Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    could be something with webos 1.2.1, once i get my new laptop ill be able to work on prejeweled more steadily and ill have an updated version soon.
  2.    #122  
    i'm very pleased to announce that i finally fixed the bug where it was not clearing both horizontal and vertical matches at the same time

the bug:
    if you were to move the bottom right corner piece () to make a set of 3 horizontally and 3 vertically at the same time it would not clear both matches, only the horizontal match would clear and the remaining 2 pieces vertically would just drop down.

it is now fixed in my current development version

I'm currently working on the timed/blitz modes which i need to finish before i release a new version, but I wanted to chime in and let ya'll know that i'm actively working on PreJeweled again and tackling those annoying things you all have told me about. Below is a list of whats currently going on, if i missed anything please tell me.

Progress (updated 11/13):
    • Fixed the 3x3 bug - Done
    • Piece movement (drop/removal) is now much much faster - Done
    • Added new game confirmation - Done
    • Updated to support the Pixie - Done
      ~ Support for the smaller display
    • Removed the 8x8 board - Done
      ~ As the pieces are too small to accurately tap (and would be even smaller on the Pixie)
    • Save/Restore Game
      ~ Ability to stop your current game and restart from where you left off. The board gets saved as well as your score so you can pick the game up where you left off, you don't even have to keep PreJeweled open.
    • The original game mode is now called 'Free play' - Done
      ~ Pick the number of pieces you wish to play with and play until there are no more moves possible
    • A new 'Timed' mode
      ~ A timed game, matches will increase the time left, higher levels add additional pieces and a quicker clock (still messing with the details on that)
    • A new 'Blitz' mode - Done
      ~ Try to get the highest score in 60 seconds, now has a pause feature
    Last edited by dawm; 11/13/2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawm View Post
    i'm very pleased to announce that i finally fixed the bug where it was not clearing both horizontal and vertical matches at the same time

the bug:
    if you were to move the bottom right corner piece () to make a set of 3 horizontally and 3 vertically at the same time it would not clear both matches, only the horizontal match would clear and the remaining 2 pieces vertically would just drop down.

it is now fixed in my current development version

I'm currently working on the timed/blitz modes which i need to finish before i release a new version, but I wanted to chime in and let ya'll know that i'm actively working on PreJeweled again and tackling those annoying things you all have told me about. Below is a list of whats currently going on, if i missed anything please tell me.

Progress:
    • Fixed the 3x3 bug
    • Piece movement (drop/removal) is now much much faster
    • Added new game confirmation
    • Updated to support the Pixie
      ~ Support for the smaller display
    • Removed the 8x8 board
      ~ As the pieces are too small to accurately tap (and would be even smaller on the Pixie)
    • Save/Restore Game
      ~ Ability to stop your current game and restart from where you left off. The board gets saved as well as your score so you can pick the game up where you left off, you don't even have to keep PreJeweled open.
    • The original game mode is now called 'Free play'
      ~ Pick the number of pieces you wish to play with and play until there are no more moves possible
    • A new 'Timed' mode
      ~ A timed game, matches will increase the time left, higher levels add additional pieces and a quicker clock (still messing with the details on that)
    • A new 'Blitz' mode
      ~ Try to get the highest score in 60 seconds
    Can't wait, this is one of my all time favorite games. Perfect for wasting some time at any given time.
    Definitely buying this app!!!
    Can't wait for the update, this is currently my favorite game on my Pre and it seems like it's just getting better.

Great job!
  6.    #126  
    PreJeweled is now called Swap & Drop. I just submitted it to the App Catalog hopefully it goes well and gets approved soon.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    PreJeweled is now called Swap & Drop. I just submitted it to the App Catalog hopefully it goes well and gets approved soon.
    Any word on when this will be in the app catalog? I am hoping that by the tieme it is added to the catalog they'll have fixed the app limit issue so that I can download it.

Thanks for your work on this game, I'm liking the free version and am looking forward to the "official" version.
    can i just download this game and paste it into my downloads folder when i sync my pixi with the comp? i did that and it's not showing up help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by mermer202 View Post
    can i just download this game and paste it into my downloads folder when i sync my pixi with the comp? i did that and it's not showing up help please?
    Ah, you must be new here! Allow me to point you in the right direction!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
    This thread has instructions for getting started in the Palm Pre homebrew community. Once you have done what is in the instructions, Prejeweled and many other applications, patches, and themes will be available to you. Good luck and I hope this was helpful to you!

Oh, and I just noticed you have a pixi. I believe there are a few apps out there that will not work well with the smaller screen of the pixi (but shouldn't cause any damage). There are also a few patches that simply will not work with the pixi. Remember that all of the homebrew content is not officially Palm approved software. While there is almost no chance that you will cause any damage to your phone, read all directions carefully and proceed with csome caution.
    Last edited by Armchair Commando; 11/23/2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: an amendment
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by mermer202 View Post
    PreJeweled might not work well on the pixie, i mean it will but the icons may run past the screen, the version in the precentral app catalog is not 'pixie friendly' but the new PreJeweled which is now called Swap & Drop is 'pixie friendly'. But i'm still waiting on Palm to approve it for the Official App Catalog.
    PreJeweled might not work well on the pixie, i mean it will but the icons may run past the screen, the version in the precentral app catalog is not 'pixie friendly' but the new PreJeweled which is now called Swap & Drop is 'pixie friendly'. But i'm still waiting on Palm to approve it for the Official App Catalog.
    HURRY UP PALM!!!!! Can't wait, LOVE this game, would pay almost anything for it if you've added some cool improvements to the version going to the app catalog. Plus my wife now has the Pixi, so if it is Pixi friendly then that is even better. I'll be buying two, thank you very much.
  12.    #132  
    i now have a handler at palm, hopefully soon it will be approved
  13.    #133  
    Got my review back from palm, had one issue to fixed (which is now fixed) gonna resubmit it tomorrow morning and we'll see how it goes
  14.    #134  
    its now in the app catalog
    its now in the app catalog
    and its now on my pre! Awesome, nice update, love the blitz mode. Definitely money well spent!
    Thread title changed per op user request.

Nice work!

- Craig
    I bought this app as soon as I found out it was released. I've enjoyed the homebrew version a lot, so I figured the least I could do for the entertainment was to support the developer.
  18.    #138  
    sorry guys but theres an issue with 0.4.10 (currently in the catalog)
    Scores issue in 0.4.10 BioCandy Productions
    Awaiting 0.4.11 to reject so 0.4.12 can get uploaded for review.

I'm now working on a online leaderboard system so i can totally pull out the on device score storage.
  19.    #139  
    current version in the app catalog is 0.5.2 with many new features such as level mode ;D
    but the best part has to wait till version 0.5.4+ which has drag/swipe support, no more tapping the pieces ;D
  20.    #140  
    Just made a preview video of the new features in 0.5.4
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast