Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PreJeweled is now Swap & Drop and is available in the Official App Catalog
    ------------
    You can guess exactly what this app is just from the name. PreJeweled is a BeJeweled style game.

Match 3 or more alike pieces to remove them and more will fall in until there are no more moves left to play.

Has theme support and sounds, it currently has 2 themes (Palm Pre and Web 2.0). Also supports multiple board sizes (6x6, 7x7, 8x8) but the larger the board the smaller the pieces.

Sadly it currently doesn't track highscores, but I wanted to release this to get some feedback as well as usability comments But score tracking IS coming!!

This is my first app, spent alot of time on it in its current state, and I will be improving it much much more in the days to come.

Change Log:
    --------------
    0.3.5 ~ 8/18/09
    - New Feature: New game confirmation
    -- If you accidently hit new game and your current score is higher than the previously saved score you are prompted to save the new score before starting a new game.
    - Changed Feature/UI: Score tracking
    -- If your current score is higher than the previously saved score the score label changes from 'Score:' to 'HiScore' (I wanted to change the color or add an icon but its not allowing me to).
    - Changed UI:
    -- Changed some menu/prompt/button wording, new game header and updated the app icon.
    -- Added 3 more icon sets: Fruits, Gems, and Round Gems (All created by remix2000)
    - Bug Fix: Sound effects On/Off
    -- Fixed the bug in 0.3.4 where the sound option wasn't getting set when the app loads.

0.3.4 ~ 8/17/09
    - New Feature: Save high score at any time
    -- Just tap the score in the upper right corner, if you have a higher score than before you are prompted to save it. No need to wait till game over.
    - New Feature: Clear all options & scores
    -- There is now a option in the menu on the preferences scene to clear all settings & scores (this is used it you're cookie gets buggered, all settings and scores are stored in an app cookie)
    - Updated: High Scores now look prettier
    -- Added background as well as font sizing, should all fit on screen without scrolling (if you have no notifications)
    - Changed Feature: Game board no longer resets when going to the High Score scene
    -- The game board still resets if you goto preferences

0.3.2 ~ 8/16/09
    - Changed Feature: Using hint now has a 25 point penalty
    - New Feature: High score tracking!
    -- Tracks your highest score on each of the different board sizes/number of pieces
    -- The score board is a bit basic looking but I'll get that all pretty real soon.
    - New Preference: Number of pieces
    -- Now you can define how many different pieces are used, the more pieces the harder the game. You can select from 5 up to 8 pieces.

0.3.0 ~ 8/14/09
    - Initial Release
    - Theme support
    - Sound support
    - Hint feature

If you like my game feel free to donate here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dawm; 12/03/2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: name change
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Wee bit of a lag. I see it on the Homebrew Apps page but it hasn't made it to Filecoaster yet. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    looks awesome man.. can't wait to try it out
    Looks really nice. Did not get into Bejeweled that much. Now I'm going to have to give it a try.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Waiting on Filecoaster
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Got it! Very smooth gameplay. The first two games I only had one move before there were no moves left, which was kind of weird for a randomized game. The third game took a few minutes to play. I'd say there's great potential in this. Good job!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Got it! Very smooth gameplay. The first two games I only had one move before there were no moves left, which was kind of weird for a randomized game. The third game took a few minutes to play. I'd say there's great potential in this. Good job!
    I'm pretty sure thats due to the piece count (currently set at 8) and the board size, if you play a larger board it should last longer (depending on the randomness). Trying to fit 8 different pieces on a 6x6 board doesnt leave room for a bunch of matches.

The larger the board the smaller the tap-able pieces but the more area for more pieces to fit and jumble together, which makes it a longer game. I chose to keep the default board 6x6 to give the largest possible tap-able area, but 8x8 is still very playable and 7x7 is a good mix between.

My personal record in 6x6 was 734, but i don't recall what the piece count was.
    Last edited by dawm; 08/14/2009 at 07:31 PM.
    Nice I love it
    I think in this case, the name is both funny and appropriate. I do think that other devs are overdoing it with naming their Apps Pre*. I can't wait to try it out.
    6reat! The =re needs some good time wasting games, and I'm glad one is here!
    I'm almost set.

I have this, and spades. All I need is UNO and Texas Hold'em.
    +1 uno
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for all the props, i've been working on this for about a week (few hours each day) was hoping no one else would release one before i got it to a releasable state.
    Looks good. I'll go hunt it down.
    Paul
    Cool man, great game! I love how you used Palm icons as jewels. Really sweet!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    It's now on filecoaster. Installs smoothly and runs fine. I found Bejeweled somewhat addictive!
    Paul
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Sweet game, thanks!!
    Nice Job I love bejeweled so this is a welcome addition! Only wish I could go more than Two moves on some games when in 6X6 and 7X7 mode

Maybe throwing in a wildcard icon that jumbles the board up when you make a chain reaction sort of like bejeweled 2 will help with short gameplay?
    Last edited by remix2000; 08/14/2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: fixed typos and added additional comment
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Great jobs!! Caint wait to see what else you have in store for it.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    NiceJ I love bejewled so this is a welcome addition! Only wish I could go more than Two moves on some games when in 6X6 and 7X7 mode
    I'll be enabling the number of pieces preference in the next build, with a lower number of pieces theres a better chance you'll have more of the same pieces and the game will run longer since it wont get stuck with no valid moves. (Its currently set at 8 pieces, which

I also need some better icon sets (64x64), the 'Palm Pre' theme is the stock icons (painstakingly copied from each of the stock apps) w/ an additional Palm logo icon taken from richd.com
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast