Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2357
    I updated the theme I'm working on to also reduce the font size for text entry and hint text for those text entry parts that use the mojo framework to style the text. I want to reduce the height of the status and wall post text boxes that appear at the top of their respective scenes however I'm not having luck with that. I have only partly been able to get it working. The problem I ran into is something exterior to FF sets something behind the textfield to 52px height so changing the height of the textfield changes the height of the text field but leaves white space between it and the first item in the feed. I still want to format the other stuff I previously mention I haven't done yet.

I do have a question about how theme works: If I upload the theme to a URL for people to use and I update the file at the URL do the changes automatically get passed to those who have already set FF to use the theme?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I do have a question about how theme works: If I upload the theme to a URL for people to use and I update the file at the URL do the changes automatically get passed to those who have already set FF to use the theme?
    Yes, eventually. It seems to cache it pretty aggressively, but I'd guess that it would update within a few hours.

I think it would only load it wh you start the app though.
    you should post it up, beta testing
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    +1
    By the way Grepper, nice to see that the official Palm Facebook App suffers the same issue (as does Palmbook) of the profile pics not always loading on all status updates.. Must be Facebooks crappy API..
    my pre hasn't "woken" up or been gettung notifications while ff is closed...even thought I have it set to on and wake up to on...so I don't know what's going on
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    +1
    I'm thinking about it I just don't know where to put it that I can replace kind of like a repository. Also it may change frequently as I find more things to change and adjust. But right now it is pretty solid for a beta release. I think I need help figuring out how to change the remaining things to what I want them to look like.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    my pre hasn't "woken" up or been gettung notifications while ff is closed...even thought I have it set to on and wake up to on...so I don't know what's going on
    I'm not sure if it is related:

I've noticed that my pre will keep checking facebook for a few hours and then stop. I'm looking into it, but obviously it is difficult to debug since it takes a couple hours to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I'm not sure if it is related:

I've noticed that my pre will keep checking facebook for a few hours and then stop. I'm looking into it, but obviously it is difficult to debug since it takes a couple hours to fail.
    I hope you find a solution
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Ya, didn't get a single notification yesterday, and opened FF manually today and had 10 notifications.. something isn't quite right..
    Ya, didn't get a single notification yesterday, and opened FF manually today and had 10 notifications.. something isn't quite right..
    i knew i wasnt the only one
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

my notif are working fine... thanks Grepper!
    I should also note that since the last version, it no longer shows a quantity of notifications. It'll only show one, and then I might go into FF and find out I have 2-3. You once had this where it would show the quantity # on the far left of the notifications, maybe you eliminated that when trying to fix other notification issues.
    I am not receiving notifications either.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Mine are working as expected, thanks.
    I have to wonder if half the issues are related to Facebook themself.. their reliability lately has been about as reliable as our economy.. haven't been pleased with them lately..
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I should also note that since the last version, it no longer shows a quantity of notifications. It'll only show one, and then I might go into FF and find out I have 2-3. You once had this where it would show the quantity # on the far left of the notifications, maybe you eliminated that when trying to fix other notification issues.
    I got rid of the number because it is hard to define what is a "new" message. And do I add the number of status updates and notifications if both are on?

I'm trying to get things stable, and if I have to cut a few things that seems acceptable.

I have to wonder if half the issues are related to Facebook themself.. their reliability lately has been about as reliable as our economy.. haven't been pleased with them lately..
    I'm fairly sure this is either due to a bug in my code or a bug in palm's code. I successfully tell WebOS to check again in 5 minutes but never get to the point of actually checking again -- so either palm isn't actually calling my function or something is bugging out _before _ I start trying to interact with facebook.

I just added some debugging code to see if palm is calling my code at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I'm fairly sure this is either due to a bug in my code or a bug in palm's code. I successfully tell WebOS to check again in 5 minutes but never get to the point of actually checking again -- so either palm isn't actually calling my function or something is bugging out _before _ I start trying to interact with facebook.

I just added some debugging code to see if palm is calling my code at all.
    It could very well be the same bug that was introduced in webOS 1.3.1 which has Pop/IMAP/Push email notifications not working correctly and regularly not notifying at all of certain new emails. There was an article written up on the front page about this yesterday and supposedly Palm is working on a fix soon for it. Wonder if it is the same prob you are running into.
    i dont know wut it is....but many times i do get notifications and sometimes i dont....and when i open ff i got like 5-10 notifications...its weird...it works when it wants to
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

notifications are working for me beautifully, still want that skin ryno.