Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Nice game! Thanks!
  2.    #62  
    New update:
    Corrected a typo on the Preferences scene.
    New preference - Number of Pieces (Determine the number of different pieces on the board; from 5 to 8)
    New feature - High Scores! (Stores you're highest score for each board (and at number of pieces))
    Changed feature - Hint (Using hint now takes away 25 points)

0.3.2 is in the homebrew app catalog

if you have any issues please let me know

I plan on working on an endless game mode as well as a timed mode this week if time permits.
    Last edited by dawm; 08/16/2009 at 09:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jap00_34 View Post
    It wouldn't let me make a combo where there are two of the same images down and right. When the image was moved to make 3 up/down and 3 left/right, it only counted left/right. Great game though! My wife really wanted this one!
    I didn't see any reply to this, but this is a bug and I saw the same thing.
    Or at least doesn't match any other variation of *Jewelled I've played.

If moving a single piece, or the destruction of previous rows,
    results in 3 in a row in two different directions then both should get cleared.

Rockin game though.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 08/17/2009 at 12:25 AM.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I didn't see any reply to this, but this is a bug and I saw the same thing.
    Or at least doesn't match any other variation of *Jewelled I've played.

If moving a single piece, or the destruction of previous rows,
    results in 3 in a row in two different directions then both should get cleared.

Rockin game though.

ian
    yeah im looking into the detection code, i believe its not clearing the one because the other pieces are already removed resulting in a pair left over
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    My first game.. 8x8@6
    I played strategically till about 23,000 pts..
    Then I got a little bored and started trying to end the game by
    playing "bad" (working near the top as much as possible, taking single
    rows when I could have multiples, 3's when I could have 4's etc).
    I gave up playing bad at 33k pts. I've been totally unsuccessful ending
    the level. It feels statistically off somehow.

BTW, is the score supposed to be reset to 0 any time you
    check High scores?

ian
  6.    #66  
    scores should only reset when choosing reset from the scores scene app menu. I'll double check the code when I get home from work
    Damn. I got over 10000 points and went to prefrences to see if I could save the game and it reset on me!
    Quote Originally Posted by dawm View Post
    yeah im looking into the detection code, i believe its not clearing the one because the other pieces are already removed resulting in a pair left over
    I wandered into the forum to report the same bug. To match the PopCap version, your code will need to check BOTH vertical and horizontal directions before deciding which cells to destroy.

For those who are wondering what we're talking about, the set up is like:

.or.

And I agree that the drag option to flip two icons is more intuitive than the tap one, then the other, at least on the Pre. If possible, I'd leave both input options in.

Sweet game.
    I love the idea of an Emoticon theme. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Damn. I got over 10000 points and went to prefrences to see if I could save the game and it reset on me!
    Oh crap forgot I left that part in.

Currently in order to save a highscore the level has to be locked with no moves left. The gameover screen pops up with an option to save the score. If there's another preferred way please suggest it

If you tap the score text in the upper right corner you are prompted if you would like to save it. - in 0.3.4

If the score text in the upper right corner is not 'white' you're current score is higher than the previously saved score, if you tap the score text you are prompted to save the new score. - in 0.3.5
    Last edited by dawm; 08/18/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    are we able to build our own themes?
    I'd like one that's just simple colored balls or blocks or something. The two current themes are too "busy" for me. My eyes can only take so much of it. is there some way that I can insert png files or something?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Currently in order to save a highscore the level has to be locked with no moves left. The gameover screen pops up with an option to save the score. If there's another preferred way please suggest it
    Well, as I said last night, I simply could not get the level to end no
    matter what I did. I tried everything I could think of to get it to lock
    the level when I got over 21k, and couldn't do it, for another 12k points.
    At that point I just wanted to save the high score and quit, which is when I
    reset the level accidentally by looking at the high scores. Thus an option
    to save the high score some other way would be nice, although knowing
    that the level will end eventually would be nicer.

If there is some sort of statistical anomaly it occurs to me that you might
    be able to root it out by running a simulation by having the game
    always choose the hinted move, and execute it. Let the game play
    itself and see how many moves it takes to end. I'm thinking
    you'd find that certain board sizes and number of pieces will
    lead to extremely long games.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 08/17/2009 at 12:04 PM.
  13.    #73  
    I'll implement a save scores option that doesnt require the game to be over.

yeah certain combinations of board/no. pieces result in really short games (6x6@8) and rather long games (8x8@5), which is why i took out the hardset no. of pieces and left it up to the user to select them, in the future when i implement timed mode, piece count will increase as the level increases.

Daemon, I'm still looking at the code trying to find out how i can fix it where it ignore one row when matching another.. lots of math stuff going on here its a bit confusing now =p
    Last edited by dawm; 08/17/2009 at 06:02 PM.
  14.    #74  
    0.3.4 ~ 8/17/09
    - New Feature: Save high score at any time
    -- Just tap the score in the upper right corner, if you have a higher score than before you are prompted to save it. No need to wait till game over.
    - New Feature: Clear all options & scores
    -- There is now a option in the menu on the preferences scene to clear all settings & scores (this is used it you're cookie gets buggered, all settings and scores are stored in an app cookie)
    - Updated: High Scores now look prettier
    -- Added background as well as font sizing, should all fit on screen without scrolling (if you have no notifications)
    - Change Feature: Game board no longer resets when going to the High Score scene
    -- The game board still resets if you goto preferences
    Is it possible to get the image that you use for the background up on here? I really like it and would love to use it as my wallpaper
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by keyhole_s View Post
    Is it possible to get the image that you use for the background up on here? I really like it and would love to use it as my wallpaper
    sure can cant take credit for it tho (honestly cant remember where i found it), i found it searching on google images for bokeh pictures (apparently thats the style/type of image it is)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Got above 14000 and my big thumb hit "new game" would you be able to have new game icon only come up after game over and/or have it in drop down menu?
    Best game so far. Am sending donation.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Got above 14000 and my big thumb hit "new game" would you be able to have new game icon only come up after game over and/or have it in drop down menu?
    Best game so far. Am sending donation.
    I could add a confirmation on tap.
    that sounds even better. Thanx

If u tap the score during game play u can save it and continue playing without it restarting.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast