Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Slipslide is a nifty slide-show program. Turn your Pre into a digital photo frame... albeit a very small one.

All you have to do pick an album, and drop your Pre on the touchstone charger, and away it goes with a dozen or so nifty transitions between the pictures. You can choose how often the images switch and what set of images you would like to see.

Download it here
    v0.8.0
    • Now stays active on both the touchstone and the USB cable. Shouldn't lock down while the app is running.
    • Added a speed option of 5 seconds
    • Made the images take up the whole screen and hide the status bars at the top and bottom. It is an optional feature that can be turned off if you want to see the time.

To do:
    • Give an option to hide the system status bar at the top. (I have the code in there, but when I do it, it sticks a weird gray bar at the bottom.)(done v0.8.0)
    • Make the screen not black out when plugged into the USB cable. (It works just fine on the touchstone charger, but when plugged into USB it still blacks-out after 3 minutes.)(done v0.8.0)
    • Create more transitions.

Download it here
    Last edited by boydell; 08/17/2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Been waiting for something like this... alas... ACCESS DENIED when clicking on the linky.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post
    Been waiting for something like this... alas... ACCESS DENIED when clicking on the linky.
    Sorry, it has not yet been approved and published by a moderator.
    it looks very nice....very cool...it also works off of the touchstone when u click start now but of course goes to sleep and have to keep on touching the screen....but very nice app
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Neat app... My Pre does still sleep/go to the black screen with clock after a minute, though (on Touchstone).
    This app is very cool, thank you!

But I have to agree with the above posters - is there any way you could make it override the lock screen when it's on the touchstone? It can get to be a bit frustrating to have to swipe the lock every few moments to see the pictures.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    Sorry, it has not yet been approved and published by a moderator.
    Gotcha... Works this morning... Thanks!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Great idea and great app! Aside from overriding the screen lock (I have pin lock enabled for my corporate e-mail), I was wondering if you could add shorter time intervals on your to-do list.
    Is there a way to have the Pics turn if I put it on the touchstone sideways?
    I would Like to see this change every 5 sec and go full screen-
    I agree with the Lock Feature... It is annoying to have to swipe when this comes on.,. Thx
    Very nice app! I too would like to see times down in the 5-10 second range, and be able to view in a landscape format.

My Pre doesn't go to sleep when it's on the Touchstone, I don't know why it would when running this app. My TS is at work though, I'll have to check tomorrow.
    I have had the same problem, once the Pre goes to sleep off goes the program. That is the opposite of what it supposed to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdrfan08 View Post
    I have had the same problem, once the Pre goes to sleep off goes the program. That is the opposite of what it supposed to do.
    Confirmed, once placed on my Touchstone charger and started, it goes into lock screen mode after about a minute and the black clock screen. Anyway you can make your app override this so it stays on the slideshow?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Confirmed, once placed on my Touchstone charger and started, it goes into lock screen mode after about a minute and the black clock screen. Anyway you can make your app override this so it stays on the slideshow?
    Thanks!
    Same result for me, Touchstone charging, lock screen still comes up after 1 minute.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdrfan08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantone View Post
    Same result for me, Touchstone charging, lock screen still comes up after 1 minute.
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I dont know why for some people their pre goes to sleep on the touchstone and for others it doesn't. Mine never does no matter what is running on the phone. I have to tap the power button to make it show the lock screen.

However, I got it fixed now for USB so it will not dim the screen, and I am hoping that takes care of it for those people that were having trouble on the touchstone also. It should, as I am doing the exact thing that the video player is doing. Let me know if you experience otherwise.

New Version! v0.8.0
    -The newest version now stays active.
    -Added a speed of 5 seconds
    -Made the images take up the whole screen and hide the status bars at the top and bottom. It is an optional feature that can be turned off if you want to see the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I dont know why for some people their pre goes to sleep on the touchstone and for others it doesn't. Mine never does no matter what is running on the phone. I have to tap the power button to make it show the lock screen.

However, I got it fixed now for USB so it will not dim the screen, and I am hoping that takes care of it for those people that were having trouble on the touchstone also. It should, as I am doing the exact thing that the video player is doing. Let me know if you experience otherwise.

New Version! v0.8.0
    -The newest version now stays active.
    -Added a speed of 5 seconds
    -Made the images take up the whole screen and hide the status bars at the top and bottom. It is an optional feature that can be turned off if you want to see the time.
    nice gr8 job!!
    Thanks. This is a great app, I really like it. Is it possible to get it to display in landscape mode though? The camera that comes on the Pre takes really nice wide screen pictures. When viewed in Portrait mode they are a bit on the teeny side. Thanks!
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    does this app works with switcharoo also? I got that app on for my wallpaper switch but can't seem to get this app to work once I sit it on the touchstone. Or do I need to leave this app card open?
    this program only works when the pre is on the touchstone....like is there a way for it to do its thing when ur app is closed...or it has to be done only with the app open?
    This is one of my favorite apps....landscape mode would be cool and also an option to launch the slideshow everytime the phone is on the touchstone, not just when the app is open...not sure if that is even possible.

Great app.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast