Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is pretty cool. One addition/thought would be the possibility to send an email or text message to everyone sharing the same tag. That way, you could send all of your 'Family' the same message. Just a thought.
    I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to add one of my existing contacts to the quick contacts list.

Also - is there a way to click on a contact and have the option to send a text message?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by houston17 View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to add one of my existing contacts to the quick contacts list.

Also - is there a way to click on a contact and have the option to send a text message?
    Palm has restricted cross-app access to contacts. The only way to get access to a Google contact (or any other non-Contacts Plus contact) from Contacts Plus (CP) is to click on the address book icon (bottom left) on the main screen. This allows you to lookup, view, email and call ANY contact but before that contact can be tagged or activity logged in CP it must be imported. This import feature will come in the next version of CP.

SMS will come later as well as some cool Email features.
    I like the potential this app shows but I have one gripe...

Did you really have to use the same icon as the Contacts on the iPhone :-x
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    This looks great Reuben! I know our users are looking for CRM and Datebk style functionality on Palm Pre. Having Categories, and Contact History is a significant first step.

Currently our sync products all go through Google, and so are subject to the "Synergy" limitation that one app can't access data from another app. However, we are engaged in our own internal development to change this. So as you get to the point of needing data synchronized to the PC, please contact me directly and we can work together on that if you wish.

Wayland Bruns
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    wayland@companionlink.com
    http://www.companionlink.com
    I used Datebook6 and then Agendus on my Treo and am dying for similar features on my Pre (by far my biggest gripe and disappointment). This app looks like a good start. The problem though, as I understand it, is that whichever app creates a contact "owns" the contact. I use Outlook 2007 standalone on my PC and PocketMirror to sync. If I create a contact on my Pre using an app like Where?, it won't sync with Outlook. I'm assuming the same thing will happen with any contact created by CP. Have you tested this? I'd hate to get started and then have to duplicate all my efforts.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    This is pretty cool. One addition/thought would be the possibility to send an email or text message to everyone sharing the same tag. That way, you could send all of your 'Family' the same message. Just a thought.
    This is exactly why I would use this program. Simply being able to group contacts, for me, is not enough. Universal search seems to take care of this issue for me. However, if I could send a sms message or email to everyone with the same "tag" it would be awesome!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    (bump)

does Contacts Plus use the same database as Contacts ?

Edited: OK, I think I understand the answer from the Developers Note at the bottom of the page below an imported contact (in the application).

Maybe I'll ask a follow on question. Does the developer and community believe that Palm will grant the access to Contacts that are necessary to allow Contacts Plus to "sit on top" of Contacts and add functionality without requiring the import of Contacts (and thereby a separate & redundant Contacts Plus database)
    Last edited by liv2surf; 08/21/2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Bump...

Hi. Anything coming down the īpike?

Thanks,

-JerryG
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    Maybe I'll ask a follow on question. Does the developer and community believe that Palm will grant the access to Contacts that are necessary to allow Contacts Plus to "sit on top" of Contacts and add functionality without requiring the import of Contacts (and thereby a separate & redundant Contacts Plus database)
    This is my biggest desire... I think it will happen sometime soon - possibly in the next release of webOS. I know there are several other limitations that will be lifted in the next release - hopefully this will be one of them.

The latest version of CP will be posted tonight to the homebrew. It includes the ability to import data from existing contacts as well as customizable tags.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks much! Looking forward to this.

FWIW - if I could import my contacts, and then empty the original database, without it hurting any other functionality, I would not mind in the least...

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben.olsen View Post
    I plan to do an informational thread about all the restrictions that Palm has us under regarding access to contacts and calendar items not directly created by our apps - but, for now...

In order to view a contact from another address book and apply tags and log entries to it the contact must first be imported into the Contacts Plus (CP) address book. Palm requires that this be done one contact at a time - I have it working in my dev version of the app and will post it once a few more issues are worked out. Hopefully Palm will give us more (permission based) access to other contact data in the future which would resolve this need to import the contacts and open up some huge possibilities.

Once Contacts Plus is fully stable with all the core features implemented the best solution would be to make it your primary "account" for contacts so that all new contacts that are created will be "native" to CP - negating the need to import.
    Does Import Mean I have to Type in the names, numbers and emails over again, or is there some way of moving the individual contacts between the apps?
    Reuben, this is awesome. Can't wait for the latest upgrade. This is exactly the type of functionality we need (PRE should have had from the beginning), as most of us were used to from previous Treos.

Just Great! Can't wait to assign ringtones to these tags... next right? :-)

For those of you that think you don't need tags on contacts is like saying I don't need air conditioning, I have a fan thank you because if you never knew what an air conditioner was, how can you miss it? It's like we used to say, I don't need email, I rather send a well thought out and constructed letter; 3 days is fast enough. It'd be like saying, I love my Black & White TV, why color?

Have you tried already to search for a restaurant but you can't remember its name, and you happen to have like me 500 plus contacts? With my Treo, no problem, i would just look at my contacts, click on Restaurants, 15 or so restaurants would show up only, look up, there it is, no problem. Or, a "client" would call (100 +), all those were assigned a ringtone, i knew i had to pick up just by listening the ringtone, but if it was an outside caller, i would just ignore, let him/her leave a message and continue working. What a concept: Tags and ringtones
    hows this app coming,could possibly be the most important addition to our phones
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Does Contacts plus have the ability to make unwanted and/or unknown callers go straight to voicemail?

There is a program I had for windows mobile called Photo Contacts PRO 5 (Distinctive Ring Tones, SMS Tones, Advanced Profiles, Call Blocking) that had this feature and it was great!
    where can i download this
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    So when will this be updated? Or should we wait to see what Palm gives us this week in software upgrade. This feature of course should have been in the original software as many things should have.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks you so much for this software. I had used Palm Treo 700wx before buying Pre. I was shocked at some basic features missing in the Pre Contacts.

Usage of "Tags" or "Category" is very necessary for me. The default Contacts in Pre assumes that I know the name of the person and hence typing his name and looking up is the way to go. But in my case (in sales) i meet a lot of people and enter their info in my phone in a quick 30 minutes duration when am at events. I also enter notes along with their phone numbers so that I can remember later who they were and what they were looking for. Most of the times, since I meet around 20-30 ppl in a short time, I don't remeber their names. I usually assign a "Category" or "Tag" against their name and later search for all contacts assigned to the "Tag" and retrieve the names.

I was disappointed with Pre till I saw this app.

Pls make this more functional. Also ensure that we can sort/list names by "Tags". This is very mandatory for people like me.

Any idea as to when we can expect the next release?

Thanks
    Prem
    ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sure did get quiet in here ...... Reuben???? What happened to you???

Hellllooooo, Hellllooooo, is this thing on???
    -Homer

but seriously.... I need categories..... and a live ap that is not dead before it barely breathed for a couple weeks.
    is this officially dead??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast