Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    I think that is the cleanest way to go. Buttons on the bottom will be:

[Whirl] [Use/Last] [Clear] [End]

Keyboard shortcuts: @ - Whirl, Enter - Use/Last (as suggested earlier), SpaceBar - Clear

Not end key, just tap the button.

Dialog opens with End button asking if you want to end the Level and stating that it will end the game if the level hasn't been cleared.

It will have to just be disabled in Timed mode, otherwise I'll have to cover up the screen. It would be a pause for the timer otherwise and allow cheating. (Not that you couldn't write down the letters and pause it to cheat as it is, but it would be easier.)

This is cleaner. I haven't liked the fly in Done, but didn't have a better solution at the time.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  2.    #202  
    New version up. The functionality changes talked about above, plus a bunch more "getting ready for App Catalog" changes.

Please let me know if you find any bugs.

It told me.
  3.    #203  
    Found two issues right off. High Score has been sorting by string. This has been there for a while and is one of the joys of javascript.

I also need to update the How To Play for the new buttons.

It told me.
    Great update! Thanks
    I really enjoy this game. Thanks for making it.
    This has become my most used app i believe. I do have one request. I'm not sure if this is easily implemented or not as I have not looked through WebOS yet.

I think the new layout is nice although it took a second to get used to it. Can you add the ability to tap a word to bring it up for use just like the "Last" functionality. This is handy if you want to append to a word that you already used and can't access via "last".

A way to submit suggestions for words would also be helpful. I have found a few words that are not in your database but are actually words. Not all words in your database include plural forms. Ions and Ides for instance are not allowed in the game. "The Ides of March" when Julius Caesar was murdered (use of the word).

Keep up the good work on this app. It's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatl View Post
    Partner and I both have a Pre with Word Whirl loaded on each. On mine, the game board moves up and down, I can swipe it up and down like when you minimize an app. It doesn't totally reduce or go away like when you close an app, it's like the board is a top layer that moves over a blank white bottom layer.

His is stable - with no movement at all. It's driving me crazy, because any slight slide to my touch moves the board, making me miss the intended button. Checked the thread and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

Tried deleting and reinstalling, but still ended up with the same problem. Not sure what's going on, but it's keeping my experience with the game from being rated perfect!
    This happens to me at random. Some games the board is scrollable and some it is stationary.
    It did not recognize "insect" as a 6-letter word.
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    This happens to me at random. Some games the board is scrollable and some it is stationary.
    Ah, I think I missed turning off scrolling when the game is loaded after ending a level. It is turned off coming from the main screen. I will fix that.

I think the new layout is nice although it took a second to get used to it. Can you add the ability to tap a word to bring it up for use just like the "Last" functionality. This is handy if you want to append to a word that you already used and can't access via "last".
    This is a great idea. I am planning on adding definitions for words tapped at the end of the game, so using the same tap handler would work during the game.

As to all of the word suggestions, I am working on it. I'm currently trying to finalize the new word list. I have just under 11k words and am trying to throw out the "bad" ones. I'm also working out definitions to implement later. The list is crazy complete, so I don't think we will need suggest word functionality.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My wife, 7 year old and I are addicted to this game. We are currently working as a team on a puzzle game and we are around level 60. I wish we could see what our current score is for the game. Is there any way to add current game scores to the high score list?
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    My wife, 7 year old and I are addicted to this game. We are currently working as a team on a puzzle game and we are around level 60. I wish we could see what our current score is for the game. Is there any way to add current game scores to the high score list?
    That would require a bit of work. An easier solution might be to modify the Pause scene to show Level and Game score. What do you think about that?

It told me.
  12.    #212  
    The code looks good for this in 0.6.0 and above. Please let me know if you are seeing it with the latest version. Thanks.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    That would require a bit of work. An easier solution might be to modify the Pause scene to show Level and Game score. What do you think about that?
    What about at the top of the current game along side the current level score? Anywhere is fine with me. We just wanted to know what our current score is.
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    What about at the top of the current game along side the current level score? Anywhere is fine with me. We just wanted to know what our current score is.
    I don't think there is enough room to fit up there, with the possible huge value of a very long played game. I'll look for a solution, but it might not happen until after the first App Catalog version. I'm frozen on features as of 0.6.2, other than finishing the new game/word list and word list positioning.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/14/2009 at 04:23 PM.

It told me.
  15.    #215  
    Just updated Word Whirl to 0.6.2. Now available from the App Gallery. This is feature complete for my App Catalog submission, with the exception of the updated word/game lists and the word list positioning.

Thanks for the good ideas all. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This was the clincher app for my girlfriend, all she does is play WW on my Pre. She'll be getting her Pre soon.

Thanks!
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    This was the clincher app for my girlfriend, all she does is play WW on my Pre. She'll be getting her Pre soon.
    Again, I apologize for the significant other stealing your Pre for my game. But on the bright side, it is Football season. So, unless you have Sunday Ticket and watch games on your Pre*, you should be busy with other things.

* And if you DO have Sunday Ticket, can you hook me up with a username and password?
    Just kidding.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    nice!!!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    It did not recognize "insect" as a 6-letter word.
    Haha, I just now had this exact same problem.

It took NICEST and INCEST though.
  20.    #220  
    Well, I just emailed out the first Release Candidate to some folks for testing. I also will be testing Word Whirl Lite. If you want to help test the final version, drop and email to joe [at] sachersoft.com with "Word Whirl Lite Testing".

I will not be releasing the updated word list to the App Gallery here. I have worked over 100 hours on the word list alone and I am saving that for a paid app in the Palm Catalog.

I'll be posting some screen shots from the final version to show some of the word display and a link to the free version from the catalog, when I get time. I'm focusing on getting all the marketing materials for the submission to Palm ready now.

Thanks everyone for your help in testing and great ideas. I'll try to get the display changes in the current PreCentral version after I wrap all the other work up. Although I'll need to write a quick Python program to validate that the word list I used fits the same restrictions I picked for the final one, so I'm sure the display will work.

It told me.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast