Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    SHOUTcast Internet Radio
    Version 0.4.3 - Beta - Last Updated 08/24/2009

I created a very simple Palm Pre app to listen to the thousands of radio stations available on SHOUTcast. This is by no means an official app nor is it officially supported by Nullsoft.

Download:
    Download in the PreCentral.net Homebrew store.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/shoutcast

Usage:
    1. Open the SHOUTcast application.
    2. Either select a station from the Favorites list or search for a genre, station, or song currently playing on a station.
    3. Tapping a station will begin streaming.

Release Notes:
    Changed in 0.4
    • Added a 'Now Playing' screen which displays the current station and plays the music in the background. The separate 'Streaming Music' app is no longer necessary.

Changed in 0.3
    • Added support for custom stations
    • Changed search screen to allow re-searching in the screen

Changed in 0.2
    • Added favorite stations from shoutcast

Changed in 0.1.2
    • A bug where search results with less than 25 results would return an empty list
    • The lists should load faster now

Future Updates:
    • Have a preference setting to adjust the number of search results returned.
    • Display the current song information inside the 'Now Playing' screen.
    • Make the app look pretty.

License:
    SHOUTcast by Brian Krische is closed source and copyright Brian Krische 2009. No copying of source code is allowed.

Donate:
    Last edited by krische; 08/26/2009 at 08:31 PM.
    YES!!! You finally got it!!
    You might need to rename it or Nullsoft may come after you.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    You might need to rename it or Nullsoft may come after you.
    Huh, maybe i'll shoot them an email asking. Thanks for the advice! Don't want to get sued just yet
    Sweet! You might want to name it shoutycast...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I was thinking maybe PREcast or something
    Heck, talk with them, get some official sponsorship!
    Great!
    Downloaded.
    I searched for Disney (which I do in Winamp's Shoutcast for disney park audio) and did not receive results. Winamp always gives me results... Are they searching the same directories??
    good job on this app...
    Anyone know if you can get lex and terry on shoutcast?
    Would I be able to look up any radio station with this? I'm looking for KLAC AM 570 in los angeles. AM 830 in Los Angeles Angels Baseball and KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles for coast to coast with George Noory.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    I searched for Disney (which I do in Winamp's Shoutcast for disney park audio) and did not receive results. Winamp always gives me results... Are they searching the same directories??
    Looks like you found the first bug! It's fixed and I updated it on the homebrew store. I dunno how long it takes to update on filecoaster.

But yeah, it seems to be a bug when the search results return a list with less than 25 results.

Also, the lists should load quicker now.
    Love the concept, though for some reason, my attempts to download this through fileCoaster seem to not be working.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    Love the concept, though for some reason, my attempts to download this through fileCoaster seem to not be working.
    huh, have you been able to install other apps through it?
    My downloading was not working either until I discarded and restarted fileCoaster. Installed.

Does this app filter the results to only display those stations that use a codec that is supported by the Pre? (Like the MyPreRadio.com website does.)

I searched for classical, touched WFMT and got the "There was an error playing the file" nastygram from the streaming app.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank you Thank you Thank you. This app is a must, right up there with pandora for music lovers. Also, thank you for the blazing fast search fix. I was getting frustrated with it so I hopped on the forums to see that you already updated.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    How does this compare speed-wise to Pandora?
    Thanks for the update... You made my day!!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsterco View Post
    My downloading was not working either until I discarded and restarted fileCoaster. Installed.

Does this app filter the results to only display those stations that use a codec that is supported by the Pre? (Like the MyPreRadio.com website does.)

I searched for classical, touched WFMT and got the "There was an error playing the file" nastygram from the streaming app.
    It looks like that station uses mp4 streaming, which I guess the pre doesn't support that in streaming. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to filter the two, because both mp3 and mp4 appear as 'audio/mpeg' in the shoutcast directory.

However, I don't think there are very few stations on SHOUTcast that don't use mp3.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast