Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Grepper your app is sick... but be a little more understanding. Alot of people just get excited and expect alot out of you because they identify you with somebody who gets updates out fast and thus must be a very capable coder.

However, everybody needs to understand he is just one man, and he wants to get this to be an ACTUAL APP eventually. He's not just doing this for us.

One more time for sh*ts and giggles though, full blown notifications and i'll be 100% happy with the app
    Perhaps I should not have taken the bait. I worded my reply just like his comment... did you think it was too critical?

In any case, I intend to add many if not all of these features eventually, but as dukenukem said, I want to release this app. I am seriously considering what the app "needs" and will not add anything beyond that at this point until everything else works well. I decided the app "needs" notifications. Photo tagging and posting on walls are 1.1 features.

I will admit to being one man. I want to release quality software. That requires that I stop adding features at some point. I'll start again later.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PS. I have made some progress on the notifications, but I'll hold off until tomorrow to release another version because I'm in the middle of implementing something.
    I like this app. Most useful, thanks for your hard work.

As another poster mentioned, I'll 2nd the vote for an updated application icon (small issue though).

Since you seem to update very frequently, perhaps an "friendfeed application update is available" notification via the app when you release an updated version?

My only other suggestions would be:

"# comment and # people like this" text to be slightly larger.

and

if it is at all possible, once opening a friend's post (the screen with the comment and like buttons), can the profile photos of other commenters be added next to their comments?

All in all, a great start to a very promising application.
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    Perhaps I should not have taken the bait. I worded my reply just like his comment... did you think it was too critical?

In any case, I intend to add many if not all of these features eventually, but as dukenukem said, I want to release this app. I am seriously considering what the app "needs" and will not add anything beyond that at this point until everything else works well. I decided the app "needs" notifications. Photo tagging and posting on walls are 1.1 features.

I will admit to being one man. I want to release quality software. That requires that I stop adding features at some point. I'll start again later.
    Good deal, and understand I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm in pre med... and i excel in organic chemistry. Once my friends found out they expected me to tell them everything and when i couldn't help them they became frustrated and frankly @$$holes. That's very close to how i see the situation with some people asking requests of you. You have delivered alot of their wants so they naturally get greedy

But really man, awesome job. When this does hit the prime time i'll be more than happy to purchase it through the app store. Thanks for all the work you're putting into this.

*Oh btw. Bug report i think. Occasionally when i post a comment on a status, naturally with the keyboard up, and hit comment and simultaneously close the keyboard it will take me to a screen saying the app is running. Seems like an error or bug screen. But otherwise it's coming along nicely.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Great App! A work in progress!
    Thanks for your hard work!
    ToyMan
    would love to be able to Chat with friends Online
    Quote Originally Posted by dcohen2009 View Post
    would love to be able to Chat with friends Online
    Yea this has been discussed dude
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.14:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.14_all.ipk
    http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.14_all.ipk
    Changes:
    * Notifications are mostly working. Just needs a bit of cosmetic work, and the ability to mark them as read, and palm notification of new facebook notifications
    * Added dates and pictures to comments
    Grepper you are like the energizer bunny and keeps going and going. Keep up the great work, you have already made me use facebook more than I ever have. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I love this app! Great work! I started using the real facebook on my Pre because of the lack of comment view on x.facebook. now i have everything i need. Keep up the great work!
    Love the app. Can we get a better-looking icon? Perhaps an "f" similar to the Facebook "f", but two of them overlapping each other, as there are 2 "f"s in the app name?
    Something broke for me, can't comment on Status, see notifications... frankly can't do anything basically.
    False alarm, if your app stops allowing you to do things. Uninstall, reboot, access your own facebook through desktop remove the applications settings and then reinstall and start process from scratch. Worked like a charm.
    Hi All I'm new to all of this so please be forgiving.
    I like this App a lot and want to help so I made this Icon, if you want to use the icon but would like changes let me know.

I'm not sure how to post it so that grepper can use it but here it is.
    Friends_Flow_icon on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The actual file is a .png

Great App, in case I didn't say that already, and thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    False alarm, if your app stops allowing you to do things. Uninstall, reboot, access your own facebook through desktop remove the applications settings and then reinstall and start process from scratch. Worked like a charm.
    Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. I guess I have to try those steps to make it work again.
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. I guess I have to try those steps to make it work again.
    You shouldn't have to do that. It must be a bug.

What exactly isn't working? Do statuses come up when you load the app but then stop working later?
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    You shouldn't have to do that. It must be a bug.

What exactly isn't working? Do statuses come up when you load the app but then stop working later?
    alright for me it loaded the statuses...but if i click it doesnt go anywhere so i cant do anything else either
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    alright for me it loaded the statuses...but if i click it doesnt go anywhere so i cant do anything else either
    Same thing is happening to me. I tried using the uninstall method posted above but still a no go

*EDIT* I was able to get it working. I uninstalled, rebooted, installed, and rebooted again
    Last edited by as4life; 08/23/2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Been testing w/ 0.14, and a couple of suggestions/feedback -

1) what is the 'more' button, is it loading more of the feed at the bottom?
    2) the notificaitons are getting chopped off for me (ends with ...) - and clicking on it just brings up the place to comment/like. Also most of the notifications are in regards to another item (i.e. John commented on this photo) but clicking on it doesn't show the original item. Maybe have the option to go to the orgiinal item which clicking on a notification?
    3) can't figure out a way to click a persons name and get their profile. maybe have clicking on the person's picture loadup their profile in the x.facebook.com page? Right now clicking on the person's picture does'nt do anything.
    4) many of the pictures shown are small thumbnails. Clicking on them just takes me to the comment/like screen. Maybe display them full-width when I click on them? (with scrolling down for comment/like?)
    5) a quick menu to see my wall would be helpful. (mayube just go to x.facebook.com for now?
    6) The preference for turning off notifications doesn't seem to stick..

also in comment to livewirevoodoo - I like the small comment/likes display. Perhaps make it a preference? Or how about changing the background color if it has a comment/like attached to it?
    -m
    BTW - *great* app, and I love the speed at which you're improving things!
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.15:
    http://friendsflow.com/com.friendsfl...0.0.15_all.ipk
    http : / / friendsflow.com/com.friendsflow.friendsflow_0.0.15_all.ipk
    Changes:
    * Fixed major bug which caused stream to only show people who you have notifications about
    * added link from notifications about old posts to mobile site.

Updates should be in the homebrew gallery shortly after posting here.