Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    the search should return results with the station name. what station are you searching for?
    When I search on WABC or WABC-AM it comes back with nothing.
    Thank you.
    - Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    When I search on WABC or WABC-AM it comes back with nothing.
    Thank you.
    - Jeff
    I search for that and get a result. Have you updated to the most recent version 0.1.2?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    EXCELLENT !! Thank you.
    - Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Would I be able to look up any radio station with this? I'm looking for KLAC AM 570 in los angeles. AM 830 in Los Angeles Angels Baseball and KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles for coast to coast with George Noory.
    Anything luck with this? Anybody?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    It's up to the radio station if they want to add their stream to shoutcast. If it's on shoutcast, this app should be able to stream it.
    i love this app, had been waiting for this app since homebrew was started, THANK YOU! i gave it a 5 star rating.

a feature i'd like in the future would be that to add BOOKMARKS or FAVORITES to easily find stations i normally listen to...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    i love this app, had been waiting for this app since homebrew was started, THANK YOU! i gave it a 5 star rating.

a feature i'd like in the future would be that to add BOOKMARKS or FAVORITES to easily find stations i normally listen to...
    Yeah that is number 1 on my to do list. I think I will probably do that first, then start prettying it up. I'm also waiting to hear anything from SHOUTcast on if I'm going to get in trouble or not.
    Great app man!!!! Thanks a whole lot!!
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Yeah that is number 1 on my to do list. I think I will probably do that first, then start prettying it up. I'm also waiting to hear anything from SHOUTcast on if I'm going to get in trouble or not.
    Haha yeah good idea.

I've requested this of the net2streams guy, but would it be possible you to implement a user addable station feature?

For example, I listen to a subscription based station called Japan-A-Radio (it has free streams as well, but I pay for the premium streams), and it needs a user name and log in (HTTP Authentication). Would that be possible to add in easily? If you could do that as well as the favorite feature this would be my fav app on the Pre.

Check one of my later posts to the net2streams thread to find the URLs for the free streams for JAR.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Haha yeah good idea.

I've requested this of the net2streams guy, but would it be possible you to implement a user addable station feature?

For example, I listen to a subscription based station called Japan-A-Radio (it has free streams as well, but I pay for the premium streams), and it needs a user name and log in (HTTP Authentication). Would that be possible to add in easily? If you could do that as well as the favorite feature this would be my fav app on the Pre.

Check one of my later posts to the net2streams thread to find the URLs for the free streams for JAR.

Thanks!!
    I guess I'm not really sure how it works. Do you have the URL for the .pls stream files and then it asks you to login?
    Awesome concept, but I'd like it if you could let users put in their own stream URL and bookmark it. There's a stream that I listen to all the time, but I have to copy+paste it into the Web App to stream it.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Working on adding favorite stations from shoutcast. Getting pretty close I think, just need to work out a few issues. I'm thinking maybe after adding shoutcast favorites, I'll add the ability to favorite your own streams by just entering the URL.

I have also applied to become a partner with Shoutcast, but haven't heard back from them. So we'll see how that goes.
    This is really a great app, nice work..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    I reported this bug to Palm back in 1.0.3 (I was in the early SDK program); they're working on finding the root cause.
    yeah I wonder when they gonna fix that :P
    OMG!! Thank you, thank you,thank you! I loved listening 2shoutcast through ptunes on my touch pro...I missed it, you are the best! =)
    works great thank you
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Well it's here everyone. After many hours and much frustration, I figured out how to add favorite stations. The new current version is 0.2.0 and you will notice the starting screen has a favorites list now instead of a top 10 list. So click add favorites to go to a favorites screen which will allow you to add them. The favorite stations will be remembered, and you can swipe to delete them or even reorder them as you wish.

Check out the first post for updated screen shots.

Also of note, I have changed the source code licensing of this application to 'closed source.' After much hard work with lost sleep and seeing some of my source code go to other applications, I have decided to close the source code of this application. I will be watching the developer forums on this site, so if other developers would still like help, I will be able to answer your questions there.

I have added a donate link to the first post, so if anyone here is feeling generous towards my hard work, feel free to make a donation to me. I will continue to support this app with future releases.

Speaking of future releases, I am working on adding custom stations as we speak, so that will probably be added later today.

I hope you all enjoy the new update!
    Well it's here everyone. After many hours and much frustration, I figured out how to add favorite stations. The new current version is 0.2.0 and you will notice the starting screen has a favorites list now instead of a top 10 list. So click add favorites to go to a favorites screen which will allow you to add them. The favorite stations will be remembered, and you can swipe to delete them or even reorder them as you wish.

Check out the first post for updated screen shots.

Also of note, I have changed the source code licensing of this application to 'closed source.' After much hard work with lost sleep and seeing some of my source code go to other applications, I have decided to close the source code of this application. I will be watching the developer forums on this site, so if other developers would still like help, I will be able to answer your questions there.

I have added a donate link to the first post, so if anyone here is feeling generous towards my hard work, feel free to make a donation to me. I will continue to support this app with future releases.

Speaking of future releases, I am working on adding custom stations as we speak, so that will probably be added later today.

I hope you all enjoy the new update!

Great job man!!! Really nice work!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah the favorites saving was a lot more work than I thought it would be.
    FYI - For anyone trying to stream their favorite online audio source or listen to music from their PC, this app plus Winamp, Shoutcast Source and Shoutcast Server will allow you to bounce anything your home PC can play to your Pre! Including any internet stream that the Pre cannot play.

I'm finally listening to KPIG by bouncing it to Shoutcast myself. Works like a charm.

Shoutcast Source, a plug-in for Winamp will encode what is playing in Winamp or whatever your soundcard is playing. You then use Shoutcast Server (both available free from the Shoutcast website) to publish to the Shouotcast server website. Now you fire up the Pre Shoutcast app, search for your own station and Bam! ANYTHING you can play on your PC (including any live stream) can then be streamed to your Pre. Sweet!

Thanks to krische for this app as it opens so many more listening choices then found at Shoutcast because you can create your own station.

Donation on the way...

Cheers!
    Last edited by bdubdrum; 08/22/2009 at 02:51 PM.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast