Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2357
  1. #2141  
    Hey Grepper,
    How hard would it be to allow us to hit enter after typing a comment on a status rather than having to scroll down and hit the comment button afterwards? Would be a time saving feature for me..
    Have a great Thanksgiving man!
  2. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2142  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Grepper,
    How hard would it be to allow us to hit enter after typing a comment on a status rather than having to scroll down and hit the comment button afterwards? Would be a time saving feature for me..
    Have a great Thanksgiving man!
    Hmm. Origionally, I think I allowed you to submit multiline comments... I don't think I do that anymore, so I guess I can do that.
  3. #2143  
    Morning everyone,
    What is a multiline comment?
  4. #2144  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Hmm. Origionally, I think I allowed you to submit multiline comments... I don't think I do that anymore, so I guess I can do that.
    Ah I liked the multiline comment. If multiple people responded to a comment, I could comment back. Each comment having it's own line. I liked when enter did a new line!
  5. #2145  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Ah I liked the multiline comment. If multiple people responded to a comment, I could comment back. Each comment having it's own line. I liked when enter did a new line!
    Perhaps shift (Orange) button+Enter goes to a new line but just Enter itself submits? Would that work? I hardly ever do multiline comments..
    Last edited by volcom45; 11/26/2009 at 09:51 AM.
  6. #2146  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I should also note that since the last version, it no longer shows a quantity of notifications. It'll only show one, and then I might go into FF and find out I have 2-3. You once had this where it would show the quantity # on the far left of the notifications, maybe you eliminated that when trying to fix other notification issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I got rid of the number because it is hard to define what is a "new" message. And do I add the number of status updates and notifications if both are on?

    I'm trying to get things stable, and if I have to cut a few things that seems acceptable.
    I didn't notice the count thing causing problems. Perhaps a compromise of making it a setting we can turn it on or off. I also liked knowing how many new items there are since I last opened FF. Perhaps I can help debug the problem, I'm pretty good at debugging code if I know where to look and where not to look to see where the problem may be occurring.

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I have to wonder if half the issues are related to Facebook themself.. their reliability lately has been about as reliable as our economy.. haven't been pleased with them lately..
    I know the image thing is a facebook issue and not FF. I think they may actually have some sort of throttling thing to reduce load rather than improving their servers. I noticed on other platform 3rd party FB apps in the past the same issue with images. Also FB notifications sometime go awry and fail to reach the user outside of the facebook full site. Doesn't happen a lot but maybe a few times out of over 100 of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Perhaps shift (Orange) button+Enter goes to a new line but just Enter itself submits? Would that work? I hardly ever do multiline comments..
    Actually the reverse would be better orange+enter to post and enter for new line. I would end up accidentally posting a lot because I make long comments etc and break paragraphs or make lists or other stuff that do new lines in every comment or post etc I make. Right now I compose in memo app then copy paste to FF as a work around but it would be better if I could skip that step and compose with new lines in FF and not fear accidental post if enter submits rather than does new line.
  7. #2147  
    Grepper,

    The last few days I haven't been able to get photo albums to load within FriendsFlowBeta, v0.1.38. Any ideas?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  8. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2148  
    Version 0.1.39:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.39_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.39_all.ipk)
    * Probably fixed polling (it used to rarely stop polling due to a race condition)
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
  9. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2149  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Grepper,

    The last few days I haven't been able to get photo albums to load within FriendsFlowBeta, v0.1.38. Any ideas?
    No. It has been unreliable for me. Usually it works if I try again. I'll see if I can get anything from the debugging info.

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Grepper,
    How hard would it be to allow us to hit enter after typing a comment on a status rather than having to scroll down and hit the comment button afterwards? Would be a time saving feature for me..
    Have a great Thanksgiving man!
    I think this is a good idea, but I really want to nail down the bugs and then release.

    After this release I hope to start doing more frequent smaller releases. We'll see how that goes
  10. #2150  
    not sure if notifications is working anymore....i get email notifications from facebook but when i open FF...i got no notifications

    Update: not sure if it works when it wants to but i just got a notification while FF was closed so we'll c how it winds up
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 11/29/2009 at 04:16 PM.
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2151  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if notifications is working anymore....i get email notifications from facebook but when i open FF...i got no notifications

    Update: not sure if it works when it wants to but i just got a notification while FF was closed so we'll c how it winds up
    Which type of notifications are you saying doesn't work? Facebook notifications or "palm notifications" (in the palm dashboard)
  12. #2152  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Which type of notifications are you saying doesn't work? Facebook notifications or "palm notifications" (in the palm dashboard)
    facebook notifications..like when i make a status update and someone "liked" it i was able to get the notification on the bottom...but when u "like" a status update and ppl start commenting on it....i get emails but FF doesnt notify..is that normal?

    Update: so wut exactly is the difference btw the facebook notification and palm notifications? not sure if im confusing myself...
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  13. #2153  
    we'll I just opened FF and I have a notification but it didn't alert me...hmm
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2154  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    we'll I just opened FF and I have a notification but it didn't alert me...hmm
    1. Check your settings, do you have notifications for fb notifications on?
    2. How often are you set to poll?
    3. Do you have debugging on? (if not please turn it on) What number do you see if you go to http://friendsflow.com/register/ and log in to facebook?
  15. #2155  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    1. Check your settings, do you have notifications for fb notifications on?
    2. How often are you set to poll?
    3. Do you have debugging on? (if not please turn it on) What number do you see if you go to [url] and log in to facebook?
    1. Yes
    2. 5 minutes
    3. Yes/ Hello, 1100280054 !
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. grepper's Avatar
    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
       #2156  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    1. Yes
    2. 5 minutes
    3. Yes/ Hello, 1100280054 !
    Hmm..

    Well, your phone is checking in every 5 minutes and is set to do notifications for fb notifications.

    A few times you got a "syntax error", which I think means that the api call got interrupted (I'm guessing because you switched from the cell network to wifi or something) which isn't uncommon. That would explain it taking up to 10 minutes to notify you.

    Any idea how long it was since the notification was generated and when you noticed that you had it but hadn't been alerted?

    If anything, I think I have had a problem with getting the same alert about a notification more than once. (which I should look at.)
  17. #2157  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Hmm..

    Well, your phone is checking in every 5 minutes and is set to do notifications for fb notifications.

    A few times you got a "syntax error", which I think means that the api call got interrupted (I'm guessing because you switched from the cell network to wifi or something) which isn't uncommon. That would explain it taking up to 10 minutes to notify you.

    Any idea how long it was since the notification was generated and when you noticed that you had it but hadn't been alerted?

    If anything, I think I have had a problem with getting the same alert about a notification more than once. (which I should look at.)
    last time FF notified me of a notification was when I was home couple hrs...last time I checked FF and that I had a notification was just 5 minutes ago and another like half an hr ago
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. #2158  
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    A few times you got a "syntax error", which I think means that the api call got interrupted (I'm guessing because you switched from the cell network to wifi or something) which isn't uncommon. That would explain it taking up to 10 minutes to notify you.
    is it possible when the syntax error goes off and instead of notifying you to take up 10 minutes that it should be asap so it normally just takes 5 minutes? Because I know there's no api for faster than 5 minutes or w.e
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  19. #2159  
    StoneRyno, when we get to try out your new skin?
  20. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2160  
    Any chance of skins for the Friends and Profile views? As it is, it doesn't look like anything more than black text on a white screen. Not at all obvious that these are buttons.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions