Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the constructive criticism/suggestions. I'm still working on it.

For due dates, it should look something like "11/10" or "3/18." I'll try to add some sort of example in.

As for fear for losing data... I realized that version 0.0.8 might cause you to lose data so I fixed it up in 0.0.9. However, in addition, I'm hoping to add a function so you can back up the data somewhere else just in case, possibly by sending yourself something like a spreadsheet.

Right now, keeping the data safe is my biggest priority, but I'll try to get other stuff going too. Thanks for being patient.
    Great job and great updates, loving this app especially with school starting for me next week
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I just found this app on Preware and so far I'm loving it. I was wondering if it would be possible to change the calender your tasks default to? I would love to be able to get an assignment in class, type it in and then have it sync (via google or some other mechanism) to my Thunderbird calender on my computer.

Thanks for the great app and I'm looking forward to your future development.
  4.    #44  
    Hey everyone,

I posted a new version and I don't think there should be any more database erase problems. And also, I'll be going to school soon too, so this may be one of the last updates until next summer... But if there is some glaring error in the program, tell me and I'll fix it up. Thanks a lot!

humddum
    Quote Originally Posted by humddum View Post
    Hey everyone,

I posted a new version and I don't think there should be any more database erase problems. And also, I'll be going to school soon too, so this may be one of the last updates until next summer... But if there is some glaring error in the program, tell me and I'll fix it up. Thanks a lot!

humddum
    Thanks for a great app, appreciate all the work that you've put in to it. Good luck to you in school
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Hey everyone,

humddum
    do you think there would be a chance you release your source for personal improvement/customization? I really like whats goin on so far with the program, but id love to tweak it a little bit to fit my own needs. I dont plan on redistributing, but id love to change the up the gui to fit my school colors/add my school logo. you know...then the teachers wont be so pissed when they see me punching stuff my hw into it

what are you goin to school for by the way?
  7.    #47  
    possibly comp sci

I have a few weeks before school starts though, so I'll get in a few more updates before then. Updating tasks is still kind of funky...
    The app seems fabulous
    I would like to choose which category in which the tasks add to the calendar
    Also, can you make the program icon a little prettier, more 3D
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by missbrunett419 View Post
    The app seems fabulous
    I would like to choose which category in which the tasks add to the calendar
    Also, can you make the program icon a little prettier, more 3D
    Haha, I definitely wish I had a better icon... Only problem is that if you want the new icon to actually show up, I think you need to uninstall the app and then reinstall it, which means you just erased your cookies and your calendar account. I'll come up with one in the meantime, but it may not show up until next summer... If you have one in mind already, you are more than welcome to contribute ideas!
    http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...l-icon-set.jpg
    The top right icon is kinda cool... I dunno if thats plagiarism, lol

Do you know if the sync work with iCal via Missing Sync for Mac users?
    So I'm sure you're off and running in classes as I am too, but here's a thought (unless it's there and I can't set it) -

When you complete an assignment task, it switches to the graded entries and disappears from the assignment list. I've got upwards of 25 assignments for some classes and without the auto sorting by changing dates or disappearance when completed, I am getting a little lost in those I have and haven't done...

And I don't know about most people, but I only have 1 of 7 courses that "weights" the class. Most of it is straight across point value, so I have to 'weight' it myself and then enter them in which kinda sucks.

Other than that, I LOVE THIS APP! The calendar suggestions with a little pop up or making it shaded on the month view of the calendar rather than an all day event
  12.    #52  
    Hey everyone, new update. Should be better than before. Now you can go ahead and enter in long names for your classes and assignments and not worry about things running off the page. And I found a few bugs in the calendar and fixed them.

I think I'll try working on some way to archive old classes once you are done with done. So there should be one or two more updates on the way. I'm so bad with keeping my word about no updates. :P

humddum
    There are two issues I'm running into:

1. I have no assignments completed as of yet, but 3/4 of my classes say NAN% and 1 says 0%. The 0% definitely looks cleaner. This also shows up in the bottom bar in the class' main page.
    2. My instrustors names are now only a few letters long

One other sugjestion, I love the upcoming tasks page, but I think now the app needs a preference menu. I would like to select my default screen (classes or tasks) and I would like to choose how far out the "upcoming tasks" looks.

Overall good update, just a few little things.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I installed one of the earlier versions of classtracker. when the last version came out I tried downloading it, but my Pre was too full of apps and I had to delete the existing version in order to download the new version. When I did this, it got rid of my classtracker profile in my calendar(which is to be expected). When I installed the new version, it didn't install the classtracker profile back into my calendar(NOT EXPECTED). so everytime I add a new task I get this error. "error: use calendar app to edit task". Nothing shows up in my calendar and there is no classtracker profile in my calendar app anymore. I did this with the Emulator on my PC. I downloaded the latest version(I hadn't ever installed a previous version before on the emulator). I added tasks to my classtracker which appeared just fine in my calendar, and my calendar showed the classtracker profile. But, then when I deleted the app and re-downloaded it, I had the same problem as with my device when I would again try to add tasks. I would get the error, nothing would show up in my calendar, and I had to classtracker profile. Has anyone else experienced not being able to add tasks after deleting and re-downloading the latest update? If so, any ideas on how I can get my classtracker profile back in my calendar app?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    If there is still time for updates I have a few small suggestions.

1. When you add a task it shows up on my calendar just fine; however would it be possible to set an auto reminder of say 1 day before the due date? I'm forgetful and having everything set to remind me would be wonderful.

2. Can you set up the program to where it carries over the course name to the calendar? Like I'll check my calendar and see assignment 1 due on 8/31 and it doesn't give me any more information.

Aside from this I love this program. Thanks for your efforts.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by timh83 View Post
    I installed one of the earlier versions of classtracker. when the last version came out I tried downloading it, but my Pre was too full of apps and I had to delete the existing version in order to download the new version. When I did this, it got rid of my classtracker profile in my calendar(which is to be expected). When I installed the new version, it didn't install the classtracker profile back into my calendar(NOT EXPECTED). so everytime I add a new task I get this error. "error: use calendar app to edit task". Nothing shows up in my calendar and there is no classtracker profile in my calendar app anymore. I did this with the Emulator on my PC. I downloaded the latest version(I hadn't ever installed a previous version before on the emulator). I added tasks to my classtracker which appeared just fine in my calendar, and my calendar showed the classtracker profile. But, then when I deleted the app and re-downloaded it, I had the same problem as with my device when I would again try to add tasks. I would get the error, nothing would show up in my calendar, and I had to classtracker profile. Has anyone else experienced not being able to add tasks after deleting and re-downloading the latest update? If so, any ideas on how I can get my classtracker profile back in my calendar app?
    Hey, sorry about that. I didn't think people would delete the app and then reinstall it. I'm also a little dismayed that the Pre doesn't automatically remove cookies related to your app after your app has been deleted. But don't worry about it. I'll release a new version of the classtracker today to help you deal with this problem. However, I can't help you recover your data...

humddum
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Hey, sorry about that. I didn't think people would delete the app and then reinstall it. I'm also a little dismayed that the Pre doesn't automatically remove cookies related to your app after your app has been deleted. But don't worry about it. I'll release a new version of the classtracker today to help you deal with this problem. However, I can't help you recover your data...

humddum
    Please include the things I mentioned if possible =)
    "I think I'll try working on some way to archive old classes once you are done with done"

Greatly Appreciated!
  19.    #59  
    Version 1.0.3 is up and the class name is now attached to your calendar event in the location field of the task. I'm getting to the archive stuff... Until then, hang tight.

humddum
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    humddum - any possibility of you creating a site that would sync this information? I would love to be able to add data via webpage since I have a lot to schedule. A myclasstracker.com or something to that effect.
    Great app and I'd gladly pay a reasonable fee for an account with such a service. Would solve the protecting the data issue too
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast