Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    just updated to new version, but now when i try to add an assignment, it does not allow me to click. hmm...do i need to recreate classes with the update?

anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by morningisbad; 08/17/2009 at 03:51 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Yeah, you'll probably have to reenter the class... sorry about that. I'll try not to let that happen from now on. Had to change around the framework to allow for weighted assignments...
    Quote Originally Posted by humddum View Post
    Yeah, you'll probably have to reenter the class... sorry about that. I'll try not to let that happen from now on. Had to change around the framework to allow for weighted assignments...
    I'm running into two issues with weighted grades:

1. If not all categories are used, %NAN is displayed as a grade %.
    2. If a 0 is entered as earned, it says its not a number. I miss a lot of assignments...a 0 is a must for me lol
    3. The ability to edit things (classes, categories and assignments) would definitely make the app much more usable. Especially adding grades down the line (example: attendance, I get 100 points a semester but for every missed day I lose 10, so I take 10 off that hundred every time I miss...btw...I hate when teachers require attendance...sigh...this isn't highschool)

I love this app!! The only reason I am being critical is I know I will use it several times daily
    Last edited by morningisbad; 08/18/2009 at 02:19 AM.
    Btw...donate link anywhere? I'd be more than happy to donate once everything is ready to go in a full release!
    Um, after I downloaded and tried to run, all I saw was a black screen! I can't do anything...I'm having problems with lots of these home apps. Blarg! Everyone else seems to b enjoying the apps, but I can hardly get them running...
    Lookin forward to trying this out.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'd like to see the ability to edit weights, categories, professors, and class names AFTER they have been created. (For example, I wanted to put in my classes for the next semester, but I don't have the weights yet...I want to add the weights later.) Additionally, it would be nice if you could make folders for different semesters, so you can collapse semesters/years. You could keep a full log of all assignments and grades for all classes over time.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    You should be able to edit classes after they've been entered somehow. Like if you had to add or change the weight of a category.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i think this app is an excellent idea but needs to be smoothened out; so as constructive critcism i'll say the following. I am an avid mobile device user, I sometimes call it a fetish. lol. Jumping into this app there was just too much for me to think about like; in what format do I enter the date, can i enter the timeframe of my class, I have recurring classes (same class monday and wednesday) how do I sync both days? if i dig for these things i probably could find the answer, but the point is, the user should not have to dig. So here are my ideas:

*Add example below field. Ex. Date (010109)
    Great App loving it so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmb123 View Post
    Um, after I downloaded and tried to run, all I saw was a black screen! I can't do anything...I'm having problems with lots of these home apps. Blarg! Everyone else seems to b enjoying the apps, but I can hardly get them running...
    Has your Pre been updated to 1.1?
    I am having an issue with this app.
    First off, I love this app. I love the idea, and in the future it should be great.

Now, the issue. When I enter classes and exit out of the app and reopen it all the classes are gone! User error or app error??
    I have tried reinstalling. Help?
    one of my most used apps.
    Now I don't have any class grades or assignment yet, but I'm messing with it trying to figure this app out. The one real idea I love is syncing my homework with calendars. The one thing I don't get is wat do I put on the small field on the to do section. I know the big field on the left for homework name and suck but wat do I put on the field on the right?

Help please and also good app !!!!
    My class tracker made me so happy. A way to track all that I have done, and yet to do in my classes. That is until I went to review and add a couple assignments for a class. Nothing is there!!! My assignments still show up in my calendar but there is nothing in the program. I now have the choice of either adding a hundred or so events to my calendar, maybe via Google, or hoping that there is some sort of fix that will keep me from having a break down that I thought I would be able to avoid until at least mid-terms. Please Pre loves tell me how to fix this, or update the program to ensure that this doesn't become a constant problem. BTW I downloaded this a meer week ago, I usually like to have a month before a complete failure from my new "toys". Oh side note. As I loaded all of my assignments in to the program if I scrolled up to the top and then back to the bottom of the assignments would be gone, due dats in place mind you. I'll check back on this soon in hope of a fix.

But still I do appreciate all that you home brewers are doing for us, without you I would be striking my pre against a rock trying to get the fire started.
    You attach the due date for the assignment so that it will show up in your calendar on that day. Or maybe a couple days ahead of time so that you have time to do it.
    Lost all the information again with the new updates...I'm really starting to worry if classTracker will be stable enough to store information as important as homework
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    Lost all the information again with the new updates...I'm really starting to worry if classTracker will be stable enough to store information as important as homework
    I've been thinking the same thing
    This app deffinatly has my attention, but lacks the right functionality for me to use it much.

How about...

- ability to creat an assignment, give it a due date, grade possible ect. Then have a clickable chechmark on the entry for when you complete it. Clicking that would prompt you to eneter your score. This would turn it into a full agenda!

- notifications when assignments are due or will be due soon.

- change the first scene to assignments and the second scene to notes and reminders and have it more organized.

- assgnments can have categories, priorities, and ue times.

- projects/modules/units etc. Basically a way to have assignments with multiple parts. Each part can have a an individual grade which will add up for the final object grade, or some parts may not and just be checked off.

If I think of anymore I'll make sure to post looking forward to the updates for this
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    Hopefully the kinks will be worked out. After all its still in a little beta stage.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast