Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Another update! Version 0.3.0

This updates:
    • A 'Custom Station' section was added to the 'add favorites' screen. Simply enter the name of the station as you want it to appear on the home screen, and then enter the URL to the *.pls file of the stream.
      I have not attempted URLs requiring authentication, if someone would like to and let me know, please do so.
    • The search screen was changed to have a search box in that page. You no longer have to return to the home screen to perform a new search!
    You ROCK!!!

I been waiting for this, even now you add favorite stations, but now you can put your own custom radio stations in! Di.FM is already on Shoutcast but this is great! Your awsome! Thanks!

Question, perchance your application goes on the offical app store, and someone donates via your donate button. If the application ever went pay, would that person have to repay for the application even thoe they donated?
    So do you guys like this better or worse than Net2Streams' net2streams? I don't have a Pre yet, so I can't compare.....
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    You ROCK!!!

I been waiting for this, even now you add favorite stations, but now you can put your own custom radio stations in! Di.FM is already on Shoutcast but this is great! Your awsome! Thanks!

Question, perchance your application goes on the offical app store, and someone donates via your donate button. If the application ever went pay, would that person have to repay for the application even thoe they donated?
    In that instance I would probably email that person the *.ipk install personally.
    Any good stations for recent hits. Like songs on the top of the charts now?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    .977 the hitz is pretty good
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Yeah the favorites saving was a lot more work than I thought it would be.
    I was happy you just got the program to work on the PRE, but THAT addition pushed it right to the top of the list of favorite apps.
    Great job and Thanks!!!!
    Charles
    When a station doesn't connect, the app throws an error, then goes back to the boot palm screen for a time and then comes back. Clicking the cancel button on the error doesn't do anything.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    When a station doesn't connect, the app throws an error, then goes back to the boot palm screen for a time and then comes back. Clicking the cancel button on the error doesn't do anything.
    huh, have you noticed this with any specific stations?
    Great App!
    When adding a station via URL does it have to be in shoutcast to play and how do I find the URL for a station
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubdrum View Post
    FYI - For anyone trying to stream their favorite online audio source or listen to music from their PC, this app plus Winamp, Shoutcast Source and Shoutcast Server will allow you to bounce anything your home PC can play to your Pre! Including any internet stream that the Pre cannot play.

I'm finally listening to KPIG by bouncing it to Shoutcast myself. Works like a charm.

Shoutcast Source, a plug-in for Winamp will encode what is playing in Winamp or whatever your soundcard is playing. You then use Shoutcast Server (both available free from the Shoutcast website) to publish to the Shouotcast server website. Now you fire up the Pre Shoutcast app, search for your own station and Bam! ANYTHING you can play on your PC (including any live stream) can then be streamed to your Pre. Sweet!

Thanks to krische for this app as it opens so many more listening choices then found at Shoutcast because you can create your own station.

Donation on the way...

Cheers!
    Thanks for theat neat setup! Great alternative to streaming via ORB and very similar to the AmpachePre app which also allows you stream music directly from your computer...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rros View Post
    Great App!
    When adding a station via URL does it have to be in shoutcast to play and how do I find the URL for a station
    The url can be any url with a .pls extension. I added this since some posters here said they listen to stations that do not list themselves on SHOUTcast. To add shoutcast station favorites, simply use the search box below the custom url section.
    I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love music. and I have Fusion Chicago - the future in Dance Music - On i just don't close it it is always on. It does make my phone get really hot even if i'm not playing it, not to mention that batt life, but whatever I luv it. Thanksxxxxxx
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    ^ yeah I streamed while I was driving yesterday and it seemed I lost about 10% of my battery in about 15-20 minutes of driving. Although I do have the 1350 mAh seido battery and I was driving, so it was probably working a little harder as I was hoping between towers.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Another update everyone.

The current version is 0.4

Added in the update:
    * A 'Now Playing' screen is shown after tapping a station. The station then begins to play in the background. The separate "streaming music" app is no longer launched. All of the streaming is done inside the app.

Hope you all enjoy the update! I'll try to keep them coming. It seems every new feature I want to implement is getting more difficult
    WOW.... Very nice upgrade.. I'm loving this app, and love the now playing feature, one request, would it be possible to add the pause/play button ? That would be great.... Thanks
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    yeah, I wasn't sure if people would want that or not. I can add them. I guess for the time being, leaving the 'Now Playing' screen does stop the music. So you can always use the back gesture to go to your previous screen.
    yeah, I wasn't sure if people would want that or not. I can add them. I guess for the time being, leaving the 'Now Playing' screen does stop the music. So you can always use the back gesture to go to your previous screen.
    Ok great, you have really done an outstanding job on this app, love it while being at the gym now..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Another update everyone.

The current version is 0.4

Added in the update:
    * A 'Now Playing' screen is shown after tapping a station. The station then begins to play in the background. The separate "streaming music" app is no longer launched. All of the streaming is done inside the app.

Hope you all enjoy the update! I'll try to keep them coming. It seems every new feature I want to implement is getting more difficult
    First off, love this app and donated a couple of updates ago.
    I downloaded 0.4 a few minutes ago, and it's playing fine thru the phone speakers, but isn't working with my bluetoothe devices. I tried the blue ant and the Jabra SP700 in my car. Both played fine with your previous updates.
    The phone is recognizing the devices and the volume gets louder on the phone. When I turn the bluetoothe off, the volume turns down.
    Help!!
    Thanks
    Charles
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast