Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #101  
    Just depends if you want to get your hands on a later pre-Catalog version and try out some new features.
    The Feedback option is generating a ton of suggestions and comments.

Actually...

I have no intention to charge for P2Snippets or P2GoogleVoice.
    I needed to get accustomed to the OS so I wrote those apps.
    Those are free now and will always be free.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Funny, I thought in the long run it would be better to get programs thru the Palm App Catalog because the Pre would automatically update to the new versions.

But I do like having the new stuff first and doing some of the testing.

So since I fixed my Pre and downloaded P2Snippets from the App Catalog, can I just overwrite it by downloading from Homebrew? Or should I delete the App altogether and then just get it from Homebrew?

Of course, you will eventually be charging for your App in Palm's Catalog, so how would you handle that with people.

I'm just asking, this might be too personal for you to answer here if you have not decided how to handle issues like that.

Rob
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  2.    #102  
    Only thing close to a 'beta' version is the new homebrew version. I'm surprised you still have that problem as no-one else has.
    You didn't play with that virtual keyboard too did you?

The alerts and sound toggle buttons merely set a cookie (one for each and each function is only one line of code).
    Cookies are used elsewhere (such as your email address) and the user defined variables so I'm not sure why you are still having this problem.

Sorry - I'm feeling helpless on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    P2Labs,

This is really weird. I upgraded my P2Snippets and I could change the setting for "Hide Text" but I still can't move the switch for "Show Alerts" or "Use Sounds".

I know this sounds really strange...but those two switches are the only two switches that I have been unable to move. And now to be able to change the "Hide Text" switch but not the other two? Are you sure there isn't something different in the code you are using for those other two switches? Sorry to keep bringing this up...

If you like, you could send me an URL link for a beta version to try in case you have any ideas and don't want to mess with the publicly available version.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Imagine you want to have an email address that you send all the time.
    How's that? A phone number? Anything you like...
    What I couldn't figure out is where that enter way 'used'. I poked around some more and do see it now. For anyone else, it's available as a variable when creating a new snippet.

I'm not sure how I might use it yet, but a clever addition.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Love all the changes, thank you!!

Change Target -- I have a thought for a major new feature to consider. Right now the target of the app is the clipboard. Although probably difficult to do, allowing a choice of target would really open up new possibilities for how the app could be used. I would love to be able to target the notes for a client but I have been thinking about that and there are several major roadblocks to doing that. But there is one target that might be worth the effort. The old datebk app on PalmOS had a feature called Journal. You could quickly add dated entries to the notes area of an all day appointment called Journal. If that appointment did not exist, it was created. This would open up a whole can of worms in order to do the calendar interaction and may be way beyond anything you are interested in doing, but I thought I would at least throw it out there for you to muse on. Another, probably easier target, would be a selected or specially named Memo.
    How would i use P2Snippets for like forwarding a message?
  6.    #106  
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    What I couldn't figure out is where that enter way 'used'. I poked around some more and do see it now. For anyone else, it's available as a variable when creating a new snippet.

I'm not sure how I might use it yet, but a clever addition.
  7.    #107  
    Something similiar is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Love all the changes, thank you!!

Change Target -- I have a thought for a major new feature to consider. Right now the target of the app is the clipboard. Although probably difficult to do, allowing a choice of target would really open up new possibilities for how the app could be used. I would love to be able to target the notes for a client but I have been thinking about that and there are several major roadblocks to doing that. But there is one target that might be worth the effort. The old datebk app on PalmOS had a feature called Journal. You could quickly add dated entries to the notes area of an all day appointment called Journal. If that appointment did not exist, it was created. This would open up a whole can of worms in order to do the calendar interaction and may be way beyond anything you are interested in doing, but I thought I would at least throw it out there for you to muse on. Another, probably easier target, would be a selected or specially named Memo.
  8.    #108  
    Not sure what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Hector3150 View Post
    How would i use P2Snippets for like forwarding a message?
    Liking the app so far. Keep up the good work. BTW sent a message through p2labs.com about adding to the help file, hopefully it showed up.
  10.    #110  
    It did - thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by goky View Post
    Liking the app so far. Keep up the good work. BTW sent a message through p2labs.com about adding to the help file, hopefully it showed up.
  11.    #111  
    Release 1.0.3 now available on Homebrew! Many, many more features.
    I originally got P2Snippets from Homebrew and when I saw it in the Palm App Catalog I downloaded from there.

But since then, there have been several updates to P2Snippets which have not made it to the Palm App Catalog.

At this point, I'm not sure why I am sticking with the Palm App Catalog version.

I feel like it might be better just to go Homebrew, which is where I feel more comfortable these days anyway. And of course, I don't mind the beta stuff.

If I switch, should I just deleted it and re-download from Homebrew, or just do an upgrade, if it allows it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

13.    #113  
    You should be able to switch without any problems. Palm are still reviewing 1.0.2 but their process is under load from so many developers so I can release here more often.
    Yeah, I figured that. I'm waiting for an upgrade to Newsroom and it's just being held up at Palm.

This is going to be a big problem if they can't push updates out faster.

Also another question, I read a few messages back that someone mentioned 'if you installed virtual keyboard'.

I do have it installed and working perfectly.

And I don't seem to have a problem with P2Snippets.

I guess my question is if I will have a problem if I upgrade having the virtual keyboard installed.

Or was that just an individual case?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

15.    #115  
    I'm sorry - I don't use (or have ever used) that app so I can't say.
    However, after those posts that problem was never raised again...
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Having a problem with the latest...just downloaded and installed via preware but the app shows the spinning...thing...over the background of catagories and won't go on. Can tap repferences and all in the menu and the changes to catagories are shown. Just he spinner stays put and I can't use the bottom buttons.

I have removed using the orange+tap then reinstalled, no change. Bother.
    TTFN
  17.    #117  
    that's strange? i have a group of beta testers running the identical version (as am I) without that problem. does anyone else on this forum have this?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Having a problem with the latest...just downloaded and installed via preware but the app shows the spinning...thing...over the background of catagories and won't go on. Can tap repferences and all in the menu and the changes to catagories are shown. Just he spinner stays put and I can't use the bottom buttons.

I have removed using the orange+tap then reinstalled, no change. Bother.
    I am having the same problem. I tried to open teh program about ten minutes ago, and it is still working (round spinning thing). Cannot do anything.
  19.    #119  
    This is weird. I'm already getting emails from others who are having no trouble at all.
    Can you try installing via FileCoaster using this url:

http://p2labs.com/download/com.p2lab..._1.0.3_all.ipk

We'll see if that works....

Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    I am having the same problem. I tried to open teh program about ten minutes ago, and it is still working (round spinning thing). Cannot do anything.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    gave the filecoaster install a try, no change. Some further info...I had the WebOS re-install issue since my first post. Due to that, I now have no patches or themes installed. Still no change.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast