Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2357
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is anyone able to view any walls with the new version? Maybe facebook is having issues but when I click on Wall on any friend or even my own profile, it loads a blank page of nothing with the "click here for 30 more" and if you click there, it loads nothing again..
    I get the same problem.
    not sure if its just me but when FF is closed I'm not getting notified of facebook notifications and yes I'm sure they're turned on
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if its just me but when FF is closed I'm not getting notified of facebook notifications and yes I'm sure they're turned on
    They are working just fine for me, have gotten several since the latest install. However, I did get one that I clearly cleared from FF and 5 minutes later the same one popped up again, but that seems pretty rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Has anyone created a custom css that uses a smaller font? Or where is the best place to pull the current css to try and create a custom theme?
    I have an alpha theme I have been working on. I'll post a screenshot soon. I want to style images in feed items for apps, new photos, etc. Also can't figure out what to change to reduce the font size for the notification scene notification title. I figured out how to reduce the sizes of all other fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    I have considered creating a (paid) service which would have my server poll facebook for updates on behalf of your phone, probably every minute or so. When it noticed a change it would send your phone a message via the Palm Messaging Service. (So, from your phone's perspective it would "push" updates.)

I would need to charge for this monthly or yearly because it would be an ongoing cost to me to maintain a server.

What would you guys pay to have push facebook? I'm guessing I could do it for $15/year or so.
    How would this compare to say checking more frequently that 5 minutes interval on the device? I guess I'm not sure I personally see a benefit to that over the current 5 minutes or even more frequent check on device. I typically have some sort of friend activity happening between every 5 and 15 minutes with occasional several activities occurring in quick succession so to me it is easier to just know every 15 minutes what activity transpired. I guess if I were in your shoes I'd be inclined to ask the question will enough people want the service to merit the time and cost needed to build it.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post

How would this compare to say checking more frequently that 5 minutes interval on the device? I guess I'm not sure I personally see a benefit to that over the current 5 minutes or even more frequent check on device. I typically have some sort of friend activity happening between every 5 and 15 minutes with occasional several activities occurring in quick succession so to me it is easier to just know every 15 minutes what activity transpired. I guess if I were in your shoes I'd be inclined to ask the question will enough people want the service to merit the time and cost needed to build it.
    First, I can't check more than every 5 minutes (Palm's api doesn't let me)

It would dramatically improve battery life since your device wouldn't wake up and connect to the internet every 5 minutes to check for updates. (Your device would be woken up from like it had received a text message)

I agree that there's a big question of whether it is worth the time. With the current number of users, it probably isn't.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    They are working just fine for me, have gotten several since the latest install. However, I did get one that I clearly cleared from FF and 5 minutes later the same one popped up again, but that seems pretty rare.
    well I'm guessing it happens rarily bc this morning I wake up with a notification so I guess it works but I'm thinking sometimes it fails to notify but I don't know
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

also been noticing that I just (sometimes) get notifications and sometimes don't...hmmmm
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I made some more progress on the theme. I now have the notification scene font sized smaller. Now that I have learned how the sections in the CSS are named it was easy to locate what div the text was a part of and then add a segment in the CSS for it. I have no idea how to format the feed items pics (apps and photos mainly) though. I looked at palms facebook app for reverence but I can't seem to locate code that reduces the number of pics to one nor formats the images to be uniform. It doesn't appear to be in the CSS and I don't think it was in the JSJSJS $controller$ $for$ $the$ $feed$ $scene$ $either$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $clueless$ $how$ $they$ $formatted$ $them$. $In$ $FF$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $me$ $the$ $pics$ $are$ $part$ $of$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $other$ $elements$ $maybe$ $streamdescription$ $because$ $no$ $matter$ $which$ $element$ $I$ $try$ $and$ $set$ $the$ $display$ $property$ $to$ $inline$ $the$ $text$ $doesn$'$t$ $wrap$ $to$ $the$ $right$ $of$ $the$ $pics$ $in$ $the$ $feed$ $items$.
    I made some more progress on the theme. I now have the notification scene font sized smaller. Now that I have learned how the sections in the CSS are named it was easy to locate what div the text was a part of and then add a segment in the CSS for it. I have no idea how to format the feed items pics (apps and photos mainly) though. I looked at palms facebook app for reverence but I can't seem to locate code that reduces the number of pics to one nor formats the images to be uniform. It doesn't appear to be in the CSS and I don't think it was in the JSJSJS $controller$ $for$ $the$ $feed$ $scene$ $either$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $clueless$ $how$ $they$ $formatted$ $them$. $In$ $FF$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $me$ $the$ $pics$ $are$ $part$ $of$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $other$ $elements$ $maybe$ $streamdescription$ $because$ $no$ $matter$ $which$ $element$ $I$ $try$ $and$ $set$ $the$ $display$ $property$ $to$ $inline$ $the$ $text$ $doesn$'$t$ $wrap$ $to$ $the$ $right$ $of$ $the$ $pics$ $in$ $the$ $feed$ $items$.
    How about a teaser screenshot?
    It looks like the user walls are working again. I was able to post a comment on a friends wall even
    I use these font sizes with everything I have figured out how to modify the font size for. I want to improve the look of viewing a profile, but I have to figure out what I need to change to do what I'm thinking of doing. Other than that, the images in the feed, removing the loading feed in the shell of a feed item, changing the spinner to the refresh button being the spinner instead of the current I can't think of anything visually I want to change. I figured out how to remove the loading the feed in the shell of a feed item thing at startup, it is as simple as commenting out the few lines of code in the JSJSJS $that$ $shows$ $that$ $during$ $loading$. $I$ $accidentally$ $posted$ $without$ $the$ $screenshots$ $at$ $first$ $and$ $deleted$ $the$ $post$ $so$ $here$'$s$ $hoping$ $this$ $time$ $it$ $will$ $post$ $if$ $I$ $add$ $this$ $last$ $sentence$.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I use these font sizes with everything I have figured out how to modify the font size for. I want to improve the look of viewing a profile, but I have to figure out what I need to change to do what I'm thinking of doing. Other than that, the images in the feed, removing the loading feed in the shell of a feed item, changing the spinner to the refresh button being the spinner instead of the current I can't think of anything visually I want to change. I figured out how to remove the loading the feed in the shell of a feed item thing at startup, it is as simple as commenting out the few lines of code in the JSJSJS $that$ $shows$ $that$ $during$ $loading$. $I$ $accidentally$ $posted$ $without$ $the$ $screenshots$ $at$ $first$ $and$ $deleted$ $the$ $post$ $so$ $here$'$s$ $hoping$ $this$ $time$ $it$ $will$ $post$ $if$ $I$ $add$ $this$ $last$ $sentence$.
    Looks great man! Look forward to trying it out!
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I really can't wait for that. It is beautiful.
    I have discovered something that explains why I couldn't figure out how to change the styling for the name of people commenting on something, it is styled in the JSJSJS $for$ $the$ $viewpost$ $scene$. $This$ $isn$'$t$ $a$ $huge$ $deal$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $alter$ $the$ $JS$ $itself$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $styling$ $desired$ $however$ $I$'$m$ $thinking$ $perhaps$ $if$ $there$ $was$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $something$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $specified$ $in$ $the$ $CSS$ $then$ $I$ $won$'$t$ $need$ $to$ $touch$ $the$ $JS$. $i$ $notice$ $other$ $aspects$ $coded$ $in$ $the$ $JS$ $have$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $be$ $styled$ $by$ $the$ $CSS$ $but$ $I$ $think$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $so$ $for$ $the$ $names$ $of$ $those$ $who$ $comment$ $it$ $has$ $to$ $be$ $altered$ $so$ $that$ $it$ $is$ $an$ $element$ $to$ $be$ $styled$ $by$ $the$ $CSS$. $I$'$m$ $not$ $certain$ $on$ $that$ $point$ $but$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $appear$ $to$ $be$ $similar$ $to$ $other$ $things$ $i$ $have$ $learned$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $CSS$.

Grepper is there any reason why stuff that normally appears in the html file for the a scene is being handled within the JSJSJS? $I$ $know$ $some$ $of$ $it$ $involves$ $if$ $statements$, $is$ $that$ $because$ $somehow$ $the$ $look$ $of$ $the$ $scene$ $gets$ $messed$ $up$ $if$ $the$ $stuff$ $is$ $coded$ $in$ $the$ $html$ $and$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $data$ $to$ $input$ $into$ $the$ $elements$?
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Grepper is there any reason why stuff that normally appears in the html file for the a scene is being handled within the JSJSJS? $I$ $know$ $some$ $of$ $it$ $involves$ $if$ $statements$, $is$ $that$ $because$ $somehow$ $the$ $look$ $of$ $the$ $scene$ $gets$ $messed$ $up$ $if$ $the$ $stuff$ $is$ $coded$ $in$ $the$ $html$ $and$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $data$ $to$ $input$ $into$ $the$ $elements$?
    Generally not, I'll take a look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Generally not, I'll take a look at it.
    Cool beans, let me know. I figured before I messed around with anything in the JSJSJS $files$ $I$'$d$ $check$ $with$ $you$ $about$ $those$ $particular$ $things$. $I$'$m$ $assuming$ $at$ $this$ $point$ $the$ $rest$ $of$ $the$ $stuff$ $I$ $want$ $to$ $theme$ $is$ $somehow$ $styled$ $outside$ $of$ $the$ $CSS$. $I$'$m$ $going$ $to$ $keep$ $digging$ $and$ $see$ $what$ $else$ $I$ $can$ $get$ $themed$ $in$ $the$ $mean$ $time$. $Also$ $let$ $me$ $know$ $if$ $you$ $need$ $me$ $to$ $point$ $you$ $to$ $any$ $lines$ $specifically$.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.38:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.38_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.38_all.ipk)
    * I believe it will only alert you once per post/notification even if you ignore the palm alert.
    * I believe everything which has a vertical height designed to be full screen should now work on pixi
    * Fixed some issues with the css (inline styles)
    * Fixed the color on the photo captions
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    So far, no double notifications with the new version. Thanks Grepper!
    I do want to get my hands on that new skin already, bring the nice body to the already awesome engine in this vehicle.