Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 407
  1. #81  
    Love this game!!!
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by royedixon View Post
    There is an Official Tournament and Club Word List known as TWL2. It has all real words if the program could be changed to use it.

    Here is a link to a free download of the TWL2: members.shaw.ca/lampwords/dicts.html
    Thanks for this. I'll use it to rebuild my game list, once I get the main features complete.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Maybe one way to alleviate confusion regarding how to pass the level (aside from asking players to read the instructions ) is to somehow highlight the 6-letter word section.
    I think the changes I'll be releasing soon will help with this. When an all letter word is accepted, it will be highlighted in green. If you don't get any and fail the level, the full length words highlight in red. All the other words just go bold. I think this will get the point across after a game or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    If this hasn't been suggested before: I think something that just comes naturally to me would be a shake to whirl feature. I know you're an advocate of fast paced gameplay and obviously pressing a simple button would be more efficient but it just feels like shaking should work.
    I had planned to add this once the standard functionality complete.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  3. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #83  
    I didn't read all the threads, but, my wife is HIGHLY addicted to your game!! She loves it. Is there anyway to have a give up button on there for the words that are harder to figure out. After you hit "give up" the answers will show? That way you see the answers that you couldn't get so you can say, "oh ya, duh!" I love the idea of shaking for whirl! Thank you on a great game!!
  4. #84  
    i tried this game once and i can tell already it is gonna be addicting. I am predicting this is going to be one of the most popular games whenit comes out on the app catalog.

    Flashback to TEXT TWIST Palm OS days!!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I didn't read all the threads, but, my wife is HIGHLY addicted to your game!! She loves it. Is there anyway to have a give up button on there for the words that are harder to figure out. After you hit "give up" the answers will show? That way you see the answers that you couldn't get so you can say, "oh ya, duh!" I love the idea of shaking for whirl! Thank you on a great game!!
    In the Puzzle mode, there is a Done button that ends the level if you don't get all the words. Make sure you have updated to the latest. It is a little clunky in placement right now, but have been fixed for the next release.

    I'm working on game saves right now. I have the pause screen pretty much working.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  6. quietkvj's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #86  
    I love this game. I have text twist on my Classic App, but it's stretched and looks weird. I will definitely be using your app from now on. My only request is that you put a timer on the screen. Not knowing how much time i have left kills me.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by quietkvj View Post
    I love this game. I have text twist on my Classic App, but it's stretched and looks weird. I will definitely be using your app from now on. My only request is that you put a timer on the screen. Not knowing how much time i have left kills me.
    So you want the actual minutes and seconds, rather than just the bar indicating time left?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  8. #88  
    Ok, love this game. Quite addicting. My only wish is that the letter "buttons" on the screen were a bit bigger. Us Fat Finger users find the small "letter buttons" small.

    Actually I wish the pre actually had a larger screen. It's not just your app. I've hung up on phone calls instead of pressing MUTE quite a few times. LOL
  9. #89  
    Hey, I hope you don't mind, but there are a couple words that I noticed are missing:

    west (this one surprised me)
    asp (the snake)
    craves (plural of "crave" which IS in your database)

    ( I attached a screencapture of WEST not found, cause I didn't think anybody would believe me.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Hey, I hope you don't mind, but there are a couple words that I noticed are missing:

    west (this one surprised me)
    asp (the snake)
    craves (plural of "crave" which IS in your database)

    ( I attached a screencapture of WEST not found, cause I didn't think anybody would believe me.)
    Yes, I put out initial versions with a quite limited vocabulary. I have been processing a full word list and am currently trying to get the size down. My full data as it is in the App Gallery is about 200kb of javascript to load the database. With the full competition word list, just the word database is 200 kb and the full games data is over a Mb.

    I'll be filtering the games down and am looking at lazy loading the data from a website. (This would pull down a little at a time and put it in the DB, to save install space for the App.)
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Ok, love this game. Quite addicting. My only wish is that the letter "buttons" on the screen were a bit bigger. Us Fat Finger users find the small "letter buttons" small.

    Actually I wish the pre actually had a larger screen. It's not just your app. I've hung up on phone calls instead of pressing MUTE quite a few times. LOL
    The touch targets for the letters are as big as possible. In other words, it isn't just where you see the letter, but I'm splitting the screen width into 6 pieces for touch areas. I can't get any bigger without using more than one row for the 6 letters.

    You can also play with the keyboard if the touch play doesn't work as well for you.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  12. #92  
    I ran across this same words along with others..I will admit, no other game gets the same playing time as this..best game to me hands down

    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Hey, I hope you don't mind, but there are a couple words that I noticed are missing:

    west (this one surprised me)
    asp (the snake)
    craves (plural of "crave" which IS in your database)

    ( I attached a screencapture of WEST not found, cause I didn't think anybody would believe me.)
  13. #93  
    Far and away the best game on the Pre to date. The concept itself is what makes it, but your implementation of the game is nearly flawless. Once you get the full word list, the app will be pretty damn close to perfect. I lost a huge game when "danger" was not recognized!

    Thank you for all of your efforts.

    P.S. I have also been victimized by "west".
  14. #94  
    I love this game, its great for when I'm laying in bed, trying to go to sleep. After 10-15 mins of playing it, my mind just goes blank from all the processing I used to play the game. Anyways, keep up the great work.
  15.    #95  
    Just wanted to give everyone a little status report, since I haven't released an update in a while.

    I am about half way through rewriting most of the App. Once I built the functionality I wanted, I realized some parts would be better coded slightly different to allow future capabilities I wanted.

    I've had to create a new word list display, to handle the much larger number of words generated with the improved word list. I am also making the list more like I envisioned the final version to be, with animated tiles for the words, rather than a fixed width font.

    I only threw out very obscene words, but do want to comb the list one more time. I have multiple thousand games generated from my minimum of 16 words per level (these are the difficult levels) to the most I am able to display.

    I'll most likely release the new version with the old word list, while I work out web loading and try to figure out a good way to rank the games. Even if there are 60 words, if the single 6 letter word is a killer, you can't really call the game "easy".
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodywho219 View Post
    I ran across this same words along with others..I will admit, no other game gets the same playing time as this..best game to me hands down
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Far and away the best game on the Pre to date. The concept itself is what makes it, but your implementation of the game is nearly flawless. Once you get the full word list, the app will be pretty damn close to perfect. I lost a huge game when "danger" was not recognized!

    Thank you for all of your efforts.

    P.S. I have also been victimized by "west".
    Insect is not in the list either,...still the best game so far
  17. #97  
    This is one of my favorites. Thanks!
  18. #98  
    Love it...Absolute time killer!!
    sent from my Palm Pre
  19. #99  
    Still fun!

    I would prefer bar for time left, no need for actual seconds imo
  20. terryman's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #100  
    Showed my wife this game and now I can't pry my Pre away her.

    Thanks a lot !!!
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions