Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    For the Developer -- Fantastic game. I am addicted. The changes you have made are of course all improvements. If I may be so bold as to suggest another improvement... I have a habit of accidentally hitting the "New Game" button by mistake. Would it be possible to have a confirmation bubble pop up with the likes of "Are you sure" (yes or no) or "Return to current game" options. Thank you for your consideration and for a fantastic application.

PS: I hope I posted this correctly, it's my first time in the forum.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I have found a way to cheat in your game. It doesn't work all the time, but it can work. After making 3+ in a row, while other jewels are still falling, you can sometimes move other jewels around disregarding the rules (no need to make 3 in a row). I have done a couple of things with this:

1. Move one piece over two spots to complete a row.
    2. As blocks fall and line up 3 pieces, but the computer is still clearing another part of the screen, slide a fourth piece with it to get 4 in a row.
    3. Move two pieces to string together a long chain.

Using the last technique, I was able to complete a row of SEVEN! It took quite a bit of time and effort (as I said, this doesn't always work), but I did it! It looked something like this:

And then on the other side of the screen I set up a chain reaction like this:

And it gave me enough time to move both pieces into my line of 7. I tried to get a screenshot, but I wasn't quick enough!

I don't want to call this a bug, because honestly it was pretty fun trying to get those 7 to line up without accidentally setting off part of it. I actually don't want you to "fix" this, just thought you should know about it. Ok now I'm going to try and set up a row of 8!
    love playin this with earphones on
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Using the last technique, I was able to complete a row of SEVEN!
    Ok, while trying to get a row of eight (which I technically did just now), I noticed that when I lined up 8 pieces, first 5 get cleared, then the remaining 3. This made me curious, and I did 7 again, and realized that even when you line up a row of 7 just right, it only clears 5, and leaves the other 2. I didn't notice this before, because I was trying desperately to get a screenshot.

I guess the max is 5 no matter what.
    uhm, when you make a set that has both vertical and horizontal, one one is counted.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    never played bejeweled before and I have to say this game is really fun! Thanks alot!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAlan View Post
    For the Developer -- Fantastic game. I am addicted. The changes you have made are of course all improvements. If I may be so bold as to suggest another improvement... I have a habit of accidentally hitting the "New Game" button by mistake. Would it be possible to have a confirmation bubble pop up with the likes of "Are you sure" (yes or no) or "Return to current game" options. Thank you for your consideration and for a fantastic application.

PS: I hope I posted this correctly, it's my first time in the forum.
    +1

This is killing me!
  8.    #108  
    sorry guys, real life has me busy lately, but ill have a new release shortly with some updates, and hopefully some bug fixes
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    As far as availability goes, since it's "Free until it hits the Official App Catalog"... does that mean that as soon as it goes live in Palm's App Catalog, i'll be prompted to purchase it every time I open the current version? Or since I already have it in it's current version, I'll always have it.

Probably a stupid question, but I'm a bit confused.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveram View Post
    never played bejeweled before and I have to say this game is really fun! Thanks alot!
    I usually refer to Bejeweled as "electronic crack"! :-)
  11.    #111  
    still working on that next release.. bit of bad news.. had to wipe my phone and backup didnt restore anything, so now im just pissed at palm for having a feature that doesnt work.. im off to readd contacts..

actually.. touchscreen just stopped working again.. grrrrr... cant make it to the sprint store till tomorrow
  12.    #112  
    finally back in the game.. just got back from the sprint store after replacing the refurb they gave me yesterday.. it would make/take calls but i couldnt hear the other party. they were gonna order another one but i told them that wouldnt fly since i need my pre. so they took someone elses refurb that wasnt picked up yet ;D
    welcome back, hope all goes well from now on.

was wondering about a couple of things about your app.

1. can the "items" be made to drop faster?
    2. will making a 2 way combo at the same time ever register as a combo?
    3. have you had any grief about using palm or web 2.0 icons?
    4. will you rename the app, like all the others?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Great game thanks!
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    welcome back, hope all goes well from now on.

was wondering about a couple of things about your app.
    1. can the "items" be made to drop faster? already done in the next version
    2. will making a 2 way combo at the same time ever register as a combo? still working on that issue
    3. have you had any grief about using palm or web 2.0 icons? not yet ::crosses fingers
    4. will you rename the app, like all the others? i need to but i cant find a fitting name that isnt already used

i'm having issues using depot for data storage (trying out the sql storage method), its a huge set back since cookies dont store alot of data, once i get that figured out we should be good to go on a new release.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawm View Post
    4. will you rename the app, like all the others? i need to but i cant find a fitting name that isnt already used
    Well, I've been trying to think up a new name for you while playing... So far, my favorites are "Block Tumbler" or "Gem Jumble."

Oh, and add my vote for a "New Game" confirmation prompt. Even now that it lets you save a high score if you hit the button accidentally, it still ends the game! Argh... :/

--John
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    This is a great game, but the New Game button gets in the way sometimes. Then there is no way to cancel the action.
  18.    #118  
    hey guys.. sorry life has been super hectic lately (longer hours at work, new gf, trying to finalize buying a house..etc) and i havent had the chance to finish the current updates on the next release. I have not stopped working on PreJeweled, i just find less time to do so, be patient there will be a new update soon
    i Have Read The entire thread and found no other people with this lol ...
    im on my 4th pre and every one of them i have had prejewled on and every one has had the same issue of the pieces not matching.. if you pick 3 or 2 items that match nothing happens so you hit hint and it shows 2 different pieces to hit and they go away... sorry if this is an odd question but its driving me crazy trying to figure it out lmao Help
    can anyone help? I've loaded several homebrew apps and they all work great except for this one. I have unistalled and reinstalled a couple of times. I downloaded it for my girlfriend to play but you have to pick icons that don't match to make the game work. I've tried diff. Themes, boardsizes, and gem count. Any help would be apprieciated.
    Thanks
    David
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast