Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: P2Snippets.

Are you tired of trying to highlight more than a few words of text to copy to the clipboard? Frustrated trying to enter complex passwords (numbers and characters) every time you need it?

Enter P2Snippets...

P2Snippets allows you to stores notes, user IDs, passwords - in fact, anything you like and recall and copy to the clipboard with a simple tap. All operations are easily accessible. Using the Pre's inbuilt SQL database, your snippets are stored for fast recall.

• Drag and drop the order of your notes.
    • Edit and copy to the clipboard with ease!
    • Ability to copy dates & times to clipboard
    • Support for date, time, formatting and user defined variables too!!
    • Complete help (index, overview and scene specific)
    • Shake to return to previous screens.
    • Obeys orientation of your Pre so you can see as much (or as little) of your text as you like.

Release: 1.0.4
    • Replaced spinner with banner message

Release: 1.0.3
    • Added startup message
    • Selectable view of categories
    • Replaced view all switch with two colored versions
    • Expand/collapse all image changes when flipped
    • Spacing between collapsed dividers for easier tapping
    • Spacing before top divider for easier access to switch
    • Code optimization

Release: 1.0.2
    • Added collapsible categories for easier navigation
    • Added view all switch (top right corner)

Release: 1.0.1
    • User preference of shake to clear
    • New layout of Preferences scene
    • Added link to mobile product support

Release: 1.0.0
    • HTML supported in snippets
    • Send snippet to SMS/IM or Email
    • Spinner for lengthy operations
    • Enhanced error checking
    • Optimized User Interface

Release: 0.9.2
    • Added ability to hide text
    • Added New Line variable
    • Added TAB variable
    • Added user variables (up to 3)
    • Added What's New (this page)
    • Added drag and reorder snippets
    • Expanded instructions
    • Enlarged Send Feedback button
    • Changed URL of website page
    • Moved edit icon to left hand side

Release: 0.9.1
    • Initial release...

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY BETA TESTERS !!!!

Don't forget to vote for the application...

P2Labs - it's all in the code...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by P2Labs; 10/30/2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: replaced note asking for posting in the gallery with the gallery link
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
    jmelex likes this.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    you know this is exactly what i was using the memo app for, you just saved me sliding out my keyboard and shift+selecting all that crap! ty
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Updated opening post to reflect that this app is now available in the Homebrew Apps Gallery: P2Snippets.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    P2Snippets

EXCELLENT - Have been Waiting For this.!
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    you know this is exactly what i was using the memo app for, you just saved me sliding out my keyboard and shift+selecting all that crap! ty
    Me, too.

Nice app, very useful. Good job.
    Great ...

How about if it copies the text by tapping on the post-it note symbol in list view to save a step!?

Thanks!
    Going to try the functionality soon. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I don't understand the "shake" function.

If I am on a web page that requires a password and I go to your program to snip it, do I just shake the Pre to go back to my web page?

When I shake, all I get is intermittent landscape views.<g>
    Nice idea!

My thoughts:

1) I agree with the above suggestion that tapping the post-it icon on the front page (or a button that said "Copy") to copy to the clipboard would save a step.

2) It would be helpful to enable Edit | Copy and Edit | Paste in the menus to help with initial entry.

3) Is there currently any way to add your app to the menus of other apps to avoid having to start it up explicitly?
    Many (many!) thanks ... really tired of entering my email address 8^( ... was hoping someone would get around to this.

Second the recommendation to just copy from the front screen (touch post-it or whatever).

What I'd really like is to attach the snippets to programmable keys. Maybe use the Gesture area as a ctrl key, like Gesture-C or Gesture-V, but be able to use other keys to just automatically paste your snippets. Probably requires rooting/hacking ... but thought I'd ask 8^).
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    Nice idea!

My thoughts:

1) I agree with the above suggestion that tapping the post-it icon on the front page (or a button that said "Copy") to copy to the clipboard would save a step.

2) It would be helpful to enable Edit | Copy and Edit | Paste in the menus to help with initial entry.

3) Is there currently any way to add your app to the menus of other apps to avoid having to start it up explicitly?
    Yes - #1 & #2 should be done. I have no idea how to mimic a system hook to have available on all apps. Perhaps someone could shed some light...
    One other thought ... you might put the actual snippet (or a portion of it) on the front screen too. Just use the smaller font and replace the "Tap to view, etc" ... you really don't need to see that, especially on every snippet, it's pretty intuitive.

And just one more time ... thanks!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I don't understand the "shake" function.

If I am on a web page that requires a password and I go to your program to snip it, do I just shake the Pre to go back to my web page?

When I shake, all I get is intermittent landscape views.<g>
    Sorry if it's misleading - when you're viewing the list of snippets and you tap on one to view or edit it - just shake the Pre to back to the previous screen (in this case the main list).

Similarly with the About screen - shake to go back....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    One other thought ... you might put the actual snippet (or a portion of it) on the front screen too. Just use the smaller font and replace the "Tap to view, etc" ... you really don't need to see that, especially on every snippet, it's pretty intuitive.

And just one more time ... thanks!
    Got the actual snippet text on the list as well (thank you for the suggestion).
    I'm just adding a few more touches and then will release an update (don't want to update too soon - it only made the HomeBrew gallery this morning).
    I feel really stupid but I can not figure out how to use this. Can someone please explain it to me? I thought it was like something I had with my Blackberry. I could tell it if I want to put in my email goirish@xxxxx.com that I could type a short cut then hit space and it would populate it for me. In other wards I set it up so if I typed goi then space, it would populate my entire email.
    Please help me I am lost!!! Many thanks.
    Deano
    Last edited by floridadomer; 08/14/2009 at 03:20 PM.
    Would somebody please help a brother out!!!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I feel really stupid but I can not figure out how to use this. Can someone please explain it to me? I thought it was like something I had with my Blackberry. I could tell it if I want to put in my email goirish@xxxxx.com that I could type a short cut then hit space and it would populate it for me. In other wards I set it up so if I typed goi then space, it would populate my entire email.
    Please help me I am lost!!! Many thanks.
    Deano
    I think you're referring to the AutoText feature on the Blackberry. The Palm Pre has extremely limited capability in this (id become I'd and u becomes you).

Here's an example for P2Snippets use....

Let's say you have a password for a banking website which is the text "@as!_5dde". This is going to be a real pain to type in using the Pre keyboard all the time.
    You could have a User ID, a piece of text like an email signature, a canned message you want to send - anything - stored as a snippet.

Simply enter it into P2Snippets and give it a title like "Canned Message"

Now, whenever you need it, you just tap on it in P2Snippets, go to your application where you need it pasted and select Paste - Voila!

Does that make any more sense? It's a simple application but surprisingly it's not that easy to describe how to use it etc. unless you're already familiar with snippets (such as code development environments, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    I think you're referring to the AutoText feature on the Blackberry. The Palm Pre has extremely limited capability in this (id become I'd and u becomes you).

Here's an example for P2Snippets use....

Let's say you have a password for a banking website which is the text "@as!_5dde". This is going to be a real pain to type in using the Pre keyboard all the time.
    You could have a User ID, a piece of text like an email signature, a canned message you want to send - anything - stored as a snippet.

Simply enter it into P2Snippets and give it a title like "Canned Message"

Now, whenever you need it, you just tap on it in P2Snippets, go to your application where you need it pasted and select Paste - Voila!

Does that make any more sense? It's a simple application but surprisingly it's not that easy to describe how to use it etc. unless you're already familiar with snippets (such as code development environments, etc).

Yes, i was talking about AutoText. I couldn't remember the name.
    I now understand, thanks. So I guess if you are going to have more than one snippet, you will need to have the app open while you are using it on different sites.
    I'd strongly advise against using this for banking passwords, or for any other sensitive information, as there's no authentication or encryption protecting the entries. Anyone picking up your phone would have access.

For low-security stuff (e-mail address, etc.), it's great.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Mine isn't working for some reason:

I've given a snippet a name (email) and typed my email address into the 'text' box of the snippet. I then hit the "Copt snippet text" button and navigate to the browser.
    I paste and nothing happens. In fact, if, from within the browser, I hit 'web' on the top left then 'edit', paste isn't even lit up, indicating my clipboard is empty..

Any ideas??
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast