Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 150
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ludvball's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #121  
    I treied filecoaster as well. Didn't work. I did try rebooting.
  2. ZeroMuch's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #122  
    I, too, cannot get past the loading stage. I'm excited to try it out, so I'll just wait for an update.
  3. EXC
    EXC is offline
    EXC's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    #123  
    I, had the same Problem! I treied filecoaster as well. Didn't work. I did try rebooting.
  4.    #124  
    Hhhmmm... this is puzzling (and not in a good way)...


    I wonder if everyone having this problem is suffering from the "previously installed virtual keyboard" problem?

    Anyway - v1.0.4 is up there (hopefully available for download as soon as moderator looks at it).

    If you can all try that - I've actually removed the spinner altogether and reverted to the small banner message at the base of the screen...

    Let's hope this gets all the P2Snippets users smiling again!
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  5. ludvball's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Hhhmmm... this is puzzling (and not in a good way)...


    I wonder if everyone having this problem is suffering from the "previously installed virtual keyboard" problem?

    Anyway - v1.0.4 is up there (hopefully available for download as soon as moderator looks at it).

    If you can all try that - I've actually removed the spinner altogether and reverted to the small banner message at the base of the screen...

    Let's hope this gets all the P2Snippets users smiling again!
    Just loaded it. It works now! thanks!
  6. dbeedle's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    Just loaded it. It works now! thanks!
    Same here. Updated and the app now starts just fine. Thanks for the work!
    TTFN
  7.    #127  
    Glad to hear it!!!!!!
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  8. EXC
    EXC is offline
    EXC's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    #128  
    The app now starts just fine. Thanks for the work!
    Christian from Germany spend 5,00$
  9.    #129  
    Christian,
    Your donation is appreciated! Thank you very much. Remember, it's all about making the software better for me AND you. Feel free to sign up for our beta testers program at P2Labs.com where you can have a direct say in the features the next release will have.

    Once again - many thanks...

    By the way - we're all big Rammstein fans in the office here...

    Quote Originally Posted by EXC View Post
    The app now starts just fine. Thanks for the work!
    Christian from Germany spend 5,00$
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  10. EXC
    EXC is offline
    EXC's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    #130  
    for me is still a big improvement if I could adjust the categories, is ther a Chance in the future?
  11.    #131  
    You bet! It's on my list of things to do.
    Unfortunately - I'm trying to juggle all this with an extremely large project we're developing for an investment bank. That's taking up a lot of time (and I mean A LOT of time).

    Don't worry - I won't forget.

    Quote Originally Posted by EXC View Post
    for me is still a big improvement if I could adjust the categories, is ther a Chance in the future?
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  12. #132  
    Wish someone told me that an update deletes all my old Snippets
    --Marvin
  13.    #133  
    marvin,
    it doesn't delete your snippets - every release maintains them as I haven't changed the db at all.
    perhaps your category is not being displayed? Preferences?
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  14. #134  
    I think I had an old version don't remember which number but it was the one before the app went in the app catalog. And that didn't have any cateogries
  15. #135  
    I have noticed that if your snippet includes a double quote (") then it fails to save. I'm using P2Snippets to save my passwords and some of those includes the double quote character.

    Also is there a way to import a bunch of snippets? Read an XML or CSV file rather than type them all in via the keyboard?
  16. #136  
    Hi all,

    I have had P2Snippets for a while now and don't use it all the time but when I do, it is so handy.

    I have been also looking at other apps that are available that 'store' your passwords to make it easy to have them all in one place for easy access and are stored securely. One app is called 'Keyring' and the other is 'jVault'.

    And frankly, I am using P2Snippets to store one of my passwords for logging in to a website.

    But it's not really secure in the form that P2Snippets has, because it's just a free form field that we fill in, and see openly.

    Could P2Snippets add a 'secure' category so that we can store passwords a bit more securely and then I won't have to have a separate app for that. I could use P2Snippets for that function as well.

    Let's face it, if you look at these other apps that I just mentioned, there is not much difference in what they are doing, just that they store this information in an encrypted format and make you use a password to view them in the first place.

    I love how P2Snippets does a function (mostly be able to grab or copy that info and paste it into other apps) and if we store passwords in P2Snippets maybe they should be stored more securely in the app and not able to be accessed so easily.

    Is this a bad idea? Is it something that can be added to the function of the app?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 12/15/2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: grammer
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  17.    #137  
    Rob,
    Once we complete the large system we're building for a commercial client it's on our list.

    We'll keep you posted...


    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

    I have had P2Snippets for a while now and don't use it all the time but when I do, it is so handy.

    I have been also looking at other apps that are available that 'store' your passwords to make it easy to have them all in one place for easy access and are stored securely. One app is called 'Keyring' and the other is 'jVault'.

    And frankly, I am using P2Snippets to store one of my passwords for logging in to a website.

    But it's not really secure in the form that P2Snippets has, because it's just a free form field that we fill in, and see openly.

    Could P2Snippets add a 'secure' category so that we can store passwords a bit more securely and then I won't have to have a separate app for that. I could use P2Snippets for that function as well.

    Let's face it, if you look at these other apps that I just mentioned, there is not much difference in what they are doing, just that they store this information in an encrypted format and make you use a password to view them in the first place.

    I love how P2Snippets does a function (mostly be able to grab or copy that info and paste it into other apps) and if we store passwords in P2Snippets maybe they should be stored more securely in the app and not able to be accessed so easily.

    Is this a bad idea? Is it something that can be added to the function of the app?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  18. #138  
    I see the three fields available for user-defined variables, but I don't know what the format/syntax is to use them.

    Do I say $x=My name? Do I just type in my name in the first field, and if so, how do I then access that variable in a snippet?

    Really I did try looking at the help files and online first before asking :-)

    Thanks.
  19.    #139  
    hi, just populate the user fields and when creating the snuppet you'll see a variables menu item.

    each variable is accessed in a snippet by @@U1,2 or 3

    I've finished redoing the mobile site and will expand the help section. Sorry for any inconveience.

    feel free to ask more questions or provide more feedback...
  20. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I think I had an old version don't remember which number but it was the one before the app went in the app catalog. And that didn't have any cateogries
    P2Snippets v. 0.9.1

    I still use that version as I didn't like the category function as I found it added too many steps to getting to the text I was looking to copy/paste. I have not updated since.

    Maybe P2Labs could add an option to turn off categories so that those of us who like the simplicity of the original app could still get updates but not lose the original user experience.

    Edit: I should add "Or is that already there?" I haven't updated for some time so not sure whether this function has since been implemented.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions