Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2357
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    friendsflow notifications aren't working for me again, when you click on a notification all it does is take you to a page that says loading; it never actually arrives at the post or status update itself.

i'm talking about the fb notifications you view through the notification tab at the bottom of the app btw, not phone notifications.
    In Greppers defense, I think that Facebook itself has been having issues with notifications the last couple days. I had it show none in FF the other day when I knew I had 6, and so I logged into facebook.com and it had an explanation mark over notifications saying they were down and they were being worked on..
    just right now I was able to receive a notification while FF was closed...I opened up FF and it gave me the error of too many requests and I couldn't see the notification...just said loading...

Update: I just received the same notification right now and it showed me the notification but when I clicked on it it just said loading... And nothing
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I think not being able to load notifications is more often tham not due to api changes, which facebook decides is smart to do extremely often.....
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I think not being able to load notifications is more often tham not due to api changes, which facebook decides is smart to do extremely often.....
    To be fair, facebook doesn't give me an api to get to the post from the notification. I take that from the url in the notification, which facebook never said they wouldn't change.

The next release should send a bunch more debugging info, which should help me figure out what's going on.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    In Greppers defense, I think that Facebook itself has been having issues with notifications the last couple days. I had it show none in FF the other day when I knew I had 6, and so I logged into facebook.com and it had an explanation mark over notifications saying they were down and they were being worked on..
    I've been seeing that explanation mark inside a yield sign off and on all week myself. App seems to be working ok for me, but facebook itself hasn't been as good as it usually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    To be fair, facebook doesn't give me an api to get to the post from the notification. I take that from the url in the notification, which facebook never said they wouldn't change.

The next release should send a bunch more debugging info, which should help me figure out what's going on.
    Ah, interesting, ok well everything else is working pretty well besides a few notification bugs etc. Looking forward to that one guy releasing his skin for friends flow (i do still feel the UI is lacking). But i'm glad you're back to making updates; i'm telling you man this app fills the facebook void. You need to get it out there, relatively the palm one is a pos.
    palm one is a pos.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Something else I noticed, it doesn't look like the timer intervals are working. I set it to 1 hour and it still goes off every 5 minutes.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.34:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.34_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.34_all.ipk)
    * Fixed multiple notification bug.
    * May have fixed white bar in the dashboard notification
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS, the multiple notification bug should probably fix the application limit bug too. For some reason every time palm was responding to the timer it was calling my function 5 times. (Now it only uses the first one.)
    Ok Grepper keep up the great work, the notifications seem to be working for me now but I have another question is there something u can do in preferences that you can choose no sound or sound for notifications somewhat like Tweed or Twee do as I don't want to have to put my phone on vibrate to not hear the notification sound at times because then I won't hear my ringer. I don't think it should be too hard as other apps have the option for alert, but no sound kinda like email. thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    grepper

I have noticed a few things about this new version. #1 every once and awhile I will get a notification and it will repeat itself quiet a few times and then a message comes up saying Application Limit has been Reached. If I then try to hit refresh in FriendsFlow it tells me invalid signature. I am assuming it is because the alert goes off so many times that the phone kills it. I had to reboot my phone in order to get it to work again.
    Okay here is what I'm running into quite regularly with the notifications. While they work perfectly with notifying you of new true facebook notifications, they are hard to get to go away. They sometimes popup 2-3 times after you've clicked them away the first time.
    I experienced these notifications echoes but not the error messages. Sometimes I will get an echo of the notification after FF launches in response to tapping the notification. I'll report back if I continue to observe them in the new version.

What exactly is supposed to happen when you click on the notification itself? Seems to do something different almost every time. It likes to repeat itself and it likes to not go away when you click on it and bring up those error messages. In theory, should it be taking us to the notification page itself? And once you are in Friendsflow, should it clear itself automatically? Or do you still have to tap on it? Is there a difference between tapping on the notificatoin description vs. the far left section of how many notications you have?
    When I click on notifications it launches FF and loads the feed just like when I open FF by tapping the icon in the launcher. I have never tried tapping on the number portion of the notification vs the text portion so I don't know if it matters. Would there be something specific in mind for doing something different between the two? I'm pretty sure every time I click on a notification it is a status update that is on top so I don't have any reason to expect anything else than to go to the feed when FF opens so I can read the latest info in the feed. If I have FB notifications to look at I then click on the button to read them and clear them when I'm done. On rare occasion I'll get something stuck on loading but I think that is just a network connection issue. I get timeout errors here and there so I figure occasionally the connection fails from network traffic or something.
    So far, so good with the new version and notifications Grepper!
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Version 0.1.34:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.1.34_all.ipk
    (http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflowbeta_0.1.34_all.ipk)
    * Fixed multiple notification bug.
    * May have fixed white bar in the dashboard notification
    * NEW! If you do not have the paid version, you will see an add at the top of the page
    * (Email info@friendsflow.com if you have paid and want to hide the ads)
    The white bar is gone! The notifications seem to be working like a charm now!
    Has anyone created a custom css that uses a smaller font? Or where is the best place to pull the current css to try and create a custom theme?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Grepper, its perfect! The white bar is gone, no more errors or double notifications! Working exactly as it should. You've got to get this release out onto the App Catalog! Thanks for fixing the issues!
    hey Grepper of some of you guys if I want to get fb notif in real time and not every 5 min I need to set in manual?.

pd: Grepper the notif are working nice!

Grepper, its perfect! The white bar is gone, no more errors or double notifications! Working exactly as it should. You've got to get this release out onto the App Catalog! Thanks for fixing the issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Has anyone created a custom css that uses a smaller font? Or where is the best place to pull the current css to try and create a custom theme?
    www.friendsflow.com/simpledark.css
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    hey Grepper of some of you guys if I want to get fb notif in real time and not every 5 min I need to set in manual?.

pd: Grepper the notif are working nice!
    I think real time notifications would be a lot on your phone. It will probably drain the battery because it would constantly have to keep checking the server. It sounds like Facebook has a limit to how many times you can call to the server as well.
    +1 I think this version is good to put in the catalog. The only thing would be the Loading.. of posts. It seems to be random where some will load and others won't.