Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    This might seem like a small thing but I have an issue with the "done?" button.

When I was playing the game the phone slipped in my hand and I accidently hit the done button. I had a great game going but I lost out because if you touch the button your done.

Is there a way to put "Are you sure you want to quit?" feature as to not accidently exit out of a game.

Thanks.
  2.    #222  
    The done button has been removed for the last few versions. Just update and this will be automagically fixed.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Installed the RC, took about 9 minutes to load the new words/games.
    Played a quick timed game so far. The centered layout is really nice, haven't noticed any bugs as of yet.
  4.    #224  
    I wish the load time was faster. The processor is pegged the whole way, so it is definitely processor limited (on both the emulator and device.) I REALLY hope that Palm enables the ability to distribute pre loaded DBs. Then this load time would be eliminated.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/16/2009 at 01:17 PM.
    This is my fav game. We have something like this on my daughter's DS. Very addicting!
  6.    #226  
    Copy of new first post:

Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The last version to appear on PreCentral before the App Catalog is here. This is the same as the Pay version for the catalog, except for the Word List. It includes a slightly smaller word list that other PreCentral App Gallery releases, because I imposed a limit on the various number of words for each len when designing the display. This is to assure there is space to fit all levels on the Pixi.

Please don't post any more "This word is missing messages." I have kept the "good" word list out of this version, because folks will need an incentive to buy the real version when it is available. However, I wanted to get the new display coding up here.

Version 0.7.0 Requires a DB reload, to get rid of games that will not fit in the display. THIS WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE SAVED GAMES. You have been warned.

Thanks for all the feedback and great ideas. It has taken quite a bit of work, but Word Whirl is finally in the state I had envisioned when I started.

It told me.
    Great work. Will be buying.
    Great game!!! Will be purchasing the catalog version. Thanks for all the work.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Another thing I noticed, since the RC, it seems way harder now as far as word combinations. Nothing I saw in previous versions.
    love the game.. how about a high score section
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcostales View Post
    love the game.. how about a high score section
    ? It is a button on the main page.

It told me.
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Another thing I noticed, since the RC, it seems way harder now as far as word combinations. Nothing I saw in previous versions.
    The levels are ranked in ease of finding the 6th letter words. With the increase word list, it is much harder to get them all. I'm working on putting together definitions for all words. When a level is over, you will be able to tap on the words to get a definition. Should allow you to learn new words.

It told me.
  13.    #233  
    Woo Hoo. Just fired off the email to submit the two versions to the App Catalog. It feels like I'm just finishing a long sprint.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'll most likely be releasing Word Whirl Lite here to test out the new features before it shows up in the App Catalog. But I'm taking a break for a few days before I start working on new features.

It told me.
    This game is fun and addictive.

Don't know if this has been asked or mentioned....but, is there a way to make the maximum score consistent for each level. There are times when the max on a particular level is 500, at another time it maybe 800. This makes the High scores out of whack. Which brings me to the next point. I would prefer on option to toggle the High Score by level instead of points. Since (IMO) the main object of the game is to get to the next level, the list should reflect that. And since the points achieved on each level is not consistent from game to game, the best way to determine progress is by the levels. Especially important when you're competing with someone else.

Thanks again for a great app. Awaiting official release
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by mellocee View Post
    This game is fun and addictive.

Don't know if this has been asked or mentioned....but, is there a way to make the maximum score consistent for each level. There are times when the max on a particular level is 500, at another time it maybe 800. This makes the High scores out of whack. Which brings me to the next point. I would prefer on option to toggle the High Score by level instead of points. Since (IMO) the main object of the game is to get to the next level, the list should reflect that. And since the points achieved on each level is not consistent from game to game, the best way to determine progress is by the levels. Especially important when you're competing with someone else.

Thanks again for a great app. Awaiting official release
    I understand how the different levels sizes affect score, but there are also many other variables. Levels with the same number of words also vary in difficulty. What I would worry about with a fixed score is people getting confused as to why the score is what is it. I think over a few levels, the number of words starts to even out and this score disrepancy becomes fairly moot.

The sorting by level is a great idea. I will need to basically maintain two high score lists for each game type, because max level doesn't always equal max score. I think it is worth doing and will add it to my list for the first update in the catalog version.

It told me.
    I'm playing the latest version. Timed game, completed level 13 and the screen just greyed out. Shut the program, reopened and the timed game option just brings up a grey screen. Puzzle mode still works a charm, though.

I haven't yet rebooted my phone (as I did it this morning), so I guess that's the next step. Anyone else get this, or is it just a random thing?
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    I'm playing the latest version. Timed game, completed level 13 and the screen just greyed out. Shut the program, reopened and the timed game option just brings up a grey screen. Puzzle mode still works a charm, though.

I haven't yet rebooted my phone (as I did it this morning), so I guess that's the next step. Anyone else get this, or is it just a random thing?
    Ah, there is a bug because the number of levels with this code is different than the "real" version I submitted. Didn't think about that when I made this PreCentral special version. I'll fix that and put it up tonight. This will happen every time you hit 13.

It told me.
  18.    #238  
    The level 13 bug should be fixed. It was the difference between the Full Game levels and the PreCentral limited version. Version 0.7.1 is up.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I downloaded Word Whirl when I got my pre and noticed that there was an update so I tapped it to download. It seemed to download, but I don't notice any difference to the version I previously had. Do I need to delete the first one and then just download the update?
  20.    #240  
    The last update was just a bug fix, you will not see any changes. It just changes the code loading games. Just open the Help menu and verify that the version is 0.7.1. You only have to load the DB loading a 0.7.x version from a previous install or installing after deleting.

If you are still hung on the 13th level, load it to the gray screen, then press the center button or gesture up to minimize the game. If this brings up the pause screen, then click Quit Game. This will clear the save of the corrupted game. Then everything should go fine. If it isn't loading the Pause screen, then you will have to delete and reinstall.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/17/2009 at 08:11 PM.