Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abendugo View Post
    scoota, what would be pretty cool is if we could be able to link our customized characters together and fight each other for fun!
    This is something we'll do in the long run - once the core game mechanics are finished and stable. We're close to that point, with the addition of quests. We're currently working on the new area zones - which shouldn't be too far away...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
    When I start the game, it says Version 0.41 Beta at the top of the screen.

When I go into the List Apps area, it says the version is v.0.2.3

Which one is correct?

Also, is it true that I need to delete older versions in order to install the newer versions? Does that mean I'll have to start over?
    Yes this is a matter of forgetting to update one of the properties while building the project. The current version of the game will always show on the top of the main menu scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    On another note, playing as a warrior is waaaaay too easy.

The hit and explore buttons are in the same area, so leveling a warrior was just 'tap tap tap tap crap I have no hp rest' rinse and repeat. Once I got the best weapon I could just tap for about 30 seconds, rest, and repeat.

Some kind of scaling of XP amount based on level would fix this.
    I agree with you completely. When testing the questing system I always used the Warrior because I knew I'd be able to get through them fastest. After we finish building the core game, we'll begin tweaking the balance of all the classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    do you think you will add armor and jewelry to the game in future updates?

also in the next couple of updates what can we expect?

this is probably the funnest game I have on my pre
    Yes this is definitely in the plans, as indicated by the 'inventory' button on the stats screen. Our goal is to eventually allow players to equip armor (including slots for rings, pendants), use potions, scrolls, and use other items for bartering/combat/quests. These items will be available to the player as quest rewards, or to purchase from future (larger) towns.
    Quote Originally Posted by abendugo View Post
    Just wanted to say that ihave version 0.432 as a wizard I still only have run option after resting. Also I went to go from lvl 1 to lvl 2 I attacked the master as a wizard with my abillity twice and I couldn't run or attack after that.
    I think we addressed this issue in version > 0.5. I'm testing it right now to be sure, and while resting as a wizard I was attacked, and all the buttons became enabled. I hope you don't have any more problems with it.
    Just a quick note. After we posted this build, I realized that a new bug cropped up while a player is trying to level up. If you fight the level master, you get returned to his artless room. Normally you'd click the 'level up' button here, but your only option is to leave. If you do leave, then return, you will be able to level up. LOTS of new code was added to the game for questing. Not sure what caused this bug to start happening - we'll take care of it in the next build.

Scoota and I are taking a 33 hour train ride to PAX tomorrow, so we'll have plenty of time to work on the game without distractions...

Thanks!

Edit: It turns out that the town scene wasn't included in the changes when I updated the xp requirement to level. So while at the town it thought you were allowed to level when in other places it thought you weren't allowed. This confused the Level Trainer. This issue is resolved.
    Last edited by tatlock29; 09/01/2009 at 06:23 PM.
    If anyone is interested - here is how some of the values are currently calculated. We'll be tweaking and adding new columns as we go...

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...5Y0ZfTFE&hl=en
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tatlock29 View Post
    Not sure what the problem could be. I was able to install fine via file coaster on Ev network (non-wifi). Did you delete the previous version before installing?
    Yes, I forgot to include that, but I did delete it first. I've even restarted the phone and tried again...
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFyre View Post
    Yes, I forgot to include that, but I did delete it first. I've even restarted the phone and tried again...
    I'm baffled. I really can't begin to guess why this is happening for you. Maybe as a last resort you could try to manually install the ipk using http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html I'm sorry you're having problems with it.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tatlock29 View Post
    I'm baffled. I really can't begin to guess why this is happening for you. Maybe as a last resort you could try to manually install the ipk using http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html I'm sorry you're having problems with it.
    Nope, still doesn't do it. I'm just as baffled too...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Ok, I installed Preware and tried it through there and finally got it to install!
    I deleted Wizards, downloaded v0.54 and it shows up as v0.2.3. I didn't relize it untill FileCoster got their update that shows what apps have been updated (best update to date for them) and so I deleted Wizards, downloaded the update and it still shows v0.2.3?!? I'm downloading through FileCoster with WiFi. It takes a while to download, but I'm ok with that. I seem to have the update; I can get to level 3, there are 3 people in the tavern, etc.

Just thought you'd like to know, I don't know if this is of any help or not.

LOVE the game, I play it over and over with every delete and re-download.

My name says it all.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyGirl36 View Post
    I deleted Wizards, downloaded v0.54 and it shows up as v0.2.3. I didn't relize it untill FileCoster got their update that shows what apps have been updated (best update to date for them) and so I deleted Wizards, downloaded the update and it still shows v0.2.3?!? I'm downloading through FileCoster with WiFi. It takes a while to download, but I'm ok with that. I seem to have the update; I can get to level 3, there are 3 people in the tavern, etc.

Just thought you'd like to know, I don't know if this is of any help or not.

LOVE the game, I play it over and over with every delete and re-download.

My name says it all.
    You have the latest version. Your 0.2.3 problem is something that I have to change, I don't change the version number when I compile a new version. When I get the next versions out i'll make sure that version number is correct.
    Quite the entertaining game! I have found a bug, though. Playing the wizard, randomly when a spell fails to hit, all options stay grayed out so you have to quit and restart the app. This happens especially frequently (to me anyway) when fighting the Trainer.
    yeah seriously ive been playing V0.54 for over a Month now im tired of lvl 3 . LOL

And Dungen Quest (facebook app ) is the dumbes thing ive ever played ,, this game ( wizard ) OWNS!!!!!

get it out of beta SOON !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfCreation View Post
    yeah seriously ive been playing V0.54 for over a Month now im tired of lvl 3 . LOL

And Dungen Quest (facebook app ) is the dumbes thing ive ever played ,, this game ( wizard ) OWNS!!!!!

get it out of beta SOON !!!!
    Thanks for your post... Right now I've been bogged down with school work, but I'm still managing to work on Wizards when I have free time. The build I'm working on (v0.6) is consisting mostly of refactoring old code and making it easier to add new levels/monsters/zones for future builds. It will also include many new monsters, zones, art, and raise the level cap. I'm also working on the items mechanic, but it will probably not be ready for v0.6. One major hold up is getting art assets. Wizards as it is requires about 150 png images, although not all of them are implemented in the currently released build of course. I've gone through about 4 different people who said they would do the art and all have bailed. I'm working with one guy now who is a friend that says he can provide what we need in the next several weeks. Scoota and I have also been working with Palm to get this out on the Palm App Store soon, but they're not taking it seriously until the artwork is finished.

We appreciate your patience and encouragement!!!!!
    rock N roll budy!! keep us up to date
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone for all the donations! We're still working on getting art for all the new monsters. As soon as we have this, we can release the next version. Again, if anyone knows any artists, please let us know.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    We just submitted Wizards RPG: Chapter 1 to Palm to put on the store! Wish us luck!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well its done, its up on the App store! An exciting day for Alderan Gaming. Thanks to everyone to helped us test on these forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast