Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    OK - It's up there now.
    Last edited by P2Labs; 10/05/2009 at 12:11 PM.
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
    It will not let me download it.
  3.    #43  
    I have the new version (renamed BACK to P2GoogleVoice) being reviewed by the moderators now. Once that's available - you'll be able to use the app. This new release supports Google's new secure authentication scheme (which broke a few applications on this forum).

Keep your eyes peeled on this forum here to get it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by htbc View Post
    It will not let me download it.
  4.    #44  
    If you can't wait (we're working out something with the closed duscussion forum for it) - then just copy and paste this URL:

Code:
    http://p2labs.com/download/com.p2labs.p2googlevoice_1.0.2_all.ipk

into FileCoaster and enjoy...
    Last edited by P2Labs; 10/30/2009 at 06:45 PM.
  5.    #45  
    OK! It's up there!!!
    Thanks to Dieter for all his hard work!

Get it here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/p2googlevoice

6.    #46  
    PS- is there an easy way to check GV Voicemail?
    Unfortunately I can't put the phone in 'quiet' mode. It's not reall supported. It would be like using an interactive phone service - you need to send tones so Palm (or other phone manufacturers) let you hear them. This way if you actually press two keys or your key doesn't work then you would know.

now, as to the history showing the name - for people you dial manually shoud it say 'non-contact'?
  7.    #47  
    I think you are right on the money.
    I'll see what I can come up with this week (so much on so little time). Also planning adding the dial for voicemail option too.

Many thanks for the suggestions.
  8.    #48  
    Actually - YOU are doing great things! It's this feedback that makes the application better. Believe me, I have some very active beta testers who are constantly providing ideas and suggestions.

I was going to add the VMail button at the base of the scene after your previous suggestion, the 411 option I'll look into. I've never used that service. As for showing the contacts that have phone numbers - that may be difficult. I'm actually making a call to the Palm's contact book to provide a list so unless I get the list and process it myself I'm sort of stuck. I may have to look at that in the coming week or so and see how they do things in the Sprint phone app.

As for holidays - what holidays? I've had no vacation this year at all (and I do mean not one day). Have a great holiday and I'll keep you posted. If you're signed up to the mailing list at P2Labs then you'll get the information as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ;2010829
    You are doing great things! Please enjoy your forthcoming holidays. I hate to do this, but I have yet two more ideas:

(1) An easy access to Google 411 through P2GoogleVoice would be awesome. If you look on the bottom of the app where it says History, is there any way to make these 3 different functions? Perhaps the left one for VMail, the right one for 411, and the middle one for History?

(2) Can you filter out the contacts from the address book in "Call a contact" that do not have phone numbers? It would be nice to just scroll through the list and be able to know that every contact in this filtered version of address book can be called (and if mobile, texted). To see what I mean, if you open up the native Sprint Dialer w/ the Green background and click the icon of the address book on the top right, you will have access to what I refer to as the Filtered address book.

Much thanks in advance,
  9.    #49  
    You asked for it - you got it!
    Release 1.0.3 awaiting moderator release provides...

1. Quick access to GOOG-411
    2. Quick access to Voicemail
    3. More details on event history (contact name).

Enjoy...

Don't forget to vote on the download page if you like it!!
    Just wanted to say that I like your app a lot. It's really getting there in comparison to gdial pro. I just wanted to give you some feedback regarding features that I find essential in comparison, not saying you have to duplicate gdial pro because that wouldn't make sense, but a few features are extremely important, especially for those that text a lot like me. One thing that I like about gdial that your app doesn't have is the ability to see and respond to text messages thru the app itself. gdial has it set so you can see the chronological texts back and forth for each number that you text, sorta like the real messaging app. When you click on history on your app and it shows the NUMBER you texted, it doesn't show the messages that had already been sent and received via that particular number. gial also gives you the ability to save those numbers as favorites which is different from the actual contacts that I have already saved. One thing gdial DOESNT do that I wish would be to add names to those saved favorites, it just shows numbers. gdial also has a terrible lag, which makes me not use it as much.

Your app is clean, fast and it works, but I text a lot and the ability to do the things that gdial pro does as far as it's texting is whats keeping me from using your app full time.

Also, maybe an option to change colors would be cool.

Oh, one more thing...gdial also give you your voicemail transcribed. I don't know if all of these things are possible, but I think they would take your app to a whole new level if you were able to pull these things off.

Thanks
  11.    #51  
    Thanks - though there's some points I should clear up...

1. I'm note really trying to 'get there' in comparison to gDial. This app was merely my first WebOS app and I was trying to figure out how to do certain things. Over time I've refined it to suit the majority of users or to fix the odd bug. I've never used gDial but I hear it does more than mine - though I try and make P2GoogleVoice as simple to use as possible (one handed, fast, etc.).

2. I only develop apps that I (or my colleagues/friends) would use on a daily basis. It's all about the productivity.

3. Considering the app is primarily a dialer there's little need to record all the text traffic. I can see why gDial may want to do that but P2GoogleVoice was always designed to launch your phone or messaging app and initiate a call or text. From then on you can use the standard messaging app/phone without another app running.

I text a lot too - and I find this simple enough to start a thread. I appreciate the compliments/comments/feedback though and you never know - I may add a few extras along the way.

Once again - thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Just wanted to say that I like your app a lot. It's really getting there in comparison to gdial pro. I just wanted to give you some feedback regarding features that I find essential in comparison, not saying you have to duplicate gdial pro because that wouldn't make sense, but a few features are extremely important, especially for those that text a lot like me. One thing that I like about gdial that your app doesn't have is the ability to see and respond to text messages thru the app itself. gdial has it set so you can see the chronological texts back and forth for each number that you text, sorta like the real messaging app. When you click on history on your app and it shows the NUMBER you texted, it doesn't show the messages that had already been sent and received via that particular number. gial also gives you the ability to save those numbers as favorites which is different from the actual contacts that I have already saved. One thing gdial DOESNT do that I wish would be to add names to those saved favorites, it just shows numbers. gdial also has a terrible lag, which makes me not use it as much.

Your app is clean, fast and it works, but I text a lot and the ability to do the things that gdial pro does as far as it's texting is whats keeping me from using your app full time.

Also, maybe an option to change colors would be cool.

Oh, one more thing...gdial also give you your voicemail transcribed. I don't know if all of these things are possible, but I think they would take your app to a whole new level if you were able to pull these things off.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    is this app also broken with text messaging?
  13.    #53  
    During the life of P2GoogleVoice, Google changed their authentication scheme so we needed to release upgrades just to keep things working. We used it as a means to add additional functionality as well but once we were tied to Google and their system we were at their mercy. Now, Google has changed things again causing our text messaging from P2GoogleVoice to fail acquiring a secure session token until a new release is available. It's not bad news at all though - as you, our users, have a great and free alternative at your disposal. Google released their mobile web application which has all the functionality of P2GoogleVoice and it runs on any web capable PDA (including your Palm device). This means you can access Google's application and receive a consistent user experience no matter which phone you're using.

You can access the application at Google Voice for your phone and I recommend you bookmark that URL and even add it to your Palm launcher for faster access. It was nice while it lasted but we need to concentrate on other applications for our corporate and community based customers for Windows and WebOs platforms. We haven't forgotten your support and we will be releasing some more applications for your Palm device soon.

In the meantime, don't forget, head on over to Google Voice for your phone and use the official Google Voice application. One more thing - let's hear a big "THANK YOU" to Google for offering such as great service in the first place and I would also like to personally say "AN EVEN BIGGER THANK YOU!!" to you - all our users who supported us with feedback, suggestions and comments to help us make our applications better.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on our next range of applications. In the meantime, P2Snippets and P2Wardrobe will still remain available and supported.

Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    is this app also broken with text messaging?
    Quote Originally Posted by sognovita View Post
    Sorry, just got back into the country. I am using a number registered with Google Voice and I do have "Do Not Disturb" turned off. It goes right into my Google Voicemail and I am recording a msg. Then I get the usual voice mail notifications (text) that I have a voice mail msg. Do you think I have one of the settings set wrong?

Hi P2Labs. I am having the exact same issue sognovita had. However, I do not believe simply getting another GV phone number is the solution. I have three GV phone numbers; there is no need to get a fourth.

If I can try to elaborate on his or her issue. From my device, I can go to the web version of GV and send texts and make calls with no problem. However, when I use the app, it fails.

Everything is configured properly (as far as I can tell). I do not have Do Not Disturb turned on. As a test, I try to call my bank. I enter the phone number manually (but the same thing happens from Contacts). When prompted to place the call, it dials my GV number, I hear the generic voice message and then I hear the tones. At the second tone, the voice message gets interrupted and I hear the beep...as if I were leaving a message. I hang up and shortly thereafter I get a notification that I have a voicemail. When I check the voicemail, each beep was recognized as "hello." I have tried this on all settings from 2-5 seconds.

Here is what I noticed. While using the web version of GV, I had to initiate the dialing process by tapping *. Once I did that, I was prompted to use my PIN and then I was prompted to tap 2 to place a call. I do not see a variation of this while using the app. Since the * comes before the PIN, I tried to add the * in the PIN field but that didn't work.

I know this must be a setting issue since I am able to log in and use the web version with no problem. Any help would be appreciated.
  15.    #55  
    hi,
    please read the information on my site.

google changed their authentication scheme again and it broke all the google voice apps.

then they released their own free version (web based) which works extremely well.

as such, I've discontinued spport for my app and recommended users to migrate to their app. It's easier than trying to release updates everytime google changes.
    I just installed this and I entered my google voice number, pin, gmail, password and when I try to send a text it says "Secure session failed" What should I do next, I'm stuck. Thank you in advance.
  17.    #57  
    Hi,
    Please read information at http://mobile.P2Labs.com
    Thanks for your efforts!
    Doesn't using Google Voice use mins?
    I entered my correct authentication (pin,password) but I get 'secure session failed'.

(Is this the correct forum for this?)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast