Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2357
    grepper, I still am not getting Notifications with your latest version when the app is closed. I have all the settings on in preferences and nothing shows up on phone to notify me. When I go into app I can see at bottom it says 2 Notifications but nothing came up while the app was closed. I thought you had fixed this is anyone else still not getting notifications. I really like ur app as well but would really like to be able to get notifications working to go and purchase it from the app store. Thanks
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    grepper, I still am not getting Notifications with your latest version when the app is closed. I have all the settings on in preferences and nothing shows up on phone to notify me. When I go into app I can see at bottom it says 2 Notifications but nothing came up while the app was closed. I thought you had fixed this is anyone else still not getting notifications. I really like ur app as well but would really like to be able to get notifications working to go and purchase it from the app store. Thanks
    Do you get notifications when the app is running?

(What you are trying should work, I'm just trying to narrow down what's wrong)
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    grepper

I have noticed a few things about this new version. #1 every once and awhile I will get a notification and it will repeat itself quiet a few times and then a message comes up saying Application Limit has been Reached. If I then try to hit refresh in FriendsFlow it tells me invalid signature. I am assuming it is because the alert goes off so many times that the phone kills it. I had to reboot my phone in order to get it to work again.
    I'll take a look at that.

In the notifications page when someone Likes your status, you click status and it takes you to the template like it is going to display a post but it just says loading and it never loads.
    That too.

The infamous white bar on the alerts is still there.
    Yeah. That's more difficult to get right than it should be. I'll look again tonight probably.

ohh and you need to update the first post on the forum. It still shows .32 is the current version
    I was wondering if people still looked at that...
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Do you get notifications when the app is running?

(What you are trying should work, I'm just trying to narrow down what's wrong)
    I get notification when app is running but now when its closed...and I get errors when I get notifications
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I don't get any fb notifications ... :'(
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I know this has been posted about before, but my computer will not let me search the forum, or even go back in browser history for some reason (stupid computers). I'm also currently doctoring my pre, so i can't search there either.

I saw that i can get the paid version and also run the beta version. What do i need to do to get that to work properly? I'll be buying the paid version in about a half hour once my phone is all done getting doctored and restored all my data.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
    I know this has been posted about before, but my computer will not let me search the forum, or even go back in browser history for some reason (stupid computers). I'm also currently doctoring my pre, so i can't search there either.

I saw that i can get the paid version and also run the beta version. What do i need to do to get that to work properly? I'll be buying the paid version in about a half hour once my phone is all done getting doctored and restored all my data.
    Well, now you _can_ run the beta without the paid version, but you'll see ads.

If you want to hide the ads, please forward the receipt from palm to info@friendsflow.com and tell me your facebook username. I will add you to the whitelist.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Awesome, thank you.
    What exactly is supposed to happen when you click on the notification itself? Seems to do something different almost every time. It likes to repeat itself and it likes to not go away when you click on it and bring up those error messages. In theory, should it be taking us to the notification page itself? And once you are in Friendsflow, should it clear itself automatically? Or do you still have to tap on it? Is there a difference between tapping on the notificatoin description vs. the far left section of how many notications you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    What exactly is supposed to happen when you click on the notification itself? Seems to do something different almost every time. It likes to repeat itself and it likes to not go away when you click on it and bring up those error messages. In theory, should it be taking us to the notification page itself? And once you are in Friendsflow, should it clear itself automatically? Or do you still have to tap on it? Is there a difference between tapping on the notificatoin description vs. the far left section of how many notications you have?

Hmmm when I get a notification, I click on it and it automatically launches FriendsFlow and loads the Newsfeed. It does the same thing every time for me.

I was wondering if people still looked at that...
    I use it every time a new version comes out. I use that to get the link to copy in to filecoaster. It's easier than finding the post in the pages.
    Hmmm when I get a notification, I click on it and it automatically launches FriendsFlow and loads the Newsfeed. It does the same thing every time for me.
    that sucks...not for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Tapping the notification (which might be about a new status update) will open friendsflow. That's it. If you already have it open it won't change to the right screen or anything.

If you don't have friendsflow open, that's what it should do.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    that sucks...not for me
    When are you tapping it? There are actually two things that show up,
    the first is the "Banner notification" (which is only one line tall.) I don't think that will open anything.
    the second is the "Dashboard notification" which is two lines high (when you open the dashboard to see all the notifications) and clicking on that should bring friendsflow to the front.
    Tapping the notification (which might be about a new status update) will open friendsflow. That's it. If you already have it open it won't change to the right screen or anything.

If you don't have friendsflow open, that's what it should do.

When are you tapping it? There are actually two things that show up,
    the first is the "Banner notification" (which is only one line tall.) I don't think that will open anything.
    the second is the "Dashboard notification" which is two lines high (when you open the dashboard to see all the notifications) and clicking on that should bring friendsflow to the front.
    well the banner notification comes up as null-null for me....anyways it worked yesterday(meaning) notifying me when closed.....just not today even opened it and closed it today and no notifications what so ever but when i do receive notifications and click on it it just says loading....
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well the banner notification comes up as null-null for me....anyways it works yesterday but not today even opened it and closed it today and no notifications what so ever
    Are you running 0.1.33?
    There's definitely some bugs with opening the notifications. It hardly ever works as you say it should with opening up Friendsflow and going away. It seems usually for me to open up Friendsflow, and then popup again, and when you click it the 2nd time, it gives that max reached error or invalid signature popup box. Once you click on those, you won't see any notifications at all if you go into your notifications part of FF. You have to close out, then open FF again and then you get the same notification popup. I've sometimes had to go through this circle 2-3 times before I finally get rid of that notification popup..
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    There's definitely some bugs with opening the notifications. It hardly ever works as you say it should with opening up Friendsflow and going away. It seems usually for me to open up Friendsflow, and then popup again, and when you click it the 2nd time, it gives that max reached error or invalid signature popup box. Once you click on those, you won't see any notifications at all if you go into your notifications part of FF. You have to close out, then open FF again and then you get the same notification popup. I've sometimes had to go through this circle 2-3 times before I finally get rid of that notification popup..
    OK, I have a plan to fix the "too many notifications" issue. I'll take a look at that tonight.
    Are you running 0.1.33?
    yeah I got .33 and I just got a notification just now for the first time without having it open...so I clicked on it...it opened FF and I clicked on notifications and I had 2...even thought the notification said I had one
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

updates today?
    friendsflow notifications aren't working for me again, when you click on a notification all it does is take you to a page that says loading; it never actually arrives at the post or status update itself.

i'm talking about the fb notifications you view through the notification tab at the bottom of the app btw, not phone notifications.