Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have been having the same problem. I actually bought the Pre with the concern that I would not be able to stream all the talk radio stations I listen to across the country, especially WFAN-AM in New York. I've probably streamed that station for 1000 hours or more on my old Moto Q using TCPMP. Thanks to a lot of searching, I've found this site, installed all the software, and come across this Shoutcast app. Yet when I add the WFAN-AM.pls link from Tuned.mobi, it will not go to the now playing screen, it jumps to the damn WebOS media player, gives a 21 second play, then stops. What can I do? I love this Pre but don't want to have to return it!!!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymunone View Post
    I have been having the same problem. I actually bought the Pre with the concern that I would not be able to stream all the talk radio stations I listen to across the country, especially WFAN-AM in New York. I've probably streamed that station for 1000 hours or more on my old Moto Q using TCPMP. Thanks to a lot of searching, I've found this site, installed all the software, and come across this Shoutcast app. Yet when I add the WFAN-AM.pls link from Tuned.mobi, it will not go to the now playing screen, it jumps to the damn WebOS media player, gives a 21 second play, then stops. What can I do? I love this Pre but don't want to have to return it!!!
    Yeah it seems some other people are having issues with custom stations like this where it plays for a short period of time then stops. Right now, I have custom stations just go into the webos player. I thought that would do a better job than my own way of playing streams, but it doesn't really seem to be that way. This will likely be next on my agenda of things to fix.

Right now, besides starting another semester of school, I've been working on updating the interface to make it more "shoutcast-y" and adding little tweaks here and there. I hope to be releasing this update sometime soon.
  3. Trx
    Krische: here's another vote for enhancing the Custom Station functionality on your next release. It's a big deal to me and surely to tons of other internet radio fans. Internet radio is all about variety, and there are a high percentage and large total number of streams out there that are not .pls and are not listed in ShoutCast.

Best too if you are able to stream the station with the best possible audio quality. Not sure if using the Pre music player versus your player impacts audio quality, but something to consider.

My local non-comm station is KTUH, and that station is my lifeline in terms of energy and professional endeavors. It's stream URL is: http://205.188.234.2:80/stream/1045

While I eagerly await the ability to stream non-.pls stations, I still LOVE this application as is ! Extremely Well Done ! W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L to be able listen to many of my favorite stations 'straight out of the box'. I'll be providing a donation later this week.

Mahalo & Aloha
    Has this thread died?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I have made a little progress, but mostly I've been swamped with school work.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Currently, the only way I know of to get the current song information, is to get it from shoutcast's directory listing. However, that information only gets refreshed like every 10 minutes, so the "current song" is really that current. I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to pull it from the stream, but no luck.

I will work on adding a pause/play button and an 'add favorite' button to the now playing screen.
    I wear the wired earphone that came with the Pre and it would be great if the pause/play could be toggled from the switch on the microphone.
    I cant figure out how to get this on to my phone!!! ugh!!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This is probably my favorite WebOS App, so thanks for developing it!

I just got around to putting a custom station in. I don't mind it going to the WebOS player, though it'd be nice if it stayed in app.

Anyway, thanks again.
  9. G8R
    I am trying to install shoutcast app but I am getting a message saying "unable to open file" "This file format is not supported". I have the newest palm software installed, is that my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Is this app still functional? I downloaded it (again, I had it on my phone a while back). When I do a search... Nothing! No indication that it's thinking about it or anything
    +1 on the search function doing nothing
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcc View Post
    Is this app still functional? I downloaded it (again, I had it on my phone a while back). When I do a search... Nothing! No indication that it's thinking about it or anything
    I haven't even really tried running this in over a year. Honestly, there are better Shoutcast apps in the App Catalog now.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678