Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New App for students to keep track of grades and hmwk
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Where? I don't see it in the Homebrew App Gallery, and there's no link here.
    When it's up i will be very very very very very happy.
    I'm looking forward to seeing this, I start back to school on the 24th..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Awesome App!

One thing - could you possibly tie into the calendar or task list app, or make some kind of notification system?

I'm typically disciplined enough to check on things, but a reminder never hurts. Plus, if you look at everything on a calendar it is sometimes easier to get organized.

Just my 2 cents.

Jacob
    Very nice app!
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    Awesome App!

One thing - could you possibly tie into the calendar or task list app, or make some kind of notification system?

I'm typically disciplined enough to check on things, but a reminder never hurts. Plus, if you look at everything on a calendar it is sometimes easier to get organized.

Just my 2 cents.

Jacob
    Yeah, that would be great..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    This is an awesome app, would definitely be willing to pay for this if it was in the app store (and slightly updated)... some things to consider adding

putting the assignment page first... Most people need an app like this to check assignments due, and having assignments pop up before grades would allow them to have a quick glance at what they need to work on

Adding a page that has assignments due, in the order of due date. That way you can prioritize assignments based on due date. Also, maybe adding a priority indicator (high, medium, low etc.) would help.

Also, integrating the app into the notifications at the bottom would be nice for people to keep track of stuff without having to open the app.

All in all though, GOOD JOB, im glad something like this came out. Will be purchasing it from the App Store
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    Awesome App!

Just my 2 cents.

Jacob
    i love the idea of it integrating with the calendar!! but for the time being, the to do list needs some work...two boxes?

Also, one thing i noticed...some of my class names are really long, which is fine for the main screen, but when i click on the class, the button at the bottom extends beyond the screen
    oh, it would also be nice if when entering in an assignment, it would automatically switch to numbers for "total" and "earned"
    It would be extremely useful to be able to add an assignment to our grades list, and then come back later to put in our grade.

For example, I have an assignment due tomorrow worth 10 points, so I put the assignment into my grades as 10 points possible and blank points earned. A few days later I can come by and simply put the grade I received into the points earned box. Naturally assignments with blanks aren't figured into our averages
    Edit: this would also eliminate the need for the todo list, streamlining your app and making for fewer scenes to flip through

I also found a bug. If you put 0 into the points earned field for an assignment, that assignment doesn't show up in the list
    Last edited by Roisen; 08/15/2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Epiphany
    YOU'RE GREAT!!!!

Just in time for college. Seriously thanks bro.
    awsome app!
    You should change it from (total and earned) to (percentage and grade). I think the whole point of this app is to figure out how we are doing for us. Useually a teacher gives you a syllabus with all the tests, quizes, and reports and other graded things on the first day of class. This syllabus is in percentages. Like the mid term is 30% finnal 60% of your finnal average and so on. The app should let me put the whole syllabus in there right from day one of class and let me just add in my test grades as i get em without having to convert them myself to whatever. Also it should take whatever grades you have in already and say your average is a whatever and tell you what you will need to get on your next exam to get an ABCD... overal. I can think of a million things i want this to do. Hopefully you'll just keep updating it with various peoples ideas and it will become perfect.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks a lot for the comments! I have added the calendar capabilities, although it is not fully fleshed yet. (I submitted early for the contest )

Right now once you add a task, it will put sync it with the calendar, but you will not be able to update the task later on.

humddum
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I'm glad that you have made this app. I always used the Due Yesterday app on the older Palm OS. That had much more in depth task management. Would you be willing to take a look at that app and maybe try to bring this closer to that.

That being said, I think that this app will fill the gap greatly, and I commend you for doing this. Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by humddum View Post
    Thanks a lot for the comments! I have added the calendar capabilities, although it is not fully fleshed yet. (I submitted early for the contest )

Right now once you add a task, it will put sync it with the calendar, but you will not be able to update the task later on.

humddum
    I cant wait to see a full sync between classTracker and the calendar! that would be amazing!!! maybe now i will actually do my homework
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    i cant wait to see a full sync between classtracker and the calendar! That would be amazing!!! Maybe now i will actually do my homework
    lmao +1
    what i find really funny about this app is that a homework tracker was one of the first apps i ever developed. I wrote an app for a TI-84+ Silver in my sophomore year of high school. it brought me back when i saw this, lol
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks this was a must-have app
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast