Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    First off this is an amazing app.. I've been playin since the first build and it has gotten better and better..

There is one error I have been getting lately however.. When I am playing puzzle mode the "end" button doesn't want to pop out for me..

So right now I'm stuck on level 3 with 5 or so unfinished words and no way to get to the next level..

Have the rules changed or am I just missing something?
    Well I just did the quit game and started a new game and now it is appearing..

I dunno if it just happens once and a while or what.. Sorry for the irrelevant post..
    New update looks pretty sharp. Keep up the hard work. Very fun game.
    New update looks pretty sharp. Keep up the hard work. Very fun game.
  5.    #165  
    The done button flies out after 15 seconds of inactivity.
    The new build is working quite well, I like what you're doing with it. I think with just a little more polish, this can stand up with the big boys Thanks for the hard work!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Excellent update! I like that the word lengths are separated by different colors.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Possible you can make it all align right instead of based on letter length.

--- ----
    --- ----
    ---- ----
    instead of that
    --- ----
    --- ----
    ---- ----

where the words all start on same line even if there is a double space between them or whatever to amke it align right.
    Excellent game. Both my wife and I will be buying this one when it hits the App Catalog!
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Possible you can make it all align right instead of based on letter length.

--- ----
    --- ----
    ---- ----
    instead of that
    --- ----
    --- ----
    ---- ----

where the words all start on same line even if there is a double space between them or whatever to amke it align right.
    The display positioning is not complete. This is in with the Planned updates:

Planned
    • Better positioning of word list, along with more comprehensive words in games
    • Cleaning up High Score Functionality
    • Menus with About and How to Play
    I waited until I have the production word / game list before coding this, because some of the initial testing games don't fit in with what I am doing. They layout will be much cleaner and centered vertically and horizontally.

I'm also building in partial support for reducing the size to work with the Pixi screen. I don't think that will be fully implemented for the first version in the app catalog, but will be finished when we have a Pixi emulator or I get my hands on a real Pixi.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I do like the new look! This game is very addicting!
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The done button flies out after 15 seconds of inactivity.
    Can the interval be made longer or better yet, made an option for off or on? Also can the position of the button be raised up higher, I have end a lot of game by hitting the button in error. In any case the game is great, I have been playing it since the original version.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    Can the interval be made longer or better yet, made an option for off or on? Also can the position of the button be raised up higher, I have end a lot of game by hitting the button in error. In any case the game is great, I have been playing it since the original version.
    I don't think making it longer will work, as I'm sure some people play by selecting letters until they are done. Then they want to end (and selecting letters has been resetting the button).

I think moving it up is a good solution. I'll add that to the list.

It told me.
    The game with the letters PARSES is not acknowleding that I won the game. I solved it completely but i'm technically still playing. I'm on my pre and can't upload a screenshot.

I play this app all the time.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    The game with the letters PARSES is not acknowleding that I won the game. I solved it completely but i'm technically still playing. I'm on my pre and can't upload a screenshot.

My wife also got this, I'm looking into if I broke game complete detect somewhere.

It told me.
    Partner and I both have a Pre with Word Whirl loaded on each. On mine, the game board moves up and down, I can swipe it up and down like when you minimize an app. It doesn't totally reduce or go away like when you close an app, it's like the board is a top layer that moves over a blank white bottom layer.

His is stable - with no movement at all. It's driving me crazy, because any slight slide to my touch moves the board, making me miss the intended button. Checked the thread and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

Tried deleting and reinstalling, but still ended up with the same problem. Not sure what's going on, but it's keeping my experience with the game from being rated perfect!
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatl View Post
    Partner and I both have a Pre with Word Whirl loaded on each. On mine, the game board moves up and down, I can swipe it up and down like when you minimize an app. It doesn't totally reduce or go away like when you close an app, it's like the board is a top layer that moves over a blank white bottom layer.

His is stable - with no movement at all. It's driving me crazy, because any slight slide to my touch moves the board, making me miss the intended button. Checked the thread and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

Tried deleting and reinstalling, but still ended up with the same problem. Not sure what's going on, but it's keeping my experience with the game from being rated perfect!
    I'm not following exactly what is going on by the description. Is there any way you can get a screengrab of this? Orange + Sym + P. They will be available in screencapture folder with the Pre connected in USB move.

Do you have any system hacks installed?

It told me.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Oh wow, this update is great. I hate to admit that the color scheme and layout so greatly affects the playability, I'd like to think it was based solely on the rules and strategy. But honestly, that yellow and black had to go, this new setup is VERY easy to read and also doesn't give me a headache. I also like the addition of new words, which I know is a work in process. But for the time being, this is the best iteration yet I've seen of this very fun game, thank you so much for sharing it.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post

I found the bug on this one. I bet that you started that game from a save. The variable that counts the words played isn't updated from a save, so it never equals the word count of the level and you haven't "won". I'll get that fixed for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Oh wow, this update is great. I hate to admit that the color scheme and layout so greatly affects the playability, I'd like to think it was based solely on the rules and strategy. But honestly, that yellow and black had to go, this new setup is VERY easy to read and also doesn't give me a headache. I also like the addition of new words, which I know is a work in process. But for the time being, this is the best iteration yet I've seen of this very fun game, thank you so much for sharing it.
    I agree. It is amazing how much time you can burn in finding a visual look that works. It is also amazing how tedious it is to edit images pixel by pixel.

I was toggling between and old and new screenshot and felt good. I haven't liked versions 1 and 2, they were just place holders to get the code done. I'm really happy with the look now.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i hate this game. it has ruined my life. all i do is play it! arrrrggghhhh... need a lock out for this game

seriously it's the only game i play and probably one of the real reasons i still haven't sold my pre.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast