Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    I really like this game, it is the most played game I have on the Pre. I have to say though that I do not like the orange boxes as well as the dashed lines. And also do not like how the columns seemed jumbled up. It seems they should be spaced out and more orderly. I know it is a small gripe but I think if it is more pleasing to the eye it will seem more polished to people (future customers) and sell better. Please don't get the wrong impression as a REALLY like this game. Thanks!

Edit: I think I like the boxed over dashed lines ok, but maybe they should be a lighter color and columns spaced out more and more orderly. (each column should be lined up on the left from top to bottom)
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I really like this game, it is the most played game I have on the Pre. I have to say though that I do not like the orange boxes as well as the dashed lines. And also do not like how the columns seemed jumbled up. It seems they should be spaced out and more orderly. I know it is a small gripe but I think if it is more pleasing to the eye it will seem more polished to people (future customers) and sell better. Please don't get the wrong impression as a REALLY like this game. Thanks!

Edit: I think I like the boxed over dashed lines ok, but maybe they should be a lighter color and columns spaced out more and more orderly. (each column should be lined up on the left from top to bottom)
    This is in the works. I'm going with 4 different nicer styles for boxes. Alignment of the boxes is also being worked on. I'm thinking about slightly different colors for the different length words, with the option to set all tiles to any one of the 4 colors of tiles available.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    This is in the works. I'm going with 4 different nicer styles for boxes. Alignment of the boxes is also being worked on. I'm thinking about slightly different colors for the different length words, with the option to set all tiles to any one of the 4 colors of tiles available.
    This sounds awesome! Thanks for the prompt reply! Are you going to be charging for this in the app catalog. I am debating donating or waiting to buy?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Been waiting for the high scores, thanks.
  5.    #145  
    This sounds awesome! Thanks for the prompt reply! Are you going to be charging for this in the app catalog. I am debating donating or waiting to buy?
    The plan is to get it in the Pay beta version of the Catalog. I'll have a free Lite version with 10-12 games for people to try out and the full version for a couple bucks. I'd wait for the donation and use it to purchase from the Catalog in a couple weeks.

It told me.
    The plan is to get it in the Pay beta version of the Catalog. I'll have a free Lite version with 10-12 games for people to try out and the full version for a couple bucks. I'd wait for the donation and use it to purchase from the Catalog in a couple weeks.
    Thanks for the information!
    one of the best apps out... thanks
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    2 things: if i update the app, do i have to wait again for the games to be generated?, and secondly, i had a bug, where one of the letter balls decided to go behind one of the other letter balls, and the only way to get it back was to whirl the letters a few times.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    2 things: if i update the app, do i have to wait again for the games to be generated?, and secondly, i had a bug, where one of the letter balls decided to go behind one of the other letter balls, and the only way to get it back was to whirl the letters a few times.
    No, as long as you don't delete the version before upgrading.

Were you playing via touch screen when the buttons went weird?

I've seen this a few times and I think this is due to the Pre freezing for a second and the button getting double tapped. I'm working on disabling input to the letter for a short time after a tap is detected. ("Debouncing" essentially.)

It told me.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you know my wife was playing today and pressed the center button to pause and when she came back it showed as the level was lost and when she tried to hit new game nothing would work. This also happened to my MIL who is very very addicted to this game! My wife said this has happened once before too. Just wanted to let you know!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    No, as long as you don't delete the version before upgrading.

Were you playing via touch screen when the buttons went weird?

I've seen this a few times and I think this is due to the Pre freezing for a second and the button getting double tapped. I'm working on disabling input to the letter for a short time after a tap is detected. ("Debouncing" essentially.)
    I am pretty sure i was using the touch screen when it happened.

I really do like this game, so keep up the good work!
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Just wanted to let you know my wife was playing today and pressed the center button to pause and when she came back it showed as the level was lost and when she tried to hit new game nothing would work. This also happened to my MIL who is very very addicted to this game! My wife said this has happened once before too. Just wanted to let you know!
    If you could find out if they were playing puzzle or timed mode, that would be great. Thanks.

It told me.
    If you could find out if they were playing puzzle or timed mode, that would be great. Thanks.
    This has happened to me on countless games as well. Always on a timed game, and always when i minimize the game for an extended period of time. If the game is paused for less than five minutes, I don't recall this happeneing.

Puzzle games have never had an issue.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    well, I don't know what happened, but I was doing good, and all of the sudden, all of the letters went away. I was using the keyboard, and I believe it occurred after i tried to type in "amess" then pressed enter, and it looked like this:

I applaud that this game will actually save progress. I do not understand why most game apps and non game apps for that matter are not taking avantage of saving. I don't always have time to finish a game and don't need it lying in background in mean time.

So as a developer do you know why most people are not including save features? And also would it be possible to auto save without having to back gesture? It is easy to accidentally close app without thinking about back gesturing first.

Thanks for the great game
  16.    #156  
    I've been able to create this timing error, but I'm still tracking down the cause. I think both of these are related.

I've finished the new tiles and they look much better. Still working on positioning code.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/07/2009 at 10:47 PM.

It told me.
  17.    #157  
    I applaud that this game will actually save progress. I do not understand why most game apps and non game apps for that matter are not taking avantage of saving. I don't always have time to finish a game and don't need it lying in background in mean time.

So as a developer do you know why most people are not including save features? And also would it be possible to auto save without having to back gesture? It is easy to accidentally close app without thinking about back gesturing first.

Thanks for the great game
    I'm guessing it is just the work involved with save and restore. If your objects aren't build right, it is difficult. This is part of what my rewrite covered, fixing modeling issues that made save/restore harder.

Using the Depot is slow. I already need the DB, so saving to that isn't to bad of an issue. I don't have that much data, so creating a JSON string to throw into a TEXT field works well. Saving is quite a bit more difficult on Dope Wars, and I have learned that some of what I did on that is way wrong as far as WebOS style. (Rewriting that will come when this is in the App Catalog.)

If you minimize the card and wait a couple seconds, it will save. I haven't found a way of blocking app close until the save is complete. I worry that doing a save every little while would impact game animations.

I'm saving at the end of each level, with back gestures, and as soon as the pause screen loads. If you don't double up swipe (minimize and immediate close), your state should get saved.

It told me.
    I love the game, and the new features! I wish the letter spaces for the words already entered was the original colors! I think it looks cleaner with the different shade of grey vs the yellow!
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreHero View Post
    I love the game, and the new features! I wish the letter spaces for the words already entered was the original colors! I think it looks cleaner with the different shade of grey vs the yellow!
    I finished up new tiles that look really nice. I couldn't see the monospaced font in a professional looking program. Just looks too much like a terminal app. I think you'll like the new tiles.

As soon as I get the positioning code done, I'll get that out there (hopefully tonight). Then I'll be about feature complete for the first version to hit the App Catalog, except for the new word list and loading DB scene and a few small tasks.

It told me.
  20.    #160  
    I wasn't going to release tonight, as I have much more work to do. However, it seems stable, before I tear into the word list display code, so I pushed the latest development build out there.

This is quite a few changes to GUI. I finally like the view of this (once I get positioning finished). I'd like to allow configurable tile colors (rainbow or pick one for all), but I don't know if I'll have that in before I have to submit to the app catalog. It atleast looks halfway decent now.

Finalizing the new game/word lists and this will go along with display, as I have selected games with certain bounds as to number of words for each word length.

I've fixed a few issues that hopefully was causing the Timed game issues. Please let me know if you see more problems.

Version 0.5.0

New Features
    • Letter Tiles Updated
    • Letter Targets with Background flash for Good and Bad
    • Removed score animation
    • Word Tiles Updated
    • Backend stability updates

It told me.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast