Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwoof View Post
    i hate this game. it has ruined my life. all i do is play it! arrrrggghhhh... need a lock out for this game

seriously it's the only game i play and probably one of the real reasons i still haven't sold my pre.
    I'm terribly sorry. I know there is a 12 step program for this. I think the first step is to purchase Word Whirl from the App Catalog in a few weeks. Not sure about the other 11 steps though.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'm not following exactly what is going on by the description. Is there any way you can get a screengrab of this? Orange + Sym + P. They will be available in screencapture folder with the Pre connected in USB move.

Do you have any system hacks installed?
    I had some tweaks installed via WebOSQuickinstall, but removed them all hoping that would fix things and to get ready for the upcoming OS update. Did add a couple of launcher pages that still remain after the uninstalls - wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Attached a couple of screen shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    arrrggghhhh, this sucks. i hadn't updated the app, so i got to level 37 and then the app froze on me. i don't even know my score, i just know what level i was on. maybe that's not even that high and i'm crying over nothing. since then, i updated and played one more time and got to level 34.

great app, by the way!
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatl View Post
    I had some tweaks installed via WebOSQuickinstall, but removed them all hoping that would fix things and to get ready for the upcoming OS update. Did add a couple of launcher pages that still remain after the uninstalls - wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Attached a couple of screen shots
    OK, when you said minimize, I thought you meant not full screen this was happening. I am planning on disabling scroll. It only occurs when you have notifications. Otherwise, scrolling is disabled. The is one of the final cleanups I have on my list.

I'm really glad it isn't something I haven't seen before.
  5.    #185  
    New version is up. Details on the first page in the thread. Mostly minor bug fixes.
    The new build looks awesome!

I don't know if this has been suggested. But have you considered, making it so you don't see notifications while you are playing? When I have a notification up, the application tries to scroll and this is kind of annoying considering I play the game mostly without using the keyboard. Alternatively you could also just make the game full screen. I have seen a few other developers do this.

Thanks. Can't wait to see this in the app catalog!

P.S. It doesn't know the word west.
    the dictionary needs to be updated. words like roe, are not listed. it is very frustrating to find a word only to have it rejected because this thing does not know what a REAL word is. DOC is not a word. its an abbreviation of a word!
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTirkle View Post
    the dictionary needs to be updated. words like roe, are not listed. it is very frustrating to find a word only to have it rejected because this thing does not know what a REAL word is. DOC is not a word. its an abbreviation of a word!
    Yes, I've posted many times about this. I've spent about 40 hours generating a new wordlist so far. I have it down to a little over 2300 games and 11k words and still manually going through the list to filter out the words that shouldn't be there. It is very tedious and only some can be automated.

Doc is considered a word, an informal version of doctor.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Another excellent update!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks for a great app. very addicting.
    My favorite Pre game. Nice work!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm another who'll be in need of that 12 step program for quitting this. Love this game. Really looking forward to the App Catalog release of this but was wondering if it had been mentioned how much the game will cost?
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbellevie View Post
    I'm another who'll be in need of that 12 step program for quitting this. Love this game. Really looking forward to the App Catalog release of this but was wondering if it had been mentioned how much the game will cost?
    Unless something changes, I'm planning on a $2.99 price point.
    That sounds great! I would definitely support 2.99 - even up to $5.00

Thanks for not making it something ridiculous ( even though I am sure your time effort and energy are worth it!! )

great game i love it!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    That's excellent and you can expect my money!
    I noticed you moved the done button up - but why does it appear at all? I'll tell the game when I am done. This should be a menu item from the drop down. It irritates me that it continues to think i am "done" when i have half the game left to complete.

Great game, just a minor irritation.
    Love this game! thanks
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Awesome! This is the kinda price you should pay for an app, not 5.99 or 9.99.

Granted, we all know that the Apple app store is mostly of CRAP, but they do have a lot of fun apps and games that are cheaper than $5. If Palms App Catalog is all priced above $5, that just gives those snobby iPhone fanboys another thing to brag about: cheaper apps.

Yeah, yeah, "pay more for better apps", I got all that. But what Palm needs is as many webOS users as possible, to ensure the survival of their company, and to lure in more developers. More expensive apps than those other guys is just going to dissuade people who want to switch.

My opinion, take it for what its worth.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom317 View Post
    I noticed you moved the done button up - but why does it appear at all? I'll tell the game when I am done. This should be a menu item from the drop down. It irritates me that it continues to think i am "done" when i have half the game left to complete.

Great game, just a minor irritation.
    The problem here is that most users will be playing and not know how to end. They will figure they have to get all words to move on, get frustrated and quit playing.

I received a good suggestion to make Clear and Last be the same button and just swap. This makes sense. This would allow me to have the Done button on the bottom. With that, I would think I need a confirm dialog.

What does everyone think about this?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I received a good suggestion to make Clear and Last be the same button and just swap. This makes sense. This would allow me to have the Done button on the bottom. With that, I would think I need a confirm dialog.

What does everyone think about this?
    Yes, definitely have a confirmation if you move it down.