Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    This game kept me up last night, I love it.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    thanks for the game man, this and dope wars are my favorite games for the pre. Some suggestions:

1.Better graphics, right now the playability is perfect
    2.As someone said earlier, have the list not be in alphabetical order
    3.Timer
    4.Save games

and if I think of anymore ill let you know. Good job so far
  3.    #43  
    I've updated Word Whirl in the App Gallery. Please refer to the First Post in this thread for new features.

Holy cow, it is almost 5 AM. I need a couple hours sleep before I have to get up for work at 7:30.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/20/2009 at 03:47 AM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Nice update so far so good but dude you really should be sleep.

Couple of things
    Add the timer on the screen.
    Have a key on the keyboard be for the whirl maybe the orange key.

That's all
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Add the timer on the screen.
    I was trying to figure out where to put it. The most logical place was the right side just above the Letter Buttons. However, it looked cluttered there.

My reasoning is that a bar gives you the information you need without being as distracting as the actual time. We will see what people think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Have a key on the keyboard be for the whirl maybe the orange key.
    I'm going to look at the key codes. I was thinking about @ for Whirl and . for clear. Also thinking about Shift+Backspace for clear.

What does everyone think good keyboard keys for these would be?

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'm going to look at the key codes. I was thinking about @ for Whirl and . for clear. Also thinking about Shift+Backspace for clear.
    +1 Sounds good.
  7.    #47  
    Just updated to 0.1.1. Only change is adding '@' as Whirl and '.' as Clear.

Let me know if these are too close to space and get accidentally triggered. Although an accidental Whirl isn't really a problem if you are typing in the word. An accidental clear could be annoying.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/20/2009 at 09:02 AM.

It told me.
    Just updated to 0.1.1. Only change is adding '@' as Whirl and '.' as Clear.

Let me know if these are too close to space and get accidentally triggered. Although an accidental Whirl isn't really a problem if you are typing in the word. An accidental clear could be annoying.
    Working well for me. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Pretty neat game, gave it a quick try.
    I love this game I won one level but nothing happened, no score or screen change it just stayed until swiped away the card to restart. Can you please add a hint button. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    After the game ends it doesn't add my score to the High Scores list.
    I have also had issues since downloading this app. Unfortunately, I’m not a programmer, so I don’t know how to fix them, but I wanted to at least let you know what’s been going on.

This was the only app I downloaded on Tuesday and I had multiple issues on Wednesday until I ended up removing it. =( I absolutely love this game though, so I hope some of these issues get fixed. Hopefully they’re not that bad. =)

The issues I’ve had are:
    -Rebooting/locking up – Several times the Pre rebooted on its own while a couple of times it locked up and wouldn’t respond to anything. It simply showed a black screen as if it were off. I had to actually remove the battery in order to get it to respond.

-Touchstone non-recognition – When I placed my Pre on the touchstone for charging, it didn’t seem to recognize that it was on a charging device and just went to sleep rather than charging.

-Batter Drain – I experienced significant battery consumption. My phone went from 100% to 0% in about 5 hours. This occurred over night while I was sleeping, so I know that it wasn’t from me using the phone. All apps were closed as well.

Hope this helps some. Really do love the game! =)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    After the game ends it doesn't add my score to the High Scores list.
    Nope, if you read the first post, you will see that on the UPCOMING features. i.e., it hasn't been made yet.

It told me.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdickman View Post
    I have also had issues since downloading this app. Unfortunately, I’m not a programmer, so I don’t know how to fix them, but I wanted to at least let you know what’s been going on.

This was the only app I downloaded on Tuesday and I had multiple issues on Wednesday until I ended up removing it. =( I absolutely love this game though, so I hope some of these issues get fixed. Hopefully they’re not that bad. =)

The issues I’ve had are:
    -Rebooting/locking up – Several times the Pre rebooted on its own while a couple of times it locked up and wouldn’t respond to anything. It simply showed a black screen as if it were off. I had to actually remove the battery in order to get it to respond.

-Touchstone non-recognition – When I placed my Pre on the touchstone for charging, it didn’t seem to recognize that it was on a charging device and just went to sleep rather than charging.

-Batter Drain – I experienced significant battery consumption. My phone went from 100% to 0% in about 5 hours. This occurred over night while I was sleeping, so I know that it wasn’t from me using the phone. All apps were closed as well.

Hope this helps some. Really do love the game! =)
    Did you leave the App open when this occured? I assume so, because that is the only way my App could do anything. There are no background processes or mode.

I left the original version open for 12 hours and saw nothing like this. Not sure what is going on. I'll verify that I'm closing out everything, but I don't see how I could be causing anything this severe.

Were you using the 0.0.4 version or a 0.1.x version? Thanks.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/20/2009 at 11:51 AM.

It told me.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by raeluvpre View Post
    I love this game I won one level but nothing happened, no score or screen change it just stayed until swiped away the card to restart. Can you please add a hint button. Thanks.
    By won, did you get all the words before the time out? I might have a bug with the non-timed out ending. Also, please provide the version number this is occuring on. The score and screen change did not exist until 0.1.0. The version number is on the main screen.

I haven't been able to reproduce this with a 0.1.1 version, so I want to make sure I'm not tracking a non-bug of a feature that just didn't exist on 0.0.4.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/20/2009 at 11:54 AM.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Nope, if you read the first post, you will see that on the UPCOMING features. i.e., it hasn't been made yet.
    Ah sorry, I scrolled through it quickly and missed it.
    I love the game I just hate the fact that it doesn't do like an auto solve or something or doesn't give me the option to give up. I got down to all the words but the last one and I just had to use the "go back" function on my phone in order to get a new game. How will I ever know my high schore? If this is a user error on my part please let me know what I'm doing wrong. But the game is super awesome! I LOVE IT!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanybeard View Post
    I love the game I just hate the fact that it doesn't do like an auto solve or something or doesn't give me the option to give up. I got down to all the words but the last one and I just had to use the "go back" function on my phone in order to get a new game. How will I ever know my high schore? If this is a user error on my part please let me know what I'm doing wrong. But the game is super awesome! I LOVE IT!
    Update to the lastest version. When the time runs out it will solve the level for you.

Many features are not implemented yet, among these are High Score. I will try to get that in soon. My next two features will be pausing and high score, now that keyboard support is added..

It told me.
    Did you leave the App open when this occured? I assume so, because that is the only way my App could do anything. There are no background processes or mode.

I left the original version open for 12 hours and saw nothing like this. Not sure what is going on. I'll verify that I'm closing out everything, but I don't see how I could be causing anything this severe.

Were you using the 0.0.4 version or a 0.1.x version? Thanks.
    No, the App was definitely not still open. I agree that it shouldn't be causing this, but I'm puzzled as to what else it could be. Perhaps it was just an odd coincidence. I wasn't going to post, but noticed that someone else had similar issues with it locking up.
    As for which version...? I believe it was the very first version. I downloaded the new update today, so I'll let you know if I notice anything odd. So far, I'm loving it though!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Is there a way to play a nontimed version. I like to let this game just sit in the background and play when I have a few minutes. Like the prev version. But I do like the update. Just a way to switch game modes.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast