Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Still fun!

I would prefer bar for time left, no need for actual seconds imo
    New redesign will have both.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by terryman View Post
    Showed my wife this game and now I can't pry my Pre away her.

Thanks a lot !!!
    My condolences. Hope you had fun with your Pre while it lasted. Any plans of getting another one?

It told me.
    Great Game. Playing it so much that I came across a slight bug. When completing all words for a level, the next level does not display letters [bottom part of the screen]. It doesn't happen every time. It also happened when two levels were completed in a row. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    My condolences. Hope you had fun with your Pre while it lasted. Any plans of getting another one?
    My gf is obsessed, I'm going to have to her her a Pre just because she likes this game so much. Any time we have downtime, she says, give me your phone. I downloaded Text Twist for her on her Touch Pro and she doesn't like it. She says it sucks compared to the one on my Pre. The other night, right before bed and after playing for like an hour, she whispers, "Why am I spelling words in my head?" Great work!
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcciccarelli View Post
    Great Game. Playing it so much that I came across a slight bug. When completing all words for a level, the next level does not display letters [bottom part of the screen]. It doesn't happen every time. It also happened when two levels were completed in a row. Thanks
    I've reworked the level load, so this doesn't happen in the new version. I hope to have it out this weekend.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Love this game. My favorite one. I have the latest version and opened it this morning at 8am to play. The coffee pot went off, and I put it down. Got caught up with other stuff. 3.5 hours later, it's still full screen after I open the phone, but that battery went from 100% to 43%. Saw this comment earlier in the thread, thought I'd mention it again just in case it's a solvable issue. Thank you!
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Love this game. My favorite one. I have the latest version and opened it this morning at 8am to play. The coffee pot went off, and I put it down. Got caught up with other stuff. 3.5 hours later, it's still full screen after I open the phone, but that battery went from 100% to 43%. Saw this comment earlier in the thread, thought I'd mention it again just in case it's a solvable issue. Thank you!
    There is no activity in the program if you are doing nothing, so I don't see how this could happen. Was your phone left in a strong signal area? Because if it was an ify cell signal, I have had that happen on my Pre with nothing open.

Part of the rewrite was just cleaning things up. So if Word Whirl was the cause, hopefully it addressed any issue. I just don't see how it could, because it would be paused with the phone display off.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I am in a strong signal area. I will test it again after a fresh reboot and follow up. I also have wifi on and a strong signal there too.

Tested yesterday after a clean reboot of the phone and did not see the battery drain. After using the phone all day, calls, browser, etc, tested it again and saw no additional battery drain. I am guessing that some app I ran previous to the first experience is causing the phone to eat battery when ever I leave a program open. I am going to slowly delete the other apps and see if I can find the culprit. Sorry for the false alarm, but I certainly appreciate your comments and suggestions.
    Last edited by dvdmax; 08/30/2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: update to testing
    Great app, alot of fun but i had a problem today. I came across the Letters that allowed me to spell (garden, anger, range etc etc,) but wouldnt allow me to use "danger". Danger is a word and with those letters i should of been able to use it. You might want to add that to the list because its not on it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    OK...I've lost my wife to her Pre and this game. She is way, way addicted to this game. Thank you for this game. Now that she is involved in this game, I can actually work on mods to my phone. (yes I play it to!!) Seriously, great game, we love it...keep it up. I will be donating in the morning!!
  11.    #111  
    I'm almost ready to release a version into the Gallery, but I want to do a little Alpha testing on it, because it is a major rewrite. So I'm posting a link to where you can download it to install. I don't want this out there to just click install with FileCoaster, just yet.

Here is the current version:

[REMOVED]

Game saves should work. Let me know what you think of the new UI. I have the shell for High Scores there, but didn't get a chance to finish it. That will come in the next few days.

After I get some feedback from others, I'll put it up in the Gallery so everyone can get it easily.

This still includes the old database, so all the words that were missing before still are. I will be working on filtering and ranking the new games I've generated, once High Score is implemented and a stable version is out there.

Thanks All.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/03/2009 at 01:10 AM.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Looks great. My only problem with it is that there is a blank part of the screen.

At first thought I thought you could just center justify all of the words (though I don't know what the width requirements are for the wordzone due to varrying wordlist sizes)

But you could actually do a lot with that space, not sure if you had anything in mind. But you could lose the redline timebar and have a much more elaborate one in that blankspot.

Just a suggestion.

Also, sometimes when I start a game, I can type out a good 5 words in a blink of an eye, and the new notification that you got a word flashes accross the screen, it can become laggy or kind of cluttered looking when you're getting a streak. But I'll have to play a few more games with a reboot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #113  
    I haven't finished the word positioning code yet. I am writing code on my PC to figure out positioning and packing to get as many words as I can on the screen. This becomes more important with the bigger word list used to generate games.

The plan is to center the words if space is available.

If others see lagging in the word annimations, let me know. I might have to change back to non-flipping tiles.
  14.    #114  
    Well, I haven't been able to find any show stoppers with this release, so I just updated the Gallery. Let the flood gates flow.

Enjoy. Let me know what you think. I'll probably have a high scores update with a few other tweaks and bug fixes in a couple days. Then I'll be concentrating on the new word lists.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Selecting letters in 0.3.0 is a little laggier than the previous version. I like the animations and the layout looks great in the new version but if it's at the expense of responsiveness I'd rather have it the old way.

Any thought into adding more game play? Instead of having to get the long word how about a point threshold to get to the next round?
    Sacherjj -

Thanks so much for this game, it's totally replaced sudoku as my time-waster of choice!

I like the new layout and the animations. But one thing that gets a little annoying/distracting (to me, at least), is when that little done button pops up after there's been no action on the keyboard for a bit. Perhaps there can be a longer "inactive" time before the button appears?

Awesome game, thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    Selecting letters in 0.3.0 is a little laggier than the previous version. I like the animations and the layout looks great in the new version but if it's at the expense of responsiveness I'd rather have it the old way.

Any thought into adding more game play? Instead of having to get the long word how about a point threshold to get to the next round?
    I agree I love this game but I have no need for fancy animations that slow down gameplay.

I would rather have the old version back where it was smooth and didnt look as pretty.

Great game though, my favorite on the pre by FAR
    Last edited by jsimon9633; 09/01/2009 at 09:52 AM.
    I am messing with the new version now, I like the animations but they do hinder performance a bit. I think that if there was a way to keep the fancy animations and cut corners elsewhere to make it run a little smoother, you should try and keep the upgraded interface. Too many Pre applications are just plain backgrounds and text with no spark whatsoever. Is the Pre really incapable of running games that have a bit of flare to them? Why should we have to settle for barebones presentation just so it will run properly?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thanks for the game. Super addicting.

Jason
  20.    #120  
    I'm not bothering with any background until I get the app into its final setup, as far as animation and GUI. It would just be wasted effort if I need to change it. I wanted to get this out there and verify what I expected, regarding the performance of the letter animation.

I have a slightly simpler animation idea that will work better, I think. It is pretty easy to trade in and out different versions with the new structure of the app. The monospace font just plain sucked, so we aren't going back there. However, I think something in between will probably work.

It told me.