1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if you can in fact emulate any games on the Palm Pre? I have seen all kinds of video on Youtube where people are playing games, such as Zodttd, but does anyone know where to download either instructions, or installers and other things of this nature? I want to play on my Pre. I went to the Pre Wiki Dev team page where they talk about NES, but I don't understand their instructions.

Can anyone come up with an installer or method?
    Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
    i am also looking to do this. I want to play nes, snes, etc games. Ive also seen the youtube videos of people playing them. If i cant get them on my phone that would suck. because i really looked forward to playing this on my phone when im bored.
    Game emulators are pretty low level hacking right now. So you have to know what you are doing.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    The last time I did any low level hacking was when I re-wrote the floppy disk driver on my TRS-80 to read copy-protected disks. But given the dearth of games available for my Pre, I'm game for a re-match.

So, sacherjj, any insights on how one might go about this? is it as simple as modifying and recompiling some open source emulators? Has anyonestarted working on the mods?

If you point me in the right direction I'd be happy to try to create an installable app for the "rest of us" (although if I succeed then I suppose I would no longer be able to count myself among the "rest of us")
    its been my understanding that Luna is killed in order to emulate these games...so its like playing on the pre but giving up the entire interface and radio controls....I could be wrong but I'm gonna wait till i can get a notification while playing....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    its been my understanding that Luna is killed in order to emulate these games...so its like playing on the pre but giving up the entire interface and radio controls....I could be wrong but I'm gonna wait till i can get a notification while playing....
    Yea, luna (the WebOS interface gui) gets shut down in order to bring up the various emulators/apps. I believe the native apps need to be setup for directfb and run via commandline (which, with luna killed, would require an outside connection like ssh)
    Have this project died or there is a psx emulator for the pre that I don't know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Have this project died or there is a psx emulator for the pre that I don't know about?
    No, we don't have a PSX emulator. We do have VisualBoyAdvance though!

You can find it in Preware.
    Here's a playstation emulator in action on the Pre,
    PlayStation Emulation Comes to Palm Pre, Runs Faster Than on iPhone

I've also searched around for a "how-to" but with no luck.
    Last edited by runtimmyc; 06/05/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Dead project. :I