Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2357
    good to know... Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I think real time notifications would be a lot on your phone. It will probably drain the battery because it would constantly have to keep checking the server. It sounds like Facebook has a limit to how many times you can call to the server as well.
    Hey grepper, I just noticed that the timer interavals are still not working right. I have it set to 1 hour but it still seems to be checking every 5 minutes or so.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    hey Grepper of some of you guys if I want to get fb notif in real time and not every 5 min I need to set in manual?.

pd: Grepper the notif are working nice!
    I think real time notifications would be a lot on your phone. It will probably drain the battery because it would constantly have to keep checking the server. It sounds like Facebook has a limit to how many times you can call to the server as well.
    I have considered creating a (paid) service which would have my server poll facebook for updates on behalf of your phone, probably every minute or so. When it noticed a change it would send your phone a message via the Palm Messaging Service. (So, from your phone's perspective it would "push" updates.)

I would need to charge for this monthly or yearly because it would be an ongoing cost to me to maintain a server.

What would you guys pay to have push facebook? I'm guessing I could do it for $15/year or so.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hey grepper, I just noticed that the timer interavals are still not working right. I have it set to 1 hour but it still seems to be checking every 5 minutes or so.
    Ah. Right. I should look at that. (Time consuming to test, obviously)
    As mentioned earlier, it would be nice to be able to silence the notification ding without having to put phone into vibrate mode. I thought this used to be an option in preferences, maybe I'm wrong.
    +1 I think this version is good to put in the catalog. The only thing would be the Loading.. of posts. It seems to be random where some will load and others won't.
    +1, loading of posts is still spotty... not sure if it's due to facebook, api changes, or something with the app itself. Hell it could even be something with 1.31. Keep us updated on this, i'll be honest this is the ONE feature that sells me; background notifications are awesome but i'm anal about battery and prefer to manually check. Being able to see a notification, click it, reply and repeat that whole process makes me feel like i'm on the actual site maybe even faster than the actual site!

Thanks for the great app

PS. Whoever was developing the skin for this app, hurry up!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    As mentioned earlier, it would be nice to be able to silence the notification ding without having to put phone into vibrate mode. I thought this used to be an option in preferences, maybe I'm wrong.
    No. It never was. It'll be in the next version.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    +1 I think this version is good to put in the catalog. The only thing would be the Loading.. of posts. It seems to be random where some will load and others won't.
    A little bit of spit and polish will go a long ways too.. especially when viewing someone's profile.
    -m
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    What would you guys pay to have push facebook? I'm guessing I could do it for $15/year or so.
    15$ a year would be ok for me.
    even though the whitebar is gone whcih is gr8...its still placed a little bit higher than other notification bars...heres an example...but still im thankful u took the white bar out...this fix would make it 100% complete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.35:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.35_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.35_all.ipk)
    * Fixed several bugs relating to facebook notifications.
    * Fixed polling intervals
    * Can now select whether to have sound with notification. (Otherwise it just vibrates)
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    Version 0.1.35:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.35_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.35_all.ipk)
    * Fixed several bugs relating to facebook notifications.
    * Fixed polling intervals
    * Can now select whether to have sound with notification. (Otherwise it just vibrates)
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    Thanks for all the work you've done this week Grepper. I am much happier about the app now with the fixes/changes you've made this week! Appreciate what you've done for us even though you've been so busy!
    Thanks for all the work you've done this week Grepper. I am much happier about the app now with the fixes/changes you've made this week! Appreciate what you've done for us even though you've been so busy!
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    OK, I _think_ I've fixed all the BIG bugs.

What's left to fix?

What's left to fix?
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...63#post2052081
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

damn I just realize that the scrolling is much faster...not sure if its just me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Uh oh, I installed the new .35 version from FileCoaster and now when I get notifications, they are a complete whiteness. I can't see a thing, and clicking on them isn't bringing up FF either. Perhaps I'll uninstall and reinstall fresh. Notifications fine for the rest of you?

What's left to fix?
    One thing in the dark theme, when you click on a persons wall, the writing that always shows up below their name is a black font and hard to read. That seems to be the only overlooked thing in the dark theme from when you fixed it last.
    Hmmm... White bar notification is happening for me as well.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Uh oh, I installed the new .35 version from FileCoaster and now when I get notifications, they are a complete whiteness. I can't see a thing, and clicking on them isn't bringing up FF either. Perhaps I'll uninstall and reinstall fresh. Notifications fine for the rest of you?
    oops. fixed. go download 0.1.36