Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This application flips a virtual coin. Supports penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, and dollar coins. Also plays a sound when you swipe the coin up in the air. Also, the coins are almost real-life sized

Download Here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/coinflip

License: this application is NOT open source. Do not distribute!

Also, Donations are greatly appreciated and will help to speed up development:
    Donations d0lph1nK1ng Software
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Doesnt really work that well , only got it to flip once or twice out of several attempts , also how do you change the coin being used ?
  3.    #3  
    Flip straight up.. Not to either side, I will make the area bigger for for give... Shaking will work too
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcea View Post
    Doesnt really work that well , only got it to flip once or twice out of several attempts , also how do you change the coin being used ?

What the hell is wrong with some people? Look around a little before posting negative comments on an app which you did not pay for and that someone put time into creating. Just like any other app... look in preferences. Must be user error, because it works fine for me....

Nice app..simple, looks sharp! flips fine every time! A little lag with the accel. control and transitions, but all in all a nice app.... Thanks Dolphin!
    I assume this gives a random 50/50 probability? Might be worth mentioning in the description. If it doesn't I want to know which one is more likely so I can use it to my advantage

Very sharp looking...I love the reflection under the coin!
    Finger swiping to flip the coin usually fails for me, although I just discovered it works every time if I swipe from the bottom right corner (every where else is inconsistent). However, using the accelerometer seems to work very consistently if the phone is moved with slight force. Casually moving the phone up doesn't usually get a response, though. Also, it would be cool if you could either select which type of quarter is used or if the quarter used is a random state. Fun little app, thanks.
    LOVE it!

I have another post on here about this, but thought I would ask d0lph as well, what are your thoughts on protecting commercial apps?

When I ran your app, the first thing I wanted to do was speed up the spin. It took a couple minutes and I changed it, but somehow I feel guilty for doing it. It's like being in someone else's house....

Check out the original post here:
    And thanks again for a fun app!

Sean
    Last edited by sottey123; 08/15/2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: fixed link
    In case you weren't sure, there is a menu at the top left of every app that normally has preferences in it... That's how you change the coin.

Sean
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Heya dk!

Nice app!

I like the wide selection of coins!

One bit of constructive criticism - it appears that you are stretching the image vertically from the top of the image to the bottom. It might appear more realistic if you were to equally stretch the image from the top and the bottom at the same time.

Great stuff man!

Jacob
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Hmm... App is ok. Animation isn't the best and for some reason, every time I flipped the quarter, it would go to heads. I never got tails and I flipped it about 30-40 times. I switched to a penny and I got it to go tails 4 out of 20 times. Is there something up with the randomness programming?
    Last edited by santos; 08/15/2009 at 11:26 PM.
    works gr8 for me...gr8 app
    i flipped it like 10 times and it switched off every so often from heads to tails....the only thing is to make the coin flip a bit faster bc it has a bit of a lag but overall gr8 job!!!
    Great simple time-killing fun application. There are plenty of times where I am with friends and decide to flip a coin but have none on me. This is where this app will come in nicely.

I would recommend really improving the flip animation, though. That is kind of a major downside and makes it feel quite unpolished. Once that looks more realistic there would be almost nothing left to improve.

edit: Also give an option for how fast the coin will flip and improve the rate at which the randomness is applied(?). I know nothing about code but I just gave it another few tries and the penny landed on heads like 5 times in a row. I don't think that's a realistic probability. And the coin does flip pretty slowly.
    Are there plans to speed the flippin up?
    One other nit, not crucial to the function of the app, but worth mentioning. The reflection of the coins when they're at the bottom of the screen isn't right -- should be mirror-image rather than upside-down.

Rob
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by knauerhase View Post
    One other nit, not crucial to the function of the app, but worth mentioning. The reflection of the coins when they're at the bottom of the screen isn't right -- should be mirror-image rather than upside-down.

Rob
    shhhhh lol
    Hey is this the same one in the app catalog?
  18.    #18  
    No... =( someone beat me to it and unfortunately did it better than me lol. Hoping to have mine added to the palm paid app catalog
    I tell you they look just alike.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    They look similar however the one in the App Catalog is much more refined. It flips correctly, horizontally at the center of the coin, where as this one kind've shrinks from bottom to top and kind've performs badly (sound can be out of sync) however this one has a bigger selection of coins. Until dk resolves the performance issues and figures out how to render the coin flip properly I would stick to the app catalog version made by "InspiringApps".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast