Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2357
    Hey Grepper,
    How hard would it be to allow us to hit enter after typing a comment on a status rather than having to scroll down and hit the comment button afterwards? Would be a time saving feature for me..
    Have a great Thanksgiving man!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Grepper,
    How hard would it be to allow us to hit enter after typing a comment on a status rather than having to scroll down and hit the comment button afterwards? Would be a time saving feature for me..
    Hmm. Origionally, I think I allowed you to submit multiline comments... I don't think I do that anymore, so I guess I can do that.
    Morning everyone,
    What is a multiline comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Hmm. Origionally, I think I allowed you to submit multiline comments... I don't think I do that anymore, so I guess I can do that.
    Ah I liked the multiline comment. If multiple people responded to a comment, I could comment back. Each comment having it's own line. I liked when enter did a new line!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Ah I liked the multiline comment. If multiple people responded to a comment, I could comment back. Each comment having it's own line. I liked when enter did a new line!
    Perhaps shift (Orange) button+Enter goes to a new line but just Enter itself submits? Would that work? I hardly ever do multiline comments..
    Last edited by volcom45; 11/26/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    I should also note that since the last version, it no longer shows a quantity of notifications. It'll only show one, and then I might go into FF and find out I have 2-3. You once had this where it would show the quantity # on the far left of the notifications, maybe you eliminated that when trying to fix other notification issues.
    I got rid of the number because it is hard to define what is a "new" message. And do I add the number of status updates and notifications if both are on?

I'm trying to get things stable, and if I have to cut a few things that seems acceptable.
    I didn't notice the count thing causing problems. Perhaps a compromise of making it a setting we can turn it on or off. I also liked knowing how many new items there are since I last opened FF. Perhaps I can help debug the problem, I'm pretty good at debugging code if I know where to look and where not to look to see where the problem may be occurring.

I have to wonder if half the issues are related to Facebook themself.. their reliability lately has been about as reliable as our economy.. haven't been pleased with them lately..
    I know the image thing is a facebook issue and not FF. I think they may actually have some sort of throttling thing to reduce load rather than improving their servers. I noticed on other platform 3rd party FB apps in the past the same issue with images. Also FB notifications sometime go awry and fail to reach the user outside of the facebook full site. Doesn't happen a lot but maybe a few times out of over 100 of them.

Perhaps shift (Orange) button+Enter goes to a new line but just Enter itself submits? Would that work? I hardly ever do multiline comments..
    Actually the reverse would be better orange+enter to post and enter for new line. I would end up accidentally posting a lot because I make long comments etc and break paragraphs or make lists or other stuff that do new lines in every comment or post etc I make. Right now I compose in memo app then copy paste to FF as a work around but it would be better if I could skip that step and compose with new lines in FF and not fear accidental post if enter submits rather than does new line.
    Grepper,

The last few days I haven't been able to get photo albums to load within FriendsFlowBeta, v0.1.38. Any ideas?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.39:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.39_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.39_all.ipk)
    * Probably fixed polling (it used to rarely stop polling due to a race condition)
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Grepper,

The last few days I haven't been able to get photo albums to load within FriendsFlowBeta, v0.1.38. Any ideas?
    No. It has been unreliable for me. Usually it works if I try again. I'll see if I can get anything from the debugging info.

Hey Grepper,
    I think this is a good idea, but I really want to nail down the bugs and then release.

After this release I hope to start doing more frequent smaller releases. We'll see how that goes
    not sure if notifications is working anymore....i get email notifications from facebook but when i open FF...i got no notifications

Update: not sure if it works when it wants to but i just got a notification while FF was closed so we'll c how it winds up
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 11/29/2009 at 04:16 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if notifications is working anymore....i get email notifications from facebook but when i open FF...i got no notifications

Update: not sure if it works when it wants to but i just got a notification while FF was closed so we'll c how it winds up
    Which type of notifications are you saying doesn't work? Facebook notifications or "palm notifications" (in the palm dashboard)
    Which type of notifications are you saying doesn't work? Facebook notifications or "palm notifications" (in the palm dashboard)
    facebook notifications..like when i make a status update and someone "liked" it i was able to get the notification on the bottom...but when u "like" a status update and ppl start commenting on it....i get emails but FF doesnt notify..is that normal?

Update: so wut exactly is the difference btw the facebook notification and palm notifications? not sure if im confusing myself...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

we'll I just opened FF and I have a notification but it didn't alert me...hmm
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    we'll I just opened FF and I have a notification but it didn't alert me...hmm
    1. Check your settings, do you have notifications for fb notifications on?
    2. How often are you set to poll?
    3. Do you have debugging on? (if not please turn it on) What number do you see if you go to http://friendsflow.com/register/ and log in to facebook?
    1. Check your settings, do you have notifications for fb notifications on?
    2. How often are you set to poll?
    3. Do you have debugging on? (if not please turn it on) What number do you see if you go to [url] and log in to facebook?
    1. Yes
    2. 5 minutes
    3. Yes/ Hello, 1100280054 !
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    1. Yes
    2. 5 minutes
    3. Yes/ Hello, 1100280054 !
    Hmm..

Well, your phone is checking in every 5 minutes and is set to do notifications for fb notifications.

A few times you got a "syntax error", which I think means that the api call got interrupted (I'm guessing because you switched from the cell network to wifi or something) which isn't uncommon. That would explain it taking up to 10 minutes to notify you.

Any idea how long it was since the notification was generated and when you noticed that you had it but hadn't been alerted?

If anything, I think I have had a problem with getting the same alert about a notification more than once. (which I should look at.)
    Hmm..

Well, your phone is checking in every 5 minutes and is set to do notifications for fb notifications.

A few times you got a "syntax error", which I think means that the api call got interrupted (I'm guessing because you switched from the cell network to wifi or something) which isn't uncommon. That would explain it taking up to 10 minutes to notify you.

Any idea how long it was since the notification was generated and when you noticed that you had it but hadn't been alerted?

If anything, I think I have had a problem with getting the same alert about a notification more than once. (which I should look at.)
    last time FF notified me of a notification was when I was home couple hrs...last time I checked FF and that I had a notification was just 5 minutes ago and another like half an hr ago
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is it possible when the syntax error goes off and instead of notifying you to take up 10 minutes that it should be asap so it normally just takes 5 minutes? Because I know there's no api for faster than 5 minutes or w.e
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

StoneRyno, when we get to try out your new skin?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Any chance of skins for the Friends and Profile views? As it is, it doesn't look like anything more than black text on a white screen. Not at all obvious that these are buttons.