Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    uh, I just reinstalled my pre via webos doctor and it appears word whirl is not longer available? not so happy
    +1
    i guess it graduated to the app cat.

question. not ever having done so, do you clear the level if u find all the non 6 letter words only?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #283  
    For those needing to reinstall it, I posted a link in this thread. I removed it, because we are really close to App Catalog release. You can type the link into FileCoaster to install on the device.

As it is setup, you must get the 6 letter word to pass, even if you got all others.
    You can type the link into FileCoaster to install on the device.
    What Link?
    Is there still a download link available as I just used WebOS Doctor.

EDIT: NVM......I found the link.
    Last edited by AaronB1979; 09/25/2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    For those needing to reinstall it, I posted a link in this thread. I removed it, because we are really close to App Catalog release. You can type the link into FileCoaster to install on the device.

As it is setup, you must get the 6 letter word to pass, even if you got all others.
    thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    did you know that after level 13 on a regular game (not times) it will freeze for a minute or two then jump you into level 24 automatically.

and why wont it accept the word WEST?

I apologize ahead of time if someone mentioned this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by YafaKlan View Post
    did you know that after level 13 on a regular game (not times) it will freeze for a minute or two then jump you into level 24 automatically.

and why wont it accept the word WEST?

I apologize ahead of time if someone mentioned this already.
    The homebrew Word Whirl dictionary is really spotty. DANGER is another word I was shocked to see unrecognized in a hand. It's also frustrating that some plurals count (ERA, ERAS) and others don't (ORE plays but not ORES).

I hope the full version of Word Whirl uses TWL like Word Ace does.
  8.    #288  
    Both of these issue have been discussed multiple times in this thread.

There was a bug in the PreCentral only version 0.7.0. Download the 0.7.1 linked in this thread, to fix the level 13 problem.

The PreCentral version uses a limited dictionary on purpose. The full version is based on the legal word lists for scrabble, minus words that I wouldn't want to pop up if I were playing this with my nephew.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/29/2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting a link to download here. After i updated to 1.2 i went crazy not having wordwhirl in my phone. im really addicted to it and it will be the first app i buy when the full version of the app catalog comes online.

Thanks
  10.    #290  
    I have implemented a few new features:

* High Score by Level, including converting High Scores by Score to Level first time the new version is run.

* Storing words played and time for each word into a Cookie. Then replaying this if needed when a game loads. This fixes the issue where a game can be closed quickly (two up swipes) before the save operation completes.

I want to figure out one more thing before I release the Lite version here. I'm trying to work out the UI for the HighScore page.

I have 4 High Score lists:

* Timed by Score
    * Timed by Level
    * Puzzle by Score
    * Puzzle by Level

I can just list them all in one scrolling page. I could show one at a time, with a menu up top to select. I can show two at a time based on either Game Mode or High Score mode.

I would store the last selected and rebuild the page in that format when loaded.

Other options are a reorderable list or drawers that would open and close.

What game modes do you play and how would you prefer to view the high scores?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  11.    #291  
    Ha, my wife just sent this to me.

"What people playing Word Whirl think of it:"
    Attached Images Attached Images

It told me.
    Ha, my wife just sent this to me.

"What people playing Word Whirl think of it:"
    niiice...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thank you for all the work you have put into this app. It is my favorite app.
    This is by far my favorite app
    Thanks for a great APP!!!
    I lost the game when I updated to 1.2 as I had to recover my phone and lost all the installed software.
    There is a big problem that you and everyone will face once you post the game in the APP catalog. I'm facing with many others the "out of memory" error.
    This is one app that I would support as I find it highly addictive, however I won't be able to even download it from the official APP catalog.
    I wish you the best of luck!!!
    I have to say you have probably written the best game out for WebOS so far! Keep up the amazing work and can't wait until the full, paid version comes out! I just wish you could make up for all the time I have wasted at work playing this awesome, addicting game! Hah thanks again and keep it up, and good luck with the app catalog, you deserve tons of success for creating this game!
  17.    #297  
    Please read the First Post with updated info about Word Whirl in the gallery.

Bottom line, linked version earlier in the thread still available for extended play. The App Gallery here now contains the Free Version intended for the App Catalog, plus High Score.

Those that wanted High Score by Levels can try it out.

I had to make a small change for Palm, so I was able to submit 0.8.1 instead of a modified 0.7.6, without affecting my placement in the queue. Bad news is I have to go through review again. Good news is Level based High Score will be in the first version hitting the App Catalog.

It told me.
  18.    #298  
    Just received notification that Word Whirl and Word Whirl Lite are approved for release in the App Catalog. Release date is still confidential. (Sorry.)

It told me.
    Just received notification that Word Whirl and Word Whirl Lite is approved for release in the App Catalog. Release date is still confidential. (Sorry.)
    Congrats!
    Tomorrow maybe? Seriously this is a great game. and while my iphone friends poke fun because they have madden, I smile knowing that I have much more fun with this game...they may play madden for a few weeks, I will always have room on my pre for word whirl. Cant wait to make it my first App catalog purchase!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.