Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    humddum - any possibility of you creating a site that would sync this information? I would love to be able to add data via webpage since I have a lot to schedule. A myclasstracker.com or something to that effect.
    Great app and I'd gladly pay a reasonable fee for an account with such a service. Would solve the protecting the data issue too
    Definitely thinking about that. Sounds like a lot of work, but hopefully I'll get there.

Also, version 1.0.4 lets you archive, but that just means it pops up in a different window. I still really want to get a website going that stores your info for you for protecting data and/or syncing.

humddum
    It would be nice if you could put in the class times and have it sync to the calendar, so every wed. at 2 it would put in Econ. 101. Put in starting and ending dates for classes so you would have the whole semester schedule in claendar.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    It would be nice if you could put in the class times and have it sync to the calendar, so every wed. at 2 it would put in Econ. 101. Put in starting and ending dates for classes so you would have the whole semester schedule in claendar.
    Ya and then as the event of the class show up on calendar, the assignment could show up in the notes section for that event. cool.

we're doing some awesome brain storming to make this app really great.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Any chance on getting alerts for assignment due dates? Im manually enterting reminders now and it's soo tedious.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your hard work, I would like to see an updated icon - one that's a little more up to date with the webOS style.

I also like the idea of this app syncing to a website, or your google calendar, etc.!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4sale View Post
    Any chance on getting alerts for assignment due dates? Im manually enterting reminders now and it's soo tedious.
    Yeah, I've been looking into it, but I don't get what format they want my alarm string to be in... I've tried so many ways, but it doesn't seem to work... If you know how, shoot me an email and I'll insert it in immediately. Palm says
    "alarm string Optional. Duration format is "none" or per standard ISO 8601, Data elements and interchange formats Information interchange Representation of dates and times. Use all lowercase."

Sorry about that. :/
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Great, I'm glad someone already started writing an app for this. I was afraid I was going to have to do it myself.

A few issues I'm having:

1. I can't edit Class Name and Teacher Name after creating a class
    2. After deleting a class with the name "Test" I can't create a new class called "Test" even though the old one was deleted. It says class already exists. I have to delete it from the Archive first. This is very annoying and not intuitive. I'm not sure why there's an Archive at all.
    3. Sometimes I get the error "No category title" even though I'm not adding a category title when creating a new class.

What is the Category and Weight inside of Class for anyway?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Great, I'm glad someone already started writing an app for this. I was afraid I was going to have to do it myself.

A few issues I'm having:

1. I can't edit Class Name and Teacher Name after creating a class
    2. After deleting a class with the name "Test" I can't create a new class called "Test" even though the old one was deleted. It says class already exists. I have to delete it from the Archive first. This is very annoying and not intuitive. I'm not sure why there's an Archive at all.
    3. Sometimes I get the error "No category title" even though I'm not adding a category title when creating a new class.

What is the Category and Weight inside of Class for anyway?
    Version 1.0.5 allows you to change the name of your class names and teacher names. It also lets you put in classes with the same name. I hope that helps.

Also, archives are for people who want to keep track of their past classes. The my classes view will be for current classes and archived classes are from the past.

And Category and weights are used by some professors. As long as you ignore the category section, the application won't complain anymore.

Thanks for the input.

humddum
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Fantastic. Thanks for the fast response. Another small feature request:

Add option to set font size down by 1 value for the class/task list (and perhaps reduce the padding on the rows). So that I can fit 6-8 classes/tasks on the screen at once, instead of 4. Or/and perhaps display the classes as:

===========================
    Class Name... Grade
    Teacher Name...
    ===========================

That way you can read the teacher's name too, right now it truncates the teacher's name to 2 characters for me. Not very useful.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    So I desperatly need to web doctor my phone. what is the best solution in terms of retaining all the data I have put in to this app? If it is too hard to implement an online archive system could it be possible to just email all th scores to myself?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    So I desperatly need to web doctor my phone. what is the best solution in terms of retaining all the data I have put in to this app? If it is too hard to implement an online archive system could it be possible to just email all th scores to myself?
    Oh nos! Ok, could you wait til the end of the day and I'll get an email option? Sorry about that!

humddum
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by humddum View Post
    Oh nos! Ok, could you wait til the end of the day and I'll get an email option? Sorry about that!

humddum
    Done! Here is version 1.0.6 with email database capability. If you love the nearly-instant-customer-service, please donate on my classtracker page! http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/classtracker

Enjoy!

humddum
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Done! Here is version 1.0.6 with email database capability. If you love the nearly-instant-customer-service, please donate on my classtracker page! http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/classtracker

Enjoy!

humddum
    yes, I love the "nearly-instant-customer-service". while I haven't donated yet, I definitely will in the near future.

the email method works great for exporting all my data, yet is is kinda difficult to read. would it be possible to have a scene in your app where you copied and pasted that email info in and it automatically reentered it for you?
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    yes, I love the "nearly-instant-customer-service". while I haven't donated yet, I definitely will in the near future.

the email method works great for exporting all my data, yet is is kinda difficult to read. would it be possible to have a scene in your app where you copied and pasted that email info in and it automatically reentered it for you?
    Is doing right now. Hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow.

humddum
    Love this app... But for crying out load get a better app pic! This house picture really sux
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Can I suggesting merging "Todo" and "Graded Assignments" into one? So that essentially the workflow is to:

- Create a new assignment when it's assigned to you. Set a due date.
    - When it's graded, find it and set your grade.
    - If it's not a graded assignment at all, it shouldn't count towards your grade.

It's just unclear, why there's two different lists.
  17.    #77  
    New version with a new logo... Can't say I'm the artistic type but hopefully it's better than the house...

If you want the logo to show up on your pre, you must uninstall the application and then reinstall it. *****BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT, MAKE SURE YOU EXPORT AND THEN IMPORT ALL YOUR DATA, otherwise kiss all your hard work good bye. And by the export and import does not contain your TASKS/TODO list. You will only get your grades restored.

Have fun!
    humddum
    Last edited by humddum; 09/08/2009 at 07:08 PM.
  18.    #78  
    New version with a new logo... Can't say I'm the artistic type but hopefully it's better than the house...

If you want the logo to show up on your pre, you must uninstall the application and then reinstall it. *****BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT, MAKE SURE YOU EXPORT AND THEN IMPORT ALL YOUR DATA, otherwise kiss all your hard work good bye. And by the export and import does not contain your TASKS/TODO list. You will only get your grades restored.

Have fun!
    humddum
    Version 1.0.8 is up. And import + export will take care of ALL your data. enjoy!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I made an icon for your wonderful app. If you like it, feel free to use it. Let me know if you need it in higher resolution.

Attached Images Attached Images
    I could of sworn I saw this in a previous version of your app, but wasn't there a way to put down your grading and put a percentage down on all of them (ie. quizzes 20% of your grade, midterm 30%, etc.)? Unless I am just missing that.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast