Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Great job so far.

It would be nice if you could click on one of the tasks on the first screen and go to it's page (to complete it and add grades).

Also, I am using 1.0.8 and I am not able to change the class name. I want to because in the task list the course name is not showing what I would like to see (Comp... instead of CompSci 552)

Thanks for all your work thus far.
    Very nice app, came in handy today! Keep up the good work
    This is a cool app. I am trying to use it as a way to keep up with tasks, reports, and other things I assign to my teachers. I would like to have a way to know when something isn't turned in on time. You currently have completion date, but you dont have a actual turned in date.

An attendance field would be nice as well. I currently am using Engrade - The Classroom Community to do something similar but it would be so nice if I could have it on the Pre.

This would open it up to not just students but also the teachers and other educators that need a tracking system.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwait View Post
    Great job so far.

It would be nice if you could click on one of the tasks on the first screen and go to it's page (to complete it and add grades).

Also, I am using 1.0.8 and I am not able to change the class name. I want to because in the task list the course name is not showing what I would like to see (Comp... instead of CompSci 552)

Thanks for all your work thus far.
    You won't be able to change the name of classes made before versions 1.0.5.
    Sorry. Either remake classes or cope with the bad names...

Also, version 1.0.9 is up. It allows for easier reading for classes+ duedates+ tasks.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Sorry if I'm the only one who dosent understand how to make this work. When I add a class where it says enter category and weight what do I put there I keep getting some error category weights do not add... Thanks for the help
    I'm getting a message "Error: please contact classtracker4pr..." that goes off the screen.

Here's what I've done to this point.

Installed an early version (not sure specifically) and entered classes and a few tasks.
    Deleted some tasks and added new ones. I got errors about having to edit tasks on the calendar instead of in the app. The new tasks didn't show up on the calendar. I went back into the app and viewed the task again, and it magically showed up on the calendar.
    Entered a lot of tasks.
    Updated to the latest version on 9/12.
    Tried to add a graded assignment, and it would not work. I pushed the button, and nothing happened.
    Emailed my data, deleted the app and reinstalled it on 9/13. As soon as I launched it, I got the above message.
    I imported the data, but got the message about editing tasks in the calendar. All the classes showed up, but the tasks were gone. I cannot add tasks or graded assignments.

All that being said, this was a very useful app before it broke, and I appreciate all your work and quick fixes to this point!
    Nice app! A few points:

1) when I create a class and I don't enter the weights right I get an error message but because it is too long it gets cut off so I can't read the entire message.

2) could you add directions as to how to enter the weights.

3) would like to see a page for class info. Such as: office hours, emails, Professor/TA info, section number, classroom location

Great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gettinapre View Post
    I'm getting a message "Error: please contact classtracker4pr..." that goes off the screen.
    Im getting the same thing...but all i have to do is start the program and it will tell me this. Also, i like that youve changed some of the visual styling...but i still cant read my teachers names. at best, i can see half a first name.

I think it would be the most logical to do something like this:

Code:
    |Programming 201     100%|
    |Scott Finn              |
    |------------------------|
    |Database             98%|
    |Development             |
    |Doug Harpenau           |
    and then making the teachers names smaller would still work. But trying to cram the first half of the class name, and the teachers full name just doesnt seem to be working.

edit: fixed drawing
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    love the app
    Love the app, but my tasks no longer appear to be updating on the official my tasks page. It did when i first started using it but stopped, anyone else with a similar problem?
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    Im getting the same thing...but all i have to do is start the program and it will tell me this. Also, i like that youve changed some of the visual styling...but i still cant read my teachers names. at best, i can see half a first name.

I think it would be the most logical to do something like this:

Code:
    |Programming 201     100%|
    |Scott Finn              |
    |Database             98%|
    |Development             |
    |Doug Harpenau           |
    and then making the teachers names smaller would still work. But trying to cram the first half of the class name, and the teachers full name just doesnt seem to be working.

edit: fixed drawing

I fixed it in version 1.1.0. Hope it helps. Data shouldn't be lost as long as you keep your "emailed data." yay for email. I think this will be the last of my updates. So email me with anything urgent. Thanks a lot and good luck the rest of the schoolyear!

humddum
    i updated to 1.1.0 and i am still getting the error, and now i cant email myself data to back it up...
    Great app, it will probably come in handy next semester. One suggestion, add a way to setup a recurring task (eg homework) for a class so users don't have to enter individual tasks for each week.
    Another feature that would be helpful would be a csv import so that if I have an electronic version of the syllabus it can be more quickly added compared to retyping everything.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    i updated to 1.1.0 and i am still getting the error, and now i cant email myself data to back it up...
    So could you check if you did these steps? And if not, try to do this:
    1. make sure the original exported data exists somewhere.
    2. delete the app entirely from the pre (by pressing the red button and tapping on the application icon), a banner that says something like "your classtracker account on the calendar has been deleted" should show up
    3. download the application once again
    4. import data. successful imports will pop the "import" scene off by itself. otherwise, you got an error somewhere and i will try to look into it more.

humddum
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Cool app, 2 small suggestions.

First of all the grade weight only accepts whole numbers, any way to support 0.5%?

Second note when adding a number in the grade weight section is there any way to make the pre default to number mode. It'd make it a little quicker to add the information.

Great app, keep up the good work.
    I would like to see categories added so that they can be weighted. So like:

Homework's are 15% of your final grade
    Exams are 45% of your final grade
    ...etc

And then the final grade would be calculated accordingly.

This would be a great add if you do it. Thank you.
    The app is cool. The problem I'm having is that when I go to a due date in my calendar to see my assignments, the calender freezes on that particular day. If I try to go to another due date in the calendar, same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant17r View Post
    The app is cool. The problem I'm having is that when I go to a due date in my calendar to see my assignments, the calender freezes on that particular day. If I try to go to another due date in the calendar, same thing.
    I don't have that issue. Uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Is this app going to be updated? Is it still under development? If not, it's a real shame and the source code should be released because this really is a great app and it should of course be continued.
    god bless you! i heart this app! quick request tho: can you add a date section when you're entering grades? (so then, you don't have to keep switching back & forth from the grades & todolist)
    Last edited by marizen; 10/29/2009 at 04:19 AM.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast