Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 150
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #81  
    sorry, I also found a directory called /var/usr/palm/applications/com/p2labs.p2snipp...

    Are these the homebrew or Palm's

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  2.    #82  
    Looks like it might be the palm one OR the homebrew one. I think that's where applications are installed.

    Wherever the app is installed is out of my hands unfortunately. It's up to the OS, FileCoaster and App Catalog to do their thing.

    Sorry I can't help. If it's any consolation - I now have thousands of users with a lot saying they used the homebrew version and switched to the app catalog version with no ill effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    sorry, I also found a directory called /var/usr/palm/applications/com/p2labs.p2snipp...

    Are these the homebrew or Palm's

    Rob
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  3. #83  
    Ok, I went in with Internalz and look for your app in the homebrew section, at least what I think is the homebrew section.

    What I did so, I reinstalled P2Snippets via Preware, I looked for where it was installed.

    I then did the deleted using your method of the orange key.

    I then look at the directory and it was totally gone.

    I think went to install via Palm Catalog.

    I was thinking that maybe I was touching the download bar twice hence canceling the install.

    I made sure I didn't tap twice, and I watched the download very carefully.

    At the end of the download it actually flashed 'tap to launch' which meant that it got installed, that is the normal thing you get.

    But instantly after seeing that ever so briefly, it went back to the saying 'download'.

    So something is quickly removing the app as soon as it gets installed via the app catalog.

    Can you tell me one thing to help me:

    Can you tell me where I should look for your app when it's install via homebrew (Preware is OK) because from what I understand homebrew don't use the same directory as a Palm app.

    And can you tell me where your app would go if installed via Palm's Catalog.

    Let me look in those two places to see if there is anything remaining or left over there, as you said the deleting thing might not be cleaning up that good.

    I just want to make sure it's all gone before I try again.

    And of course, it could be another app getting in the way.

    I had virtual keyboard working and I removed it because a new version came out and I can't get that installed either.

    So both of these problems might be related in some way.

    Of course if all else fails there is always WebOS Doctor!!!! LOL! Thank god for that.

    I also know that in a few more days I will have to remove almost everything for the new OS.

    Thanks for trying to help with whatever you can tell me at this point.

    Rob

    PS I just want to be sure, did I donate to you? I'm having a hard time keeping track of my donations. I had started to donate multiple times to a few developers because of that. I do want to support all you guys.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  4. #84  
    Ok yeah while I'm at it.

    This is a program question, when filling out a field for a quick paste, I was trying to put in my signature so for example:

    Robert Lanza
    111 West 12th Street Apt B4
    New York, NY 10011
    email: rlanza1054@youknow.com
    home: 212-555-1212

    The problem I am getting that the field is not taking my return key at the end of the line.

    Can the field hold multiple lines and if it can how do I get that in there. Should I just type it out in the Memo Pad, and copy it and then paste it into the field?

    Hopefully, I've explained clearly enough so you know what I am trying to do.

    Thanks again!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  5.    #85  
    Once you successfully install with FileCoaster it tells you it was successful and then it DOES change back to download.

    Sounds like it was successful for you.

    Nope, no donation but don't sweat it. If I did this for money I'd be broke

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok, I went in with Internalz and look for your app in the homebrew section, at least what I think is the homebrew section.

    What I did so, I reinstalled P2Snippets via Preware, I looked for where it was installed.

    I then did the deleted using your method of the orange key.

    I then look at the directory and it was totally gone.

    I think went to install via Palm Catalog.

    I was thinking that maybe I was touching the download bar twice hence canceling the install.

    I made sure I didn't tap twice, and I watched the download very carefully.

    At the end of the download it actually flashed 'tap to launch' which meant that it got installed, that is the normal thing you get.

    But instantly after seeing that ever so briefly, it went back to the saying 'download'.

    So something is quickly removing the app as soon as it gets installed via the app catalog.

    Can you tell me one thing to help me:

    Can you tell me where I should look for your app when it's install via homebrew (Preware is OK) because from what I understand homebrew don't use the same directory as a Palm app.

    And can you tell me where your app would go if installed via Palm's Catalog.

    Let me look in those two places to see if there is anything remaining or left over there, as you said the deleting thing might not be cleaning up that good.

    I just want to make sure it's all gone before I try again.

    And of course, it could be another app getting in the way.

    I had virtual keyboard working and I removed it because a new version came out and I can't get that installed either.

    So both of these problems might be related in some way.

    Of course if all else fails there is always WebOS Doctor!!!! LOL! Thank god for that.

    I also know that in a few more days I will have to remove almost everything for the new OS.

    Thanks for trying to help with whatever you can tell me at this point.

    Rob

    PS I just want to be sure, did I donate to you? I'm having a hard time keeping track of my donations. I had started to donate multiple times to a few developers because of that. I do want to support all you guys.
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  6.    #86  
    Next release (due real soon) includes that as well as other features/variables...


    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok yeah while I'm at it.

    This is a program question, when filling out a field for a quick paste, I was trying to put in my signature so for example:

    Robert Lanza
    111 West 12th Street Apt B4
    New York, NY 10011
    email:
    home:

    The problem I am getting that the field is not taking my return key at the end of the line.

    Can the field hold multiple lines and if it can how do I get that in there. Should I just type it out in the Memo Pad, and copy it and then paste it into the field?

    Hopefully, I've explained clearly enough so you know what I am trying to do.

    Thanks again!

    Rob
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  7. #87  
    No you misunderstood. When I try to install it with Palm Catalog it says downlioading, then tap to launch and then back to download.

    It is not getting installed with Palm's App Catalog. The problem is still there.

    I can install it with WebOS Quick Install, Preware and Filecoaster. It installs the homebrew version with all 3 homebrew installers.

    It does not install using Palm's App Catalog. That's what I was talking about.

    Rob

    PS and thanks for letting me know you are going to add that feature!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  8. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #88  
    +1 for the return key request.

    I just love this app!

    One very minor criticism, though, I really hate the new icon. Too big and sorry to say but kind of ugly. I preferred the old one. As I have this app on my wave bar, the icon has a little more importance. Anyone else feel the same way?
  9. #89  
    I made sure I didn't tap twice, and I watched the download very carefully.

    At the end of the download it actually flashed 'tap to launch' which meant that it got installed, that is the normal thing you get.

    But instantly after seeing that ever so briefly, it went back to the saying 'download'.

    So something is quickly removing the app as soon as it gets installed via the app catalog.
    Exact same issue for me in the app catalog, but only for this app. No other apps have this problem.
  10. #90  
    Today, I just decided to use the WebOS Doctor for the first time. Looks like I'm back to my stock Pre. I'm happy that it went well.

    Now I will try and install P2Snippets, and I figure it will work.

    Its seems a lot of people are having a variety of issue ever since trying to install and play with Virtual Keyboard and that they released the new version of WebOS Quick Install version 2.5.

    I can wait a few days to have all the fun stuff, the Palm update is coming out on the 24th. I can be patient and play after that.

    Right now, I just wanted to get back to a good place.

    Rob

    PS P2Snippets downloaded perfected from the Palm App Catalog now!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 09/20/2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: additon
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  11. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok yeah while I'm at it.

    This is a program question, when filling out a field for a quick paste, I was trying to put in my signature so for example:

    Robert Lanza
    111 West 12th Street Apt B4
    New York, NY 10011
    email:
    home:

    The problem I am getting that the field is not taking my return key at the end of the line.

    Can the field hold multiple lines and if it can how do I get that in there. Should I just type it out in the Memo Pad, and copy it and then paste it into the field?

    Hopefully, I've explained clearly enough so you know what I am trying to do.

    Thanks again!

    Rob
    I had the same problem. To solve, I created my signature in an email then cut-n-paste into the program. Worked like a charm.
  12. #92  
    Well, I now have P2Snippets installed via Palm App Catalog after doing WebDoctor.

    I also did the copy and paste thing to get a full signature in a snippet. I wasn't sure if the field could contain a line break or not. Apparently, it can. So I'm Ok with this until he can figure a way to put a line break while typing without going to the next field in the record.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  13.    #93  
    Line breaks & tabs are just some of the new features coming next update...

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Well, I now have P2Snippets installed via Palm App Catalog after doing WebDoctor.

    I also did the copy and paste thing to get a full signature in a snippet. I wasn't sure if the field could contain a line break or not. Apparently, it can. So I'm Ok with this until he can figure a way to put a line break while typing without going to the next field in the record.

    Rob
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  14.    #94  
    New release in HomeBrew apps of P2Snippets.
    Version 0.9.2 is the current release for PreCentral.net
    Version 0.9.1 is the current release for the Palm App Catalog.

    This release includes:
    • Added ability to hide text from main scene
    • Added New Line variable
    • Added TAB variable
    • Added user defined variables (up to 3)
    • Added What's New (this page)
    • Added drag and reorder of snippets
    • Expanded instructions
    • Enlarged Send Feedback button
    • Changed URL of website page
    • Moved edit icon to left hand side (demands from right handed people)


    Hopefully that should keep everyone happy until next release. I'm sorry I don't know why some of you are having trouble installing. If it's the same process for everyone then there's about .05% of you with this problem.

    Has anyone made any progress on the problem? Is it after installing virtual keyboard?
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Has anyone made any progress on the problem? Is it after installing virtual keyboard?
    Personally, I believe the Virtual Keyboard mod, messed up a lot of people with a lot of things.

    I think they are working hard to find out what is going on with the latest release of it.

    But I do think that is what happened in my case.

    One question:

    Why the differences in version number from Palm's Catalog and Precental's.

    Should they be the same?

    Are they the same but with difference version numbers, I'm sorry it was a bit confusing to me.

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  16.    #96  
    Hello!
    The difference is due to the fact that the HomeBrew version is a later version. I want to make sure the HomeBrew version is released earlier than the Palm Catalog version so:
    • Users here get first crack at it
    • Superior user testing here (you should see the comments on the Catalog)
    • Release cycle on Palm takes time whereas I can push an update out anytime I like here


    The HomeBrew version has the following new features/changes (which are not in the App Catalog version).
    • Added ability to hide text
    • Added New Line variable
    • Added TAB variable
    • Added user variables (up to 3)
    • Added What's New (this page)
    • Added drag and reorder snippets
    • Expanded instructions
    • Enlarged Send Feedback button
    • Changed URL of website page
    • Moved edit icon to left hand side


    It might be easier to stick to one version (HomeBrew or App Catalog) if there's going to be install issues. Your choice. Enjoy...

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Personally, I believe the Virtual Keyboard mod, messed up a lot of people with a lot of things.

    I think they are working hard to find out what is going on with the latest release of it.

    But I do think that is what happened in my case.

    One question:

    Why the differences in version number from Palm's Catalog and Precental's.

    Should they be the same?

    Are they the same but with difference version numbers, I'm sorry it was a bit confusing to me.

    Thanks!

    Rob
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  17. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #97  
    P2Labs,

    This is really weird. I upgraded my P2Snippets and I could change the setting for "Hide Text" but I still can't move the switch for "Show Alerts" or "Use Sounds".

    I know this sounds really strange...but those two switches are the only two switches that I have been unable to move. And now to be able to change the "Hide Text" switch but not the other two? Are you sure there isn't something different in the code you are using for those other two switches? Sorry to keep bringing this up...

    If you like, you could send me an URL link for a beta version to try in case you have any ideas and don't want to mess with the publicly available version.
  18. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #98  
    I like the new version, thanks! One question though, what are the User Defined Variables for?
  19. #99  
    Funny, I thought in the long run it would be better to get programs thru the Palm App Catalog because the Pre would automatically update to the new versions.

    But I do like having the new stuff first and doing some of the testing.

    So since I fixed my Pre and downloaded P2Snippets from the App Catalog, can I just overwrite it by downloading from Homebrew? Or should I delete the App altogether and then just get it from Homebrew?

    Of course, you will eventually be charging for your App in Palm's Catalog, so how would you handle that with people.

    I'm just asking, this might be too personal for you to answer here if you have not decided how to handle issues like that.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  20.    #100  
    Imagine you want to have an email address that you send all the time.
    How's that? A phone number? Anything you like...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I like the new version, thanks! One question though, what are the User Defined Variables for?
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions