Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I just don't see that making it a clean UI, as I don't think you will want to scroll back and forth while trying to just play the game for time. I'm currently formatting the top with HTML. I can probably pack more if I go to a canvas for the top. However, I think about it, I've NEVER played a Text Twist version that didn't have words I thought it should.
    I agree that it will add a bit of a delay if you were going for a timed experience, but for those of us who wouldn't, I think it would be a nice way to make sure the maximum number of words could fit in the playing area. Perhaps if you were to guess the correct word it would jump you to the appropriate page automatically when it gets filled in. In my opinion a simple left/right swipe with a nice animation to a different page would not put too much of a hinder on the gameplay and would make up for screen real estate limitations.

Anyone else agree?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    pre................. fail

oh well.

Love the game!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Great game. Looking forward to the timed version. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    pre................. fail

oh well.

Love the game!!!!
    Yes, the word "PRE" definately needs to be added to the dictionary!
    need to be a slove it button
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Yes, the word "PRE" definately needs to be added to the dictionary!
    I talked that over, but no Proper nouns are included. Don't want to violate Palm's Treademarks and all.

Well I might make an exception on this one. Would require a DB reload though.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    need to be a slove it button
    Yep, in the works for the Puzzle mode and it would automatically happen at 0:00 in the timed mode.

It told me.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    I agree that it will add a bit of a delay if you were going for a timed experience, but for those of us who wouldn't, I think it would be a nice way to make sure the maximum number of words could fit in the playing area. Perhaps if you were to guess the correct word it would jump you to the appropriate page automatically when it gets filled in. In my opinion a simple left/right swipe with a nice animation to a different page would not put too much of a hinder on the gameplay and would make up for screen real estate limitations.

Anyone else agree?
    The problem with that is the games are exactly the same between the different modes of play. It would be much too complex to have only certain words available in the slow play mode. And confusing for a player who uses both modes.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/19/2009 at 01:58 PM.

It told me.
    Is it possible to go back to a game that you have not finished? There are times where I have not guessed all the words and have closed the card. I want to be able to come back to where I have left off and continue guessing. I don't want to have to start off with a new set of letters. Maybe resume game button?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Is it possible to go back to a game that you have not finished? There are times where I have not guessed all the words and have closed the card. I want to be able to come back to where I have left off and continue guessing. I don't want to have to start off with a new set of letters. Maybe resume game button?
    I'll look into that. I'm going to release a Timed game version first, then look at how to implement the Puzzle untimed mode. Shouldn't be hard to store Game ID and words guessed.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I love this game. You should have a "give up" button so you can end the game and get a score for the words you found if you can't complete the whole thing.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrshe View Post
    I love this game. You should have a "give up" button so you can end the game and get a score for the words you found if you can't complete the whole thing.
    In the works. This is a VERY early alpha version.

It told me.
    Thanks sasherjj! That would be awesome.
    Absolutely awesome game. Looking forward to see this progress!
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    As far as a larger word list goes, on ay mobile version of this game (previous palm, iTouch), there has not been a word list constantly on the screen. It has been arranged to tell you, when you enter a word, whether or not it is valid (or if you have entered it before). Then, after the level is finished, a new screen comes up showing the entire word list, with annotations next to the words you guessed correctly. Could you possible try that?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I love the game so far, but I do have one suggestion...

Randomize the words that appear on the top of the screen. Right now, they are in alphabetical order, so it's fairly easy to figure out what words you're missing by trying to fit a word alphabetically between two that are already listed.

Other than that, great work! Looking forward to more updates!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The app when left idle in the card view makes the Pre reset after some time. Not sure of the exact amount of time, but this is the only app I have downloaded today, and this is the first series of resets that I have ever encountered and all with the app idling in cardview. Deductive reasoning makes me believe that it is this app idling while Pre is still in developer mode, idling, that makes the phone reset.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    very nice...i like it!

it's amazing how you get a little stumped then you can end up with 10+ more words no problem

like the "last" button. don't use the "whirl" button much but it's fine

thanks for your time!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecoteric View Post
    The app when left idle in the card view makes the Pre reset after some time. Not sure of the exact amount of time, but this is the only app I have downloaded today, and this is the first series of resets that I have ever encountered and all with the app idling in cardview. Deductive reasoning makes me believe that it is this app idling while Pre is still in developer mode, idling, that makes the phone reset.
    This is disconcerting. I don't have any timer processes and anything other than a static web page, which should do nothing when in idle mode. I've had it open all day, with no ill effects, but I will look into this. I've had my Pre spontaniously reset, if I don't manually do it every couple days, even before I installed Word Whirl.

If anyone else expereinces this with Word Whirl, please let me know. Definitely don't want to be resetting phones.

It told me.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    very nice...i like it!

it's amazing how you get a little stumped then you can end up with 10+ more words no problem

like the "last" button. don't use the "whirl" button much but it's fine

thanks for your time!
    I love to Whirl the letters around to get a sequence that jogs my memory.

It told me.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast