Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Tomorrow maybe?
    I hope soon. The way the response was worded makes me think that it will be part of the initial wave. Although, I'm not sure. I would think that would be the only reason I can't be told the date, if telling me would give away the Paid App Catalog go live date. Although I would keep that confidential per the NDA, I know some would not, so I can understand their reluctance. I'm in the same boat wondering as you guys. Slightly agonizing.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I hope soon. The way the response was worded makes me think that it will be part of the initial wave. Although, I'm not sure. I would think that would be the only reason I can't be told the date, if telling me would give away the Paid App Catalog go live date. Although I would keep that confidential per the NDA, I know some would not, so I can understand their reluctance. I'm in the same boat wondering as you guys. Slightly agonizing.
    i'd be shocked if nothing happens tomorrow, Palm has done a good job of staying relevent in the news.
    I thought 1.2 would come out on a thursday, just so happens I have thursdays off. Since it came on a monday, I need something to do tomorrow! Either way great work and congrats, you certainly deserve it. Also level 48? I have not made it past 8
    But its always a new game each time i play!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Good to hear!
  4.    #304  
    Finished the first pass of converting to Pixi compatible. Worked like a charm. Guess all the calculations I did were actually correct. This isn't supposed to happen.

Now I just need to load through the 2300+ levels and verify that my word positioning code that is supposed to work with both 14 and 10 rows (Pre vs Pixi) actually works with 10.

Is is amazing how much smaller the screen feels in the emulator with 80 pixels gone. You have only lost 1/6th of the height, but I think the change in aspect ratio is the biggest factor: 4:6 to 4:5. It feels like it went from a rectangle to a square.

It told me.
    2300+ levels huh....that sort of epic-ness might be a bit much for me....

naw j/k. Can't wait to buy it tomorrow!
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    2300+ levels huh....that sort of epic-ness might be a bit much for me....
    Well you can always get the Lite version and replay the same 10 levels. That sort of epic-less might be ok for you.

naw j/k. Can't wait to buy it tomorrow!
    I hope it is in there tomorrow. I think I'd have to take the wife out and celebrate.

I'm having fun with my next word game. Hope to have it ready for beta in a couple weeks. Also need to add definitions to Word Whirl. Maybe a little more graphics face lift.

It told me.

I hope it is in there tomorrow. I think I'd have to take the wife out and celebrate.
    I am pretty sure almost everyone who owns a pre will buy this game. I predict you make $100,000,000,000! or at least something near there....and Mini Me stop humping the friggin' "laser"
  8.    #308  
    Word Whirl Lite, now live in the App Catalog!

It told me.
    Word Whirl Lite, now live in the App Catalog!
    Grats!
  10.    #310  
    Full version of Word Whirl in the Catalog. What you've been waiting for people!

It told me.
    Purchased!
    I'm downloading it now. Question though, I did not remove the "beta" version and the paid one is downloading and installing as an "update". Is that an App Catalog glitch?
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    I'm downloading it now. Question though, I did not remove the "beta" version and the paid one is downloading and installing as an "update". Is that an App Catalog glitch?
    Yes, there is a big bug in the catalog. I'm working with Palm on it. It is bigger than Word Whirl. But it looks like I might be giving away a bunch of copies of Word Whirl.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 10/06/2009 at 01:40 AM.

It told me.
    Purchased and reviewed. Awesome game!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes, there is a big bug in the catalog. I'm working with Palm on it. It is bigger than Word Whirl. But it looks like I might be giving away a couple thousand dollars worth of free Word Whirl.
    yeah it looks like i got the full version free by just updating. ill be more than glad to donate to you because this was going to be my first paid app i would purchase. i really love and am addicted to this game.
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
    yeah it looks like i got the full version free by just updating. ill be more than glad to donate to you because this was going to be my first paid app i would purchase. i really love and am addicted to this game.
    Just enjoy it for now, while we hear how Palm is going at address it. Don't want you to donate, because Palm doesn't get their fair share and when it is fixed you will most likely have to buy again.

Just Whirl some Words and have fun.

It told me.
    Having wasted way more time than I care to admit with the homebrew version, I tried to buy the full version from the App Catalog moments ago but it seems my whopping 35 installed homebrew and official apps (according to Preware) is beyond the installation limit. I deleted all the "nice to have, but not essential" apps I could from my phone with no success.

EDIT: Finally got the purchase to go through after deleting a few more apps (with the intention of reinstalling once Palm lifts the limit). "Creating games" now.
    Last edited by Disgustoid; 10/06/2009 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    Having wasted way more time than I care to admit with the homebrew version, I tried to buy the full version from the App Catalog moments ago but it seems my whopping 35 installed homebrew and official apps (according to Preware) is beyond the installation limit. I deleted all the "nice to have, but not essential" apps I could from my phone with no success.

EDIT: Finally got the purchase to go through after deleting a few more apps (with the intention of reinstalling once Palm lifts the limit). "Creating games" now.
    did you delete the whirl win app too?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    did you delete the whirl win app too?
    The last thing I deleted was the World Factbook homebrew app to get the full version of Word Whirl to download and install. I deleted a ton of other homebrew and paid apps before that too.

I had deleted the homebrew version of Word Whirl once I heard it was available for purchase, before realizing I would be hindered by the app limit--stupid me for thinking the small-ish number of apps I had (compared to others around here who seem to download anything and everything) wouldn't be affected by the limit.
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    The last thing I deleted was the World Factbook homebrew app to get the full version of Word Whirl to download and install. I deleted a ton of other homebrew and paid apps before that too.

I had deleted the homebrew version of Word Whirl once I heard it was available for purchase, before realizing I would be hindered by the app limit--stupid me for thinking the small-ish number of apps I had (compared to others around here who seem to download anything and everything) wouldn't be affected by the limit.
    Once you have purchased and downloaded what you want from the App Catalog, you should be able to load back up on Homebrew with Preware or Quick Install. I believe FileCoaster follows the Palm limit though.

It told me.