Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2357
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.40:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.40_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.40_all.ipk)
    * Probably fixed polling for fb notifications (previously it would keep notifying you every time it checked until you opened FF)
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Version 0.1.40:
    [url]
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.40_all.ipk)
    * Probably fixed polling for fb notifications (previously it would keep notifying you every time it checked until you opened FF)
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    I got FF set to check for updates every 5 minutes and to alert me...last time it alerted me was an hr in a half ago...I just checked right now maunually and I had 5 notifications so don't know why its still not working...still think it has a mind of its own

Update: its 10:24 right now and I just opened FF since an hr ago and I got a notification from FF but no alert so I know its not working perfectly
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 12/02/2009 at 09:26 AM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Been working perfectly for me Grepper. Thanks for making it not vibrate everytime it polls if you haven't cleared an existing notification, that was annoying. @Maxima2k3, I've heard people on my Facebook complaining about not getting their notifications correctly lately, so this may also be a Facebook issue rather than FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Been working perfectly for me Grepper. Thanks for making it not vibrate everytime it polls if you haven't cleared an existing notification, that was annoying. @Maxima2k3, I've heard people on my Facebook complaining about not getting their notifications correctly lately, so this may also be a Facebook issue rather than FF.
    oh ok thanks for the heads up...I hope its just facebook because at least I'm still getting email notifications on time
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

StoneRyno, when we get to try out your new skin?
    I started a code project on google code: theme-friendsflow-palm-pre - Project Hosting on Google Code visit the download section to see the first version 0.1.0. Feel free to contribute your own themes to the project and modify the existing ones but please do follow the instructions for uploading updated versions so that changes can be tracked. Copying the link to the download will work for use within friendsflow's custom theme url box. You only need to download the CSS if you wish to modify the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Any chance of skins for the Friends and Profile views? As it is, it doesn't look like anything more than black text on a white screen. Not at all obvious that these are buttons.
    I want to theme this part and am looking into how to change it in such the way you descibe making it more obvious you can click for more on the stuff.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I like your theme... it's clean and simple. Only a few little things that I am sure you know about (like the comment and like icons). Cool work and thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.41:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.41_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.41_all.ipk)
    * I believe I have fixed polling (it has not stopped polling for me for a couple days.)
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I like your theme... it's clean and simple. Only a few little things that I am sure you know about (like the comment and like icons). Cool work and thanks for sharing.
    Yes I noticed that when using the URL, however when replacing the bluesimple.css code with the code of my theme it appears correctly. Not sure why the icons don't show when using the URL. But speaking of that I'm thinking that as more themes come out we will want to switch between them. While the URL thing was a good idea it will make switching between custom themes cumbersome since you would have to enter the URL of each theme you want to switch to. With that said it would be better if the themes were downloaded to directory that contains the preinstalled themes and then the theme page show a preview of each theme in the directory for us to pick the one we want to use at the time.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Yes I noticed that when using the URL, however when replacing the bluesimple.css code with the code of my theme it appears correctly. Not sure why the icons don't show when using the URL. But speaking of that I'm thinking that as more themes come out we will want to switch between them. While the URL thing was a good idea it will make switching between custom themes cumbersome since you would have to enter the URL of each theme you want to switch to. With that said it would be better if the themes were downloaded to directory that contains the preinstalled themes and then the theme page show a preview of each theme in the directory for us to pick the one we want to use at the time.
    if images are not showing up correctly it is probably due to relative URLs. The URLs are all relative to the css file, so you'd need to copy the images up to the server along side the css file. (which you are welcome to do)
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS
    the reason I didn't make it download:
    I can't save any files using the API

the reason I didn't make it use a centrally managed repository:
    I anticipated someone might make a theme which was questionable with regards to copyright (eg using NBA logos) and I wanted to _enable_ that while not being at all responsible for the actual infringement.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have the paid version and the beta is showing ads. Any idea what I can do to fix that?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    e-mail info@friendsflow.com with the number you see if you go to http://friendsflow.com/register/ and I will add you to the whitelist.

