but at least with the very low volume I'm getting with beta users I got more money with admob. And, as you say, ProjectWonderful ads are not localized or targeted in any way.

Actually, from what I've seen, almost all the ads that have been showing are web comics... those should be available to international users...
    The absolute paths will be changing in 1.3.5 (which fixes the app limit bug)

It occurs to me now, though, that I could load themes from the media partition. You could put the files in via usb and then I could look for files in some specific spot.
    I had not thought of this but it sounds like a most excellent idea. And along with the media partition users can download the themes directly from the device using file coaster if they want as well and move them easier with internals if they want since they won't have to poke around in the linux directories when moving the theme. Also I seen the friendsflowfree show up on the US app catalog the day before yesterday if I recall the date correctly. Also interesting to note the greysmall theme has been downloaded 1,168 times.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Also I seen the friendsflowfree show up on the US app catalog the day before yesterday if I recall the date correctly.
    Yeah, in case anyone here is curious, there are now 3 versions of friendsflow.

1. FriendsFlow (the paid app available via the app catalog for $1.99)
    2. FriendsFlowFree (a free ad supported app via the app catalog)
    3. FriendsFlowBeta (the development version. Anyone who has paid for FriendsFlow is entitled to use this version without ads. If you have FriendsFlowFree or have not downloaded anything from the palm catalog, then you can use this version with ads.)

Other than the ads, the code is currently _exactly_ the same between the three versions.

FWIW, I submitted FriendsFlow 1.0.1 and FriendsFlowFree 1.0.1 to palm at the same time. I guess they prioritized the free version so it could go out to the international market, but that was not my decision or my intent.
    Hey grepper, the app is working great! I have one small feature request. I notice on the main facebook website posts usually show where you are posting from (ie. posted via facebook from iphone or via facebook text message, etc..) is there a way to make our posts from friendsflow say via facebook or via Palm Pre)?
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/12/2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Sure be cool if we could save images from people's pics. So far, none of the 3 facebook clients can do that and I wonder why. Should be a simple implementation of the web browsers orange key + tap on image and given option to save.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    FYI
    Both FriendsFlow and FriendsFlowFree are up on the app catalog (although I can't see FriendsFlowFree on my pre for some reason...)

Right now FriendsFlow (1.0.1) and the latest beta are the same (except that FriendsFlow will register you so that you won't see ads in the beta and the beta will check to see if you have registered to determine whether you should see ads.)

I'm hoping to do more frequent (smaller) updates to the paid version, so I want to take on one feature at a time. What should I do next?
    I suppose the current sdk doesn't support Facebook chat?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I think next would be awesome to have the ability to respond to friend requests or read messages in our inbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I think next would be awesome to have the ability to respond to friend requests or read messages in our inbox.
    +1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    +1 on this request also.