(I can no longer automatically detect that you have the paid version installed in webos 1.3.1 because they patched a security hole I was using to detect that another program was installed.)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks, grepper! Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else in the thread. Love the notifications. This is my favorite pre app!
    if images are not showing up correctly it is probably due to relative URLs. The URLs are all relative to the css file, so you'd need to copy the images up to the server along side the css file. (which you are welcome to do)
    Oh I see I thought the paths were relative to the apps path. Can the paths be hard coded or whatever you want to call it to use the ones loaded on the device with the app?

PS
    the reason I didn't make it download:
    I can't save any files using the API

the reason I didn't make it use a centrally managed repository:
    I anticipated someone might make a theme which was questionable with regards to copyright (eg using NBA logos) and I wanted to _enable_ that while not being at all responsible for the actual infringement.
    By API I assume you mean webOS API? I assumed since other apps could that it was in the API, or is that one of those we haven't made it an official thing so you aren't supposed to use it things like the customized media player app? Alternatively removing the download factor would it be possible to make the theme chooser see any themes loaded in the theme directory? There are other ways users can get the themes loaded, webos quick install being one off the top of my head. I think one of the on device installer apps allows downloading of any file type and would do what is needed to put the them n the folder. Or we can be creative and come up with something else to add to any existing methods of getting the themes in that folder.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Oh I see I thought the paths were relative to the apps path. Can the paths be hard coded or whatever you want to call it to use the ones loaded on the device with the app?
    You can use absolute paths. (I'm using standard HTML terms)

By API I assume you mean webOS API? I assumed since other apps could that it was in the API, or is that one of those we haven't made it an official thing so you aren't supposed to use it things like the customized media player app? Alternatively removing the download factor would it be possible to make the theme chooser see any themes loaded in the theme directory? There are other ways users can get the themes loaded, webos quick install being one off the top of my head. I think one of the on device installer apps allows downloading of any file type and would do what is needed to put the them n the folder. Or we can be creative and come up with something else to add to any existing methods of getting the themes in that folder.
    Yes, the webOS API. By "other apps" do you mean homebrew apps (which often do things not allowed by the API) or apps in the app catalog?

The API can "download" things, but they can only store them in a database or cookie, not as a new file.

Ultimately, being able to release any code to the app catalog is important to me, so I am not going to work on any features that would not be allowed.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    So, I feel like the current version is _clearly_ better than the released version. I think, therefore, that I should probably submit a version to palm soon so regular users can use the better version.

Are there any glaring problems you are experiencing that you think should be fixed first?
    So, I feel like the current version is _clearly_ better than the released version. I think, therefore, that I should probably submit a version to palm soon so regular users can use the better version.

Are there any glaring problems you are experiencing that you think should be fixed first?
    everything is good in my opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Thanks for the great app. Question is there a way that you can create the capability to send somone a messege to their inbox?

I've noticed one thing lately that is a bit annoying. Anytime I go to click on pics uploaded by someone in a status posting, the first time I click on one and it goes into fullscreen mode where it loads it and the caption, it never loads the first time. I always get just a blank white page although sometimes I do get the caption on that white page. Doesn't matter how long I leave it, loads nothing. Then, I backgesture back to the thumbnails in the posting details and click on it once more and it then loads instantly the 2nd time always. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I've noticed one thing lately that is a bit annoying. Anytime I go to click on pics uploaded by someone in a status posting, the first time I click on one and it goes into fullscreen mode where it loads it and the caption, it never loads the first time. I always get just a blank white page although sometimes I do get the caption on that white page. Doesn't matter how long I leave it, loads nothing. Then, I backgesture back to the thumbnails in the posting details and click on it once more and it then loads instantly the 2nd time always. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have it where it doesn't load anything and only shows the white screen and the show comments button. To get the picture to show up, I have to click the show comments twice button. I am still not really liking the way the comment thing is working anyways. When I have a picture that displays vertically, when I click the show the comments, I still can't read it. What if you just put the comment at the very top of the page and the full image will be just under it. The picture might be a little smaller if the caption is long but that will be the point of the show comments button. You enable captions it shows it at the top and disable is a full screen photo. Maybe incorporate the show comments button in to the comment bar somehow.

I think as is right now is still good to release to palm. The notifications running in the background is working really well with the new version and will definitely be a huge upgrade to the previous release through Palms App Catalog. Keep up the good work.

Uploading photos with captions would be a nice upgrade to FriendsFlow. I know that would eliminate the other apps for me